Melvin Guillard slams back at Florian: "I would destroy Kenny Florian."

Emrig

Now that Guillard has his life together and he's not playing the "militant black guy" (no disrepect to any black guys I say the same about "militant white guys") fight fans will get to see him expand and grow as a fighter. He has a ton of potential and is a serious threat for title as long as he stays focused. Florian would lose this fight in spectacular fashion IMHO.

He sure turned into an arrogant **** pretty quickly. I'm not sure what the hell gives him the right to think he is so far superior to Kenny' date=' because he definitely isn't as far as I'm concerned. Kenny not deserving to fight him? Get real Melvin.[/quote']

Agreed with this. Kenny is highly deserving of the fight and Melvin should be honered to fight him.

I like Melvin but those are some harsh comments, I would think this would be a great fight for him as he has a serious power adv. over florian. But i'd still have my money on kenny as Melvin is inconsistent (spectacular stoppage of dunham, preceded by split decision over jeremy stephens, sam stout almost beat stephens for christ' sake!

Grrr Guillard >:|

In winning this fight Kenny Florian would beat the black off of Melvin.

With Melvins own elbows...

K-Flo would destroy anyone in this division now' date=' i think the loss the Gray is the best thing to happen to K-Flo and within 3-4 fights he will be the UFC LW champ[/quote']

lol melvins a **** hes always had a big mouth rich clementi shut him up kenny florian will shut him up too if he fights him imo florian would give melvin a run for his money on the feet and sub him on the ground

Lol at these comments. Wasn't everyone saying the same thing about Dunham, and then he got smashed. There's a lesson to be learned here!

I don't think Kenny is that special anyway. Plus he called out Melvin the other day in a major disrespectful way. I expected Melvin to fire back!

Lol at these comments. Wasn't everyone saying the same thing about Dunham' date=' and then he got smashed. There's a lesson to be learned here!

I don't think Kenny is that special anyway. Plus he called out Melvin the other day in a major disrespectful way. I expected Melvin to fire back![/quote']

At least Kenny is willing to back up what he says.

"If Melvin thinks he deserves a shot over me, he should fight me and beat me."

Unlike Guillard who thinks he gets to choose who deserves a shot at him...like fighting him is all of a sudden some great honor.

I don't think Melvin has fought anybody quite up to Florian's level. Kenny is a technical fighter, he wouldn't brawl with Melvin. Melvin couldn't even do anything to Nate Diaz in the stand up. I don't think he would have an advantage over Kenny on the feet either, well maybe in power and speed. Only one way to find out.

At least Kenny is willing to back up what he says.

"If Melvin thinks he deserves a shot over me' date=' he should fight me and beat me."

Unlike Guillard who thinks he gets to choose who deserves a shot at him...like fighting him is all of a sudden some great honor.[/quote']

At least Melvin is coming off a win. That usually gives you some leverage to choose your next opponent!

Kenny had the nerve to call out Pettis and say that Guida was a easy way to the title shot

How is Kenny calling out anyone when he's injured and coming off a loss, tel me that??

At least Melvin is coming off a win. That usually gives you some leverage to choose your next opponent!

Kenny had the nerve to call out Pettis and say that Guida was a easy way to the title shot

How is Kenny calling out anyone when he's injured and coming off a loss' date=' tel me that??[/quote']

Kenny can say pretty much anything about Guida though, he beat him devastatingly.

How is Kenny calling out anyone when he's injured and coming off a loss' date=' tel me that??[/quote']

After the beating Florian put on Guida, I'd say he can call him as easy as he wants. He lost to the guy who just took the champion to a draw and as for being injured, he is ready to return as early as May which would be perfect timing for setting up this fight.

After the beating Florian put on Guida' date=' I'd say he can call him as easy as he wants. He lost to the guy who just took the champion to a draw and as for being injured, he is ready to return as early as May which would be perfect timing for setting up this fight.[/quote']

Yup, thats pretty much what I think as well.

To be honest i agree with Melvin. Florian is a tought opponent but is coming off a loss and Guillard is coming off 4 consecutive wins, hes most likely intrested in fighting someone that will get him to the title faster not an oppenent who recently just fell down the ladder.

I don't think Melvin has fought anybody quite up to Florian's level. Kenny is a technical fighter' date=' he wouldn't brawl with Melvin. Melvin couldn't even do anything to Nate Diaz in the stand up. I don't think he would have an advantage over Kenny on the feet either, well maybe in power and speed. Only one way to find out.[/quote']

What? Guillard beat Diaz in stand up point blank period. You guys are talking about Kenny dropping elbows on Melvin but do you honestly think Kenny has the ability and strength to get Melvin on the ground?He had a hard enough time with a wrestler like Maynard. I don't think so. Kenny said something and Melvin fired back Guillard by TKO.

Archived