either dunham should be or machida shouldnt be..

TheHorror

..on the chopping block. Many including DW himself have said that Machida is in a must win situation. Well if that's so why is nobody saying the same of Dunham? Both are coming of two straight losses, one via 1st round KO and one via controversial decision. Not to mention, Machida has fought only the best in a division that doesn't lack any talent, but where there a few "middle of the road fighters", meaning either you're good, or you're not. Evan Dunham for some reason though, is still being thought of as a top-ish fighter in one of the most filled divisions, that in the near future will be thinned out due to the influx of WEC LWs. In all reality it makes more sense for Dunham to be on the chopping block, but IMO if Machida is facing a cut with his next loss so should dunham, while if dunham is aloud to stay with one more loss, machida should too.

i dont believe machida will actually be cut "and i think DW would be stupid to cut him" just out of title contention. Also dana said himself he believes evan beat sherk so he and the UFC were treating him as he was undefeated until he lost to melvin, so in his and the UFC's eyes he has 1 loss, and in hiss eyes machida lost to shogun the first time so in DW eyes thats 3 losses. as dana may have to adhere to the judges decisions but that doesnt mean he agrees or acts in favor of them.

i dont believe machida will actually be cut "and i think DW would be stupid to cut him" just out of title contention. Also dana said himself he believes evan beat sherk so he and the UFC were treating him as he was undefeated until he lost to melvin' date=' so in his and the UFC's eyes he has 1 loss, and in hiss eyes machida lost to shogun the first time so in DW eyes thats 3 losses. as dana may have to adhere to the judges decisions but that doesnt mean he agrees or acts in favor of them.[/quote']

ur right, but i think if he loses to randy, they will give him a mid to low level fighter, and if he loses to them then hes out, but i dont think they will cut him if he loses to randy.. IMO

randy is one of my top 5 favs ever for not only what hes done but at what age he did it at, he refuses to let his age determine his ability in the octagon. BUT in reality couture is coming to an end very soon, you can only defy mother nature for so long, his age WILL catch up to him to the point were he is forced to retire "for good", and that will be a SAD day for all true fans, but its an unavoidable fact. Im not even sure hell lose to machida because u cant ever count him out but machida has a much bigger oppurtunity to acomplish things in the future, so itd be a shame to see him lose the oppurtunity to realize that although he IS one if not the best counterstriker that he needs to be agressive and then hed dominate. I like randy more but machida has more of a potential future in the division.

randy is one of my top 5 favs ever for not only what hes done but at what age he did it at' date=' [b']he refuses to let his age determine his ability in the octagon.[/b] BUT in reality couture is coming to an end very soon, you can only defy mother nature for so long, his age WILL catch up to him to the point were he is forced to retire "for good", and that will be a SAD day for all true fans, but its an unavoidable fact. Im not even sure hell lose to machida because u cant ever count him out but machida has a much bigger oppurtunity to acomplish things in the future, so itd be a shame to see him lose the oppurtunity to realize that although he IS one if not the best counterstriker that he needs to be agressive and then hed dominate. ^I like randy more but machida has more of a potential future in the division^.

Couture will retire his grand child in the octagon regardless of his age :)

this^

Archived