Remember when Shogun was 3-2 in the UFC...

GMB

And 2 of those wins were against guys who were at the end of their career and now retired. The other was against a fighter that might be one loss away from being cut, who he also has lost to. At this point Shogun has been less impressive in the UFC than Brock Lesnar... Imagine if Shogun loses to Rashad...

Discuss.

And 2 of those wins were against guys who were at the end of their career and now retired. The other was against a fighter that might be one loss away from being cut' date=' who he also has lost to. At this point Shogun has been less impressive in the UFC than Brock Lesnar... Imagine if Shogun loses to Rashad...

Discuss.[/quote']

Remember when Shogun dominated his weight class in Pride, had a rough start in the UFC due to injuries, then smashed his way to the Light Heavy Weight Title? Yea, that's right.

And 2 of those wins were against guys who were at the end of their career and now retired. The other was against a fighter that might be one loss away from being cut' date=' who he also has lost to. At this point Shogun has been less impressive in the UFC than Brock Lesnar... Imagine if Shogun loses to Rashad...

Discuss.[/quote']

Machida? That's not a bad loss. Personally i think Shogun won.

My Scoring:

Round 1 - Draw 10-10

Round 2 - Machida 10-9

Round 3 - Shogun 10-9

Round 4 - Shogun 10-9

Round 5 - Shogun 10-9

Also against Forest shogun was nervous and he was injured coming into the fight.

Remember when Shogun dominated his weight class in Pride' date=' had a rough start in the UFC due to injuries, [b']then smashed his way to the Light Heavy Weight Title?[/b] Yea, that's right.

Defeating top contenders 43 yr old Mark Coleman and 39 yr old Chuck Liddell....wait...

Machida? That's not a bad loss. Personally i think Shogun won.

My Scoring:

Round 1 - Draw 10-10

Round 2 - Machida 10-9

Round 3 - Shogun 10-9

Round 4 - Shogun 10-9

Round 5 - Shogun 10-9

Also against Forest shogun was nervous and he was injured coming into the fight.

Shogun/Machida 1 was a close fight which I also feel he should have won, but clearly Shogun did not do enough to decisively win that fight. I agree that it was not a bad loss, my point however was that 2/3 of his UFC wins were not very impressive. Against relevant opponents, Shogun is 1-2 in the UFC. He could soon be 1-3 against relevant opponents in the UFC.

Shogun/Machida 1 was a close fight which I also feel he should have won' date=' but clearly Shogun did not do enough to decisively win that fight. I agree that it was not a bad loss, my point however was that 2/3 of his UFC wins were not very impressive. Against relevant opponents, Shogun is 1-2 in the UFC. He could soon be 1-3 against relevant opponents in the UFC.[/quote']

He didn't win the 1st fight convincingly, but he showed he improved in the second fight by KO'ing Machida in the 1st round.

He didn't win the 1st fight convincingly' date=' but he showed he improved in the second fight by KO'ing Machida in the 1st round.[/quote']

i know what u mean but surely if frankie edgar done enough to "convincingly" win his first match with bj penn shogun done enough in the 1st machida fight and i dont know why ur hatin on shogun he dominated the majority of his opponents in pride winning the 2005 middleweight grand prix if a little fairy like jake shields can come into te ufc n get a title shot after barely getting past kampmann shogun should of got a title shot the second he signed his name on the contract

Stop hugging his nuts. YES shogun was amazing in Pride, NO he has not performed well enough in the UFC to own the belt. The only relevent fighter he has beaten is Machida.

This may be due to his grandpa knee's, but you can't deny that out of all the current champions his performances in the UFC have been the most lackluster. Lets hope he continues a first round knockout streak. I see Rashad humping him for 5 rounds though.

Remember when Shogun dominated his weight class in Pride' date=' had a rough start in the UFC due to injuries, then smashed his way to the Light Heavy Weight Title? Yea, that's right.[/quote']

he didn,t smash his way to the LHW title. He was handed the shot on a silver plate. Yes he did make the best out of it. But there is no way he ever deserved this shot in the first place. How he managed to get a title shot after all these losses and a couple wins against guys who, as every ****ing one knows, were done, I don't know... If he loses to Rashad, it'll be the definite proof of it.

Stop hugging his nuts. YES shogun was amazing in Pride' date=' NO he has not performed well enough in the UFC to own the belt. The only relevent fighter he has beaten is Machida.

This may be due to his grandpa knee's, but you can't deny that out of all the current champions his performances in the UFC have been the most lackluster. Lets hope he continues a first round knockout streak. [b']I see Rashad humping him for 5 rounds though.[/b]

I hope you are right.

It would hilarious hearing what the Shogun fanboys had to say if he lost to Rashad.

Shogun is awesome, but his fanboys annoy me with all this excuse nonsense. I am not debating them but a loss is a loss either way. So just to turn the tables I literally just watched Rampage vs Shogun in Pride, and Rampage was not himself in that fight, and if he had been it would have been a much different fight, and most likely outcome as well. I mean he kicked him in the face like 5 times, and Rampage was still awake. If he had been in fighting shape it would have been much different.

Now what? Not making excuses for Rampage or nothing he lost fair and square, and when you fight injured it's your own damn fault.

Discuss.[/quote']

Remember when he KTFO Lyoto Machida. I am not a Shogun fanboy and I am split on who will win the Shogun/Evans fight but you gotta give him credit for becoming the champ in such a stacked division.

Machida is a at the very least a top 4 LHW in the world and former PFP top 10 before Shogun took his belt. Also Machida KTFO Rashad Evans and in many people's eyes he beat Rampage.

How can you not be impressed by what he has done to Machida. I think he looked horrible against Coleman aswell but he has obvioiusly stepped up his game since then and is a different fighter.

Stop hugging his nuts. YES shogun was amazing in Pride' date=' NO he [b']has not performed well enough in the UFC to own the belt. The only relevent fighter he has beaten is Machida[/b].

This may be due to his grandpa knee's, but you can't deny that out of all the current champions his performances in the UFC have been the most lackluster. Lets hope he continues a first round knockout streak. I see Rashad humping him for 5 rounds though.

Machida was the champ so he is the only relevent fighter he needed to beat to deserve the belt. That comment makes no sense.

So does Edgar not deserve to have his belt since arguably his only relevent win was against BJ Penn.

Believe me I am not a Shogun fanboy and I think he could be in trouble in his next fight because I don't think he will be able to defend Rashad's takedowns but I hate plain stupid discrediting of fighters that makes no sense.

Machida was the champ so he is the only relevent fighter he needed to beat to deserve the belt. That comment makes no sense.

So does Edgar not deserve to have his belt since arguably his only relevent win was against BJ Penn.

Believe me I am not a Shogun fanboy and I think he could be in trouble in his next fight because I don't think he will be able to defend Rashad's takedowns but I hate plain stupid discrediting of fighters that makes no sense.

Edgar was 6-1 in the UFC when he received his title shot' date=' Shogun was 2-1 and 2-2 when he received his title shot[b']s[/b]... Big difference there.

The main thing I am wondering is, after a couple poor performances in the UFC (excuses aside), what makes Shogun fanboys so convinced that when Shogun fights Evans he isn't going to have a performance similar to the Griffin or Coleman fight?

Shogun is awesome' date=' but his fanboys annoy me with all this excuse nonsense. I am not debating them but a loss is a loss either way. So just to turn the tables I literally just watched Rampage vs Shogun in Pride, and Rampage was not himself in that fight, and if he had been it would have been a much different fight, and most likely outcome as well. I mean he kicked him in the face like 5 times, and Rampage was still awake. If he had been in fighting shape it would have been much different.

Now what? Not making excuses for Rampage or nothing he lost fair and square, and when you fight injured it's your own damn fault.[/quote']

Shogun took his knee and drove them into Page's midsection breaking his ribs

Shogun was the one who injuried Page

I'm just saying fanboys of Shogun always make excuses(maybe fanboys in general), but they make out like knobody can beat Shogun unless he is injured or sick. There may be something to what they say just like what the B.J. fanboys say, but a loss is a loss. It is a B.S. excuse no matter who it's for, and ayone can use it for almost any fight. Just like people are already saying Leben was sick when he fought Stann. It may be true, but it's a B.S. excuse.

wether shogun, silva, or anyone gets a free shot or a give me shot for the title it works out if they win it...if ppl got shots like that and were no contest to the champ is when its the problem.... i have no problem with shogun getting his shot he had a great fight with machida in the first fight that showed he deserved it and then he got the title

silva also one the belt as did brock whether you agree with it or not if you dont agree that they deserved it then to me you dont think the holder they beat deserved the belt... some guys you watch fight and say they are at the top of the league instantly...and if they werent they wouldnt have A gave a good fight to the champ or B won the belt

I'm just saying fanboys of Shogun always make excuses(maybe fanboys in general)' date=' but they make out like knobody can beat Shogun unless he is injured or sick. There may be something to what they say just like what the B.J. fanboys say, but a loss is a loss. It is a B.S. excuse no matter who it's for, and ayone can use it for almost any fight. Just like people are already saying Leben was sick when he fought Stann. It may be true, but it's a B.S. excuse.[/quote']

"fanboys in general"

You hit it right on the spot!

Also, curious, why no mention of Anderson's rib excuse?

And no one is saying Shogun is unbeatable. Posters like to make stuff up and run with it.

One Shogun hater says something then they all parrot it over and over like fact.

Shogun HAS four losses

Regarding Shogun's injury

Shogun was 16-2

Then had ONE loss to Griffen, and its clear to anyone that Shogun was severly hampered by injury in that performance

Was out for 18 months...Jee I wonder why?

STILL BEAT Coleman

improved exponential

Then has been pure awesome since or at least IMO

Bottom line, no one is excusing anything. Just telling it like it is.

Forrest deserves props. But at the same time i don't think its fair to judge Shogun soley on that performance, like a lot of people do.

The Forrest fight is ALWAYS used to DISCREDIT Shogun, even though Forrest one fight later became champ, so you should know very clearly why there are argumentats

But seriously I wonder how many wins it will take for the haters to forget?

Because Liddell and Machida were supposed to destroy Shogun.

Shogun proves everyone dead wrong.

Haters start bringing up the Griffin/Coleman fights even more in an attempt to discredit Shogun

And now Rashad is supposed to destroy Shogun

*sigh*

Because only a troll would think that wins vs Mark Coleman and Chuck Liddell at the end of their careers is less than impressive...

Coleman was an avenge fight..........and he didn't look too hot there either.

Made quick work of Liddell.

Definitely beat Machida in their first fight.

Obliterated him in the second.

So, he's beaten 3 previous champions............the most recent in dominatin fashion over a guy most nubs around here claimed was the greatest LHW on the planet.

Although it's been a fairly rough transition, his performances against Machida both times, and Liddell looked really good.

We're talking about the guy who was right behind Fedor in P4P talks for 4 years.........

If he's healthy, I don't see anyone in the division coming close to taking his belt. The biggest threat to him in the next year or two is Bones.

Coleman was an avenge fight..........and he didn't look too hot there either.

Made quick work of Liddell.

Definitely beat Machida in their first fight.

Obliterated him in the second.

So' date=' he's beaten 3 previous champions............the most recent in dominatin fashion over a guy most nubs around here claimed was the greatest LHW on the planet.

Although it's been a fairly rough transition, his performances against Machida both times, and Liddell looked really good.

We're talking about the guy who was right behind Fedor in P4P talks for 4 years.........

If he's healthy, I don't see anyone in the division coming close to taking his belt. The biggest threat to him in the next year or two is Bones.[/quote']

No doubt, healthy Shogun with proper cardio is a beast. There is no guarantee we will see that Shogun against Evans however, but you are right that he has performed well in his last 3 fights, certainly better than the 2 before that. Hopefully he comes in healthy with great cardio against Evans and destroys him, I am not convinced that this will happen at this point though.

Archived