re: Guillard on Kenny and victory of Dunham

forgivemyhonesty

Guillard says he would destroy Kenny and that he beat Dunham who was higher ranked than Kenny... he says Kenny doesn't deserve a shot at him.

Now I don't think Guillard would be an easy fight for Kenny but let's consider this.

Evan Dunham as a derailed LW prospect:

Who has Evan Dunham beat? Per Eklund, Marcus Aurelio, Efrain Escudero and Tyson Griffin. 3 of those guys aren't in the UFC anymore and 1 is on a 3 fight losing streak in what Mike Goldberg politely calls a "storied career". His loss to Sean Sherk is unfortunate and maybe he should have won that, but let's face it... this isn't the same Sean Sherk of old. it's an old man with a laundry list of injuries who fought once last year. any "prospect" to the LW title should have dispatched Sherk handily. but Evan Dunham squeeked out a split decision loss.

Does it surprise me that an athletic and explosive young striker like Melvin knocked Dunham out? not in the least!

Now Melvin has an impressive list of victories on his record but Kenny's ONLY fights in the last 3 years have been title prospects in their prime (except Gomi) and his only losses EVER (save for Drew Fickett) have been to either LW title holders or LW title challengers (from the last 2 years). Even Drew beat him cause it was Kenny's 4th fight and Drew's 26th.

Kenny has literally only fought the best of the best in the division for the last 3 years running.

I don't feel good about a Kenny vs Guillard fight cause I think Guillard may be just too powerful... but where the hell does he get off saying Kenny doesn't deserve to fight him?

i hope Kenny RNC's this guy and sends him back down to fight Nik Lentz.

Gotta give Dunham his credit, he's been a great fighter and has a bright future. Just cause 3 of the guys he beat aren't in the UFC anymore doesn't mean he's crap. They were on a losing streak and he got them kicked out of the organisation by beating them again, he was just beating the gatekeepers to bring in new blood. That's how i picture it atleast.

First of all....where is the link with Guillard actually saying he would destroy Kenny?....second of all...I don't get how Dunham was such a major prospect, then he gets blasted by Guillard and all of a sudden we're talking about how Dunham hasn't fought anyone credible, blah, blah, blah....it's sickening...Dunham was scheduled to fight Florian and Guillard stepped in (in my opinion Dunham is Florian but a better version)...so what are we basically saying now? That Dunham had no place being matched up with Florian to begin with? Come on.....

First of all....where is the link with Guillard actually saying he would destroy Kenny?....second of all...I don't get how Dunham was such a major prospect' date=' then he gets blasted by Guillard and all of a sudden we're talking about how Dunham hasn't fought anyone credible, blah, blah, blah....it's sickening...Dunham was scheduled to fight Florian and Guillard stepped in (in my opinion Dunham is Florian but a better version)...so what are we basically saying now? That Dunham had no place being matched up with Florian to begin with? Come on.....[/quote']

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Melvin-Guillard-looking-past-Kenny-Florian,-wants-tougher-fight.html

"Truthfully, I would destroy Kenny Florian," Guillard said.

First of all....where is the link with Guillard actually saying he would destroy Kenny?....second of all...I don't get how Dunham was such a major prospect' date=' then he gets blasted by Guillard and all of a sudden we're talking about how Dunham hasn't fought anyone credible, blah, blah, blah....it's sickening...Dunham was scheduled to fight Florian and Guillard stepped in (in my opinion Dunham is Florian but a better version)...so what are we basically saying now? That Dunham had no place being matched up with Florian to begin with? Come on.....[/quote']

it's as easy as looking at their records.

what made Dunham so special? what made him such a hot prospect with guys like Jim Miller floating around? Guillard could be considered a bigger prospect than Dunham before they even got in the ring together.

Dunham has few impressive victories. period. Kenny has many impressive victories. so even though they were scheduled to be matched, i don't think Dunham would have beat either guy.

Archived