Do we really want Shields to win? There are reasons not to...

Jamhet

Everybody obviously wants Shields to beat the crap out of Safe Pierre. But at the same time, we all wanna see GSP finally move up to MW, instead of seeing him fight guys he already fought at WW (like Kos, Fitch, etc.).

But what happens if he loses to Shields? Which is very probable.

I'm sure he won't move up, because he will want to avenge the loss, so he will stay in WW, fight someone he already beat to get the title shot. Boring. And then he may lose to Shields again. Shields will beat GSP in 9 out of 10 times. We all know it, right.

So losing to Shields may result in GSP staying in WW for even a year more (or longer). Whereas is he beats him, then he will obviously have cleared up the division and will move up.

I want GSP to fight Silva, badly. So... man, it will be tough rooting for Shields.

If he loses he may retire.

Why?

Shields came VERY close to losing against Mayhem' date=' Hendo, and Kampmann. No way he beats GSP.[/quote']

This...

i know there is tons of hate for GSP. but he is going to crush Shields.

it will be like Kos/GSP 2

jab jab jab jab' date=' winner by UD, GeorgeS. Pierre[/quote']

...and this.

Shields has his ups though. Against Hendo he wasnt afraid to trade with him. Once he figured out that was a horrible idea than he resorted to his LnP. Another thing about shields i like more than GSP is that Shields is actually man enough to go up to 185 not sit at 170 and recycle through all his old opponents 4 times

Everybody obviously wants Shields to beat the crap out of Safe Pierre. But at the same time' date=' we all wanna see GSP finally move up to MW, instead of seeing him fight guys he already fought at WW (like Kos, Fitch, etc.).

I'm sure he won't move up, because he will want to avenge the loss, so he will stay in WW, fight someone he already beat to get the title shot. Boring. And then he may lose to Shields again. Shields will beat GSP in 9 out of 10 times. We all know it, right.

So losing to Shields may result in GSP staying in WW for even a year more (or longer). Whereas is he beats him, then he will obviously have cleared up the division and will move up.

I want GSP to fight Silva, badly. So... man, it will be tough rooting for Shields.[/quote']

He would deserve an instant rematch,but we all know he won't lose.I will account bet you on this.

Another thing about shields i like more than GSP is that Shields is actually man enough to go up to 185 not sit at 170 and recycle through all his old opponents 4 times
+10000000000000000

Shields came VERY close to losing against Mayhem' date=' Hendo, and Kampmann. No way he beats GSP.[/quote']

And he may come very close to losing against GSP. But he will win.

He was more at risk of losing from Hendo's right hand than he will be from GSP's jabs. Come on.

Shields has his ups though. Against Hendo he wasnt afraid to trade with him. Once he figured out that was a horrible idea than he resorted to his LnP. Another thing about shields i like more than GSP is that Shields is actually man enough to go up to 185 not sit at 170 and recycle through all his old opponents 4 times

ya but in the long run, Georges will be healthier after he retires. It's not good for your body to go up and down..

so who's the real winner?

ya but in the long run' date=' Georges will be healthier after he retires. It's not good for your body to go up and down..

so who's the real winner?[/quote']

Oh, but didn't you get the memo? GSP HAS to DELIBERATELY jeopardize his post MMA career life for JHenry's enjoyment LoL

Lol GSP's wrestling is 100000x better than Shields'. Shields only advantage is on the ground, but he will never get it there unless GSP takes it there.

Shields is no threat standing up, literrallty the guy has pillows taped to his fists or something because he can't hurt anyone. GSP is just going to make mince of him in the standup and all you nerds will be complaining that he is boring for fighting a smart fight.

Everybody obviously wants Shields to beat the crap out of Safe Pierre. But at the same time' date=' we all wanna see GSP finally move up to MW, instead of seeing him fight guys he already fought at WW (like Kos, Fitch, etc.).

I want GSP to fight Silva, badly. So... man, it will be tough rooting for Shields.[/quote']

I honnestly believe that no matter how fast Shields would beat GSP his fame and his recent dominance would grant him an instant rematch..

But anyways I think it's certainly better for everyone if he moves up.. After Shields he's gonna be bound to fight the same guys again and again and this is getting stupid. And I don't think it's good for his carreer anyways...

I mean.. losing to someone you never fought is one thing.. But losing to someone you fought in the past is bad.. It's like if it would take away this win that you had against him. Like.. in the end, who's the best, it's the one who got the most recent win.. That's how things were the last time they were measured.. So I really don't see any point in fighting guys that you already fought except if it was a close war. In GSP's case most of his wins were 1 sided and he's got nothing to gain in fighting these guys again.. So let him move up, that'll be huge for his own carreer, and it'll set the WW division on fire.

Archived