Which current UFC Champion do you have the most love for and why ?

MarcusVincentPaterson

please explain answers.

Shogun

Cain

GSP

Silva

Edgar

Aldo

Cruz

Shogun - kill or die attitude, crazy fight record, on form is a killing machine. Never trash talks, just shows up and kills.

Edgar - showed a lot orf heart. ive rooted for him since penn 1.

Cain - beat the monster so flying high. its more that i would like to see him v anyone than that i am a mad fan.

GSP - like the way he is the prime example of a MMA sports man. gameplan, cross training et al. asset to the UFC. if he had a killer attitude and hadnt tapped to strikes hed be higher.

Silva - not a big fan of some of his antics. true champ all the same and would get ranked higher in respect than in favour

Aldo - not enough known in UFC, lightweights and wrestlers should make things interesting

Cruz - not enough known in UFC. i respect his methods, but they arent my favourite style.

I chose GSP because he comes across as a good human being as well as an amazing fighter. The amount of effort he put into improving his english for the fans, and the way he finds his opponents weakness and exploits it.

I really never cared for GSP until i watched The Ultimate Fighter 12 and realized how down to earth he was.

Frank edgar, i mean dude went to fight bj while he was relatively unheard of, came out with the win went into a rematch and dominated him, then in his gray maynard fight he got dropped several times in the first but came back to score a draw and retain his title,

Dude has 2 title defenses and some people still think of him as the underdog

I voted GSP because he seems like a good person. Also because while he may not finish all his fights' date=' his fighting style is the smartest way to fight from my point of view.

Next would be Anderson Silva followed by Cain Velasquez.[/quote']

Yeah, you can tell he is a good person.

I've watched St-Pierre grow and evolve as a fighter and a person since the beginning. His record speaks for itself, and others have already commented on his conduct and remarkable integrity and personality.

For me, my appreciation is summed up in the first Penn fight. After taking a disabling, but accidental eye poke early in the round, St-Pierre withstood an onslaught of strikes from B.J. Penn, resulting in what could be more damage than he's sustained in his entire career. He could easily have folded, justifying himself with the eye-poke. But he didn't. He came back winning the next two rounds, the third arguably by one takedown, and showed the heart of a champion.

People ask me why I watch cage fighting? This is why. It's a forum for truth. Who has it and who doesn't and you won't know until you have to face it.

St-Pierre has it.

please explain answers.

Shogun

Cain

GSP

Silva

Edgar

Aldo

Cruz

Shogun - kill or die attitude' date=' crazy fight record, on form is a killing machine. Never trash talks, just shows up and kills.

?

I really don't get this. Shogun IS ALWAYS on form. Why wouldn't he be? In fact Shogun has been more consistent then Anderson lately(past 3 fights)

*uh*

your still trying to go at? Grow up troll !

So ONE loss while injuried means Shogun is hardly on form now???

Keep digging your hole you mental troll

And stop bringing up Griffen. If you want to talk about him. Go make a thread about him

I was just pointing out the fact that you said Shogun is ALWAYS on form.

Furthermore, you bring up Shogun in almost EVERY thread on this forum. Don't start running your mouth about me bringing up Griffin.

If you don't like it, then STFU about Shogun.

?

I really don't get this. Shogun IS ALWAYS on form. Why wouldn't he be? In fact Shogun has been more consistent then Anderson lately(past 3 fights)

hey...i gave him top of my list. i like him like i like fedor. he goes for the kill.

to a lesser extent i like bj penn as well when he is ''on form''. i dont want to get started on that one tho.

to those who said gsp , i do respect him a lot. the saddest thing about gsp from a fans point of view is we rarely see him fight, as he has usually already won via gameplan before he gets in the cage.

Cruz for me' date=' I know he is new to the UFC but its not like he has to be "ufc tested" as the UFC 135 guys are the same as they were before hand.

Was hard for me to choose, Cruz is really the only one of my favorite fighters who currently holds a belt.[/quote']

i take your point and obviously migration from light weight justifiably affects aldos weaker (ufc v world wide) closer weight division more than cruz's stronger (ufc v worldwide) division. it was good to see mitrione giving him some props the other night.

all of the champs right now are great champs that deserve to be where they are... but at the end of the day I'd have to give the small edge to Edgar, simply because he truly is an underdog in every fight he is in and is constantly proving the critics wrong... he's the champ because he wants it more than the other guy, and can always make up what he lacks in strength and size with speed, skill, and pure determination...

Cain - Showed skill and technique can beat brute strength and size

Shogun - Went for the KO in the rematch, showed he wanted the belt bad, very classy man

Anderson - Meh for me, don't mind if he loses or wins but this man is a beast nonetheless, P4P King

GSP - The best, avenged all losses, doesn't talk smack, classy, dominated everytime time inside the octagon

Frankie - True underdog, lot of heart, dethroned the LW king twice, he needs the respect he deserves

hey...i gave him top of my list. i like him like i like fedor. he goes for the kill.

to a lesser extent i like bj penn as well when he is ''on form''. i dont want to get started on that one tho.

to those who said gsp ' date=' i do respect him a lot. the saddest thing about gsp from a fans point of view is we rarely see him fight, as he has usually already won via gameplan before he gets in the cage.[/quote']

Shogun is more Gsp then BJ Penn in that regard

If Shogun has issues with being on form then so does Anderson......seeing as how both have 4 losses....and in fact Shogun has been more impressive and consistent then Anderson lately

If Shogun has issues with being on form then so does Anderson......seeing as how both have 4 losses....and in fact Shogun has been more impressive and consistent then Anderson lately

Using an outmoded term, designed to describe people who are mentally handicapped, to describe the casual comparison of two MMA fighters, demonstrates sub standard intelligence and is an indicator of gross general ignorance.

Shogun and BJ share a lot of traits and fans.

Itd be nice if you stopped slurping on the dark crevices of your missing father figure long enough to let other ppl have a ****in opinion.

Anderson lost because of inexperience and lack of a ground game. Also one of his losses, was a DQ.

Oh really? Is that why Anderson is 12-0, and Shogun is 3-2 in the UFC? Talk about being blind to the max.

Using an outmoded term' date=' designed to describe people who are mentally handicapped, to describe the casual comparison of two MMA fighters, demonstrates sub standard intelligence and is an indicator of gross general ignorance.

Shogun and BJ share a lot of traits and fans.

Itd be nice if you stopped slurping on the dark crevices of your missing father figure long enough to let other ppl have a ****in opinion.[/quote']

Comparing Shogun to BJ is complete and utter retardation.

They ARE nothing like.

Shogun is like Gsp then BJ when it comes to work ethic and performing

And comparing their "fans?" lol

In case you didnt know all top fighters have fans that make "excuses"

It would be nice if you weren't so content on a stupid comparison

Comparing Shogun to BJ is complete and utter retardation.

They ARE nothing like.

Shogun is like Gsp then BJ when it comes to work ethic

If Shogun has "on form" issues then so does Anderson...you know what.

And comparing their "fans?" lol

In case you didnt know all top fighters have fans that make "excuses"

It would be nice if you weren't so content on a stupid comparison

Anderson lost because of inexperience and lack of a ground game. Also one of his losses' date=' was a DQ.

Oh really? Is that why Anderson is 12-0, and Shogun is 3-2 in the UFC? Talk about being blind to the max.[/quote']

O.o

O.o

I don't want to get into a big argument with you.

But quickly.

Anderson's DQ loss was bull, but he knew the rules

At the same time Shogun's freak arm brake should have clearly been a no contest, but Shogun was unable to continue and was therefore declared with a loss

Its ALL unfortunate.

One of Shogun's losses also happen to be one of the most disputed UFC decisions in recent times.

Again, very unfortunate, but Shogun stayed gracious and humble and did the only thing he could do. Take away all the controversy and decisively win the rematch.

But bottom line is that they BOTH have 4 losses

The reason why i brought up Anderson is because he's usually always on form

But Shogun has been more impressive and consistent then Anderson the past three fights. And again like mentioned BOTH have FOUR losses.....bottom line....so who really has issues?

How can anyone even question Shogun giving his stellar history and the fact he came back to become undisputed UFC champion?

Watch the Nogueria and Overeem fights. Shogun was in serious trench wars and pulled off the wins through a sheer will/determination to win

All this recent talk of Shogun this and Shogun that is becoming utterly insane.

Half these idiots have probably only seen the Griffin/Coleman fights

Anderson and Shogun both have 4 losses and their losses are so similar.

I mean both have been submitted twice.

Both have a decision loss.

And their other loss was, I will say odd circumstances. Of course, Anderson lost by DQ and Shogun broke his arm and was unable to continue.

I just wanted to post that because I thought it was interesting.

Anderson and Shogun both have 4 losses and their losses are so similar.

I mean both have been submitted twice.

Both have a decision loss.

And their other loss was' date=' I will say odd circumstances. Of course, Anderson lost by DQ and Shogun broke his arm and was unable to continue.

I just wanted to post that because I thought it was interesting.[/quote']

I read that Shogun didn't tap against Babalu and the ref stopped it. IMO, the legit loss Shogun has is against Forrest

Archived