Why do people think mentioning Shogun's knees take away from him as a fighter?

Hammer_Down

Its very difficult to be the best in the world at what you do and its even more difficult when your body wont cooperate and you always have to take your physical health into consideration when training. Yes its unforunate his injury clogs up the division, but the ability to battle through a nagging injury while accomplishing everything else it takes to get to the top is the mark of a true champion. So if your best comeback to Shogun fans is just "Shogun's knees"... something that isn't his fault and im sure he wishes every day he could go back and change, its pretty obvious you dont have a whole lot of rational reasons to hate the guy. I mean come on, he remembered to thank all the moms for Mother's Day when he won the belt.

I only talk about his knees because whenever he looses it is because he had knee surgery. It is never because he was outclassed or was under prepared for one aspect of a fight. It is because he had knee surgery like 6 months before the fight.

Do you know anything about fighting or Knee surgery??

I don't think so westie

I don't think so westie

So what. It is Shogun's job to fight. If he chooses to fight any injuries he might have shouldn't matter. He though he was healthy enough too fight. Every fighter fights with injuries. Why the **** is shogun so special that when he looses it is because of an injury?

Everytime you discredit a fighter you discredit the sport.

Seriously... Tracy McGrady and Daunte Culpepper. Ever heard of them? Severe knee injuries mess you up and a bum knee is a hard thing to recover from. Maybe he would've lost the fights he lost if he had been healthy its too hard to tell but to think his knees were a non-factor in his performance against Griffin and Coleman is just plain stupid.

Seriously... Tracy McGrady and Daunte Culpepper. Ever heard of them? Severe knee injuries mess you up and a bum knee is a hard thing to recover from. Maybe he would've lost the fights he lost if he had been healthy its too hard to tell but to think his knees were a non-factor in his performance against Griffin and Coleman is just plain stupid.

He would have smashed Griffen and Coleman had he been healthy but he wasn't and as his knee was injured again its just something that comes with the package with Shogun. Guess we will have to see how it effects his fight with Rashad. Normally I would say Shogun smashed Rashad but who knows now.

they bring up his knees cuz 1. they cant find anything else to bring up cuz hes that good. 2. cuz most of them have no idea how hard it is to do anything let along fight cuz they have never had an knee injury like that...for real that injury is no joke.

actually its ShoBUM fans that bring up the knees as a reason to him losing and looking terrible against Coleman.

I don't think so westie

What part of his knee? If it was an MCL, PCL, ACL he shouldn't have been fighting but it doesn't mean he couldn't properly prepare. I have had ACL/MCLsurgery, and played hockey 7months later. It isn't as impossible as it seems but he would under perform a slight amount.

So what. It is Shogun's job to fight. If he chooses to fight any injuries he might have shouldn't matter. He though he was healthy enough too fight. Every fighter fights with injuries. Why the **** is shogun so special that when he looses it is because of an injury?

Everytime you discredit a fighter you discredit the sport.

Pot meet Kettle

What part of his knee? If it was an MCL' date=' PCL, ACL he shouldn't have been fighting but it doesn't mean he couldn't properly prepare. I have had ACL/MCLsurgery, [b']and played hockey 7months later[/b]. It isn't as impossible as it seems but he would under perform a slight amount.

lmao.. ok

Haters hate. To win the Pride GP 2005 at 24 years old is near impossible but Shogun did it. He's a beast and people who say Machida is a can seem to have forgotten that Machida knocked out Rashad Evans and Thiago Silva to get to win the belt.

And for seem reason everybody seems to ride Rashad's d*ck like he's the best fighter ever. Shogun is amazing and if he loses to Forrest and almost to Coleman that MUST mean that something was wrong.

Haters hate. To win the Pride GP 2005 at 24 years old is near impossible but Shogun did it. He's a beast and people who say Machida is a can seem to have forgotten that Machida knocked out Rashad Evans and Thiago Silva to get to win the belt.

And for seem reason everybody seems to ride Rashad's d*ck like he's the best fighter ever. Shogun is amazing and if he loses to Forrest and almost to Coleman that MUST mean that something was wrong.

Shogun was actually 23!

I'm surprised more Shogun fans don't cry about the Sobral loss.

Probably cause they never even seen the fight LMAO. This leads me to somewhat believe they haven't seen a whole mess of his fights' date=' only a select few.[/quote']

lol, Babalu is a legend... That is why

and the better man won on the night

Also, since Forrest, Shogun has BRUTALLY FINISHED every opponent he's had, including the untouchable and elusive Machida(Coleman,Liddell,Machida)

Shogun evolved and improved exponentially...on top of recovering from sever injury.....

He never made any excuses and continued to work hard to get to this point.

How in the world does he still get so much hate?!

I don't know what it is?

Its ludacriss

Also' date=' since Forrest, Shogun has BRUTALLY FINISHED every opponent he's had, including the untouchable and elusive Machida(Coleman,Liddell,Machida)

Since 2007-2008 Shogun has evolved and improved exponentially...on top of recovering from sever injury.....

He never made any excuse and continued to work hard to get to this point.

How in the world does he still get so much hate?!

I don't know what it is?

This is crazy-ness[/quote']

It is his fans they hate...

And his haters should stop talking about his knees and bringing them up as an advantage for Rashad!

Saint Rua can only hope...but alas he may have to demonstrate the folly of there ways by delivering the hand of God again to the under privileged fans of Rashad like Saint The Dragon Slayer Rua did to Machida...it reminds me of the movie Dune with Paul...dont you agree sub zero?...lol

well every time a knee cracks, it heals. and once it heals it becomes stronger, so if anything shogun will have destructor knees that will pat barry the **** out of rashad's legs, taking away his takedowns and getting him ktfo'd!

did it ever come to anyones mind that shogun trains really hard and breaks his knee in the process of tearing down buildings with his kicks?

Why do people think Shogun's injuries take away from him as a fighter?

It's simple really...

They're haters.

If you look at Shoguns performances after a knee surgery' date=' they are normally under par for how good Shogun is. Shogun has also had i think 3 knee surgeries and he is under 30, this doesn't look good for him in the long run. So his knee's affect his performances and could shorten his career.

well every time a knee cracks, it heals. and once it heals it becomes stronger, so if anything shogun will have destructor knees that will pat barry the **** out of rashad's legs, taking away his takedowns and getting him ktfo'd!

did it ever come to anyones mind that shogun trains really hard and breaks his knee in the process of tearing down buildings with his kicks?

Shame Shoguns knee isn't broken, so it doesn't become stronger lol.

Archived