Jon Jones Elbows - Scariest Thing Out There

TransitionGame

Admittedly odd comment. Just watched his highlight reel - those elbows especially when he mounts are scary. Before he got DQ'd (thought fight should have stopped earlier) it was sick what he was doing to his head. I definitely more like the strategy of mma but I am not squeemish in general with striking. But man - almost seems wrong when he is going off with elbows. So fast, brutal and cutting. When you see Vera facial expression after wears the elbow to his eye socket. Sick.

Throw it out there - you guys think anybody out there that is doing so much scary damage? (Aldo's leg kicks are a scary second)

Rampages punch to the Jaw! You ever see him on fight science?

Yeah he has crazy power - but knockouts - Liddell, Rampage, Carwin, JDS - very impressive but not so scary(to me). Just go by by, lights out. Those elbows raining down and cutting, breaking sockets and the repetition seem a different category. Maybe I have been exposed to boxing too much - Tyson and Frazier seemed to have the corner on that market.

Jon Jones is definitely the man with elbows' date=' who remembers the beauty he landed on Bonnar?[/quote']

Yeah and Bonnar is not shrinking violet - it was unreal what was getting unleashed on him. I just would not want to be mounted by Jones and feel the elbows and they aint gonna stop unless you tap, go out or ref steps in. And still your head splits open.

Yeah and Bonnar is not shrinking violet - it was unreal what was getting unleashed on him. I just would not want to be mounted by Jones and feel the elbows and they aint gonna stop unless you tap' date=' go out or ref steps in. And still your head splits open.[/quote']

When I saw that fight I was instantly a fan on Jones, he proves that a fight doesn't have to be a brawl to be exciting, his throws and suplexes are also things of beauty.

When I saw that fight I was instantly a fan on Jones' date=' he proves that a fight doesn't have to be a brawl to be exciting, his throws and suplexes are also things of beauty.[/quote']

Yeah it was so odd what he was pulling off. Real breath of fresh air. And not playing it safe and trying to win as in take out the opponent. Next fight with a tough, top notch wrestler is going to a test for him. Really excited about that one. Like them both (unfortunately). Picking Jones by you guessed it - elbows.

Yeah it was so odd what he was pulling off. Real breath of fresh air. And not playing it safe and trying to win as in take out the opponent. Next fight with a tough' date=' top notch wrestler is going to a test for him. Really excited about that one. Like them both (unfortunately). Picking Jones by you guessed it - elbows.[/quote']

I know, and he really looks like he is having fun in there, in turn he's fun to watch. I also have Jones in this fight, Bader hasn't looked bad but Jones has looked unstoppable.

I know' date=' and he really looks like he is having fun in there, in turn he's fun to watch. I also have Jones in this fight, Bader hasn't looked bad but Jones has looked unstoppable.[/quote']

First time I though of an MMA fight like Jordan having fun in his prime. Jones is like watching an old Bruce Lee movie - almost choreographed - but better in that is in the heat of real battle.

didnt read any previous posts cause im drunk and just dont care to, but WHO exactly has jones beat that r even WORTH mentioning? oh ya nobody. i am not a hater and i dont doubt or question his abilities but he has never been truly tested by somone that excels at even ONE dimension of MMA. he very well may beat bader but i see him either getting KO'd brutally by a left or right while attempting his B.S. or getting taken down at will and out pointed. again im not counting him out but even GSP who has COUNTLESS abilities realises sometimes its smarter to utilize one dimension of MMA to beat somone as opposed to use crazy **** to suprise them." and im not a fan of GSP but he is a smart fighter"

didnt read any previous posts cause im drunk and just dont care to' date=' but WHO exactly has jones beat that r even WORTH mentioning? oh ya nobody. i am not a hater and i dont doubt or question his abilities but he has never been truly tested by somone that excels at even ONE dimension of MMA. he very well may beat bader but i see him either getting KO'd brutally by a left or right while attempting his B.S. or getting taken down at will and out pointed. again im not counting him out but even GSP who has COUNTLESS abilities realises sometimes its smarter to utilize one dimension of MMA to beat somone as opposed to use crazy **** to suprise them." and im not a fan of GSP but he is a smart fighter"[/quote']

Yeah give his up and comer status, think everyone agrees he has not faced the top yet. But those elbows are still scary and he has his unusual throw and general athleticism. But as he matures, still young, hopefully he borrows a page from GSP and throws in more tools in his game. But man those elbows are scary especially when he mounts.

Yeah give his up and comer status' date=' think everyone agrees he has not faced the top yet. But those elbows are still scary and he has his unusual throw and general athleticism. But as he matures, still young, hopefully he borrows a page from GSP and throws in more tools in his game. But man those elbows are scary especially when he mounts.[/quote']

for sure, he BROKE veras face with them. nobody can deny he has some of the most effective elbows in the game not just spinning back elbows, but yes i believe he needs to realize there is much more than elbows to utilize to become the best and you CANNOT expect the same thing to be effective enough to win every fight. i never hate on or count out any fighter because this is MMA and anything can happen, but alot of fighters rely to much on certain things then they go on to say " idk what happened, i was so sure id win that fight"

Jones will be a LHW champ one day. He will demolish Bader and I'll AV bet anyone on that. I do however, and this is gonna sound weird, wanna see him take a punch. I want to know who good his chin is, maybe after he beats Bader they'll give him a well rounded striker or the champ and then we'll see how he does. But until then I think Bones elbows, kicks, and wrestling are as beastly as they come.

Bader will win

he has fought tougher comp and he always gets counted out because he isn't flashy or in my opinion (black)

Yes watching Jones doing the german suplex and a few to Bonnar was pretty cool but not enough for me to say "JBJ will smash anyone"

Only sippin the JBJ Kool-Aid

Aint drinking it yet

Though if he does "destroy" Bader then we all will get to see him fight a Top 5 opponent either

Shogun

Rashad

Rampage

Machida

T.Silva

Great fights up ahead for JBJ!!

for sure' date=' he BROKE veras face with them. nobody can deny he has some of the most effective elbows in the game not just spinning back elbows, but yes i believe he needs to realize there is much more than elbows to utilize to become the best and you CANNOT expect the same thing to be effective enough to win every fight. i never hate on or count out any fighter because this is MMA and anything can happen, but alot of fighters rely to much on certain things then they go on to say " idk what happened, i was so sure id win that fight"[/quote']

Yeah he can get more well rounded for sure - he is young and he DOES have strikes, GNP and take downs - not too shabby.

But on this thread - those elbows coming crashing down repeatedly and damage done - what is scarier out there right?

Jones will be a LHW champ one day. He will demolish Bader and I'll AV bet anyone on that. I do however' date=' and this is gonna sound weird, wanna see him take a punch. I want to know who good his chin is, maybe after he beats Bader they'll give him a well rounded striker or the champ and then we'll see how he does. But until then I think Bones elbows, kicks, and wrestling are as beastly as they come.[/quote']

In terms of testing - yeah he needs to see striker and he needs to see a top level wrestler (getting that in next fight) and he needs to be exposed to sick submissions where every elbow he throws down could be another fedor/werdum moment.

Archived