Special Needs children.

Shady_Champ

Inspired by KFM revealing that his daughter is a special needs child.

I was thinking about it and man if my daughter was born SN I I would have lost it for a while. But I started thinking about it a little more, and I bet he loves and connects with his daughter a lot more than I do. Not saying I don't love my daughter and I wouldn't do anything for her because I would. But to have a child that needs that much more attention requires you to spend more time with them and feel even closer because they need you that much more. So in a way KFM you're lucky because you have a bond with your daughter that most will never have with their "regular" kids. This is by no means a knock on your little girl. Just pointing out a bright side of the situation that I thought of. I'm sure that even if your child is SN she is the most beautiful thing in the world.

And I also will make a plea to the rest of the forum to ease up on the "special" insults and pics. And I give KFM mad props for not exploding on people when they do.

And just a quick question for you KFM. You said "1" of your daughters is a special needs child. Do you feel more of a connection with her than your others?

I was thinking about it and man if my daughter was born SN I I would have lost it for a while. But I started thinking about it a little more' date=' and I bet he loves and connects with his daughter a lot more than I do. Not saying I don't love my daughter and I wouldn't do anything for her because I would. But to have a child that needs that much more attention requires you to spend more time with them and feel even closer because they need you that much more. So in a way KFM you're lucky because you have a bond with your daughter that most will never have with their "regular" kids. This is by no means a knock on your little girl. Just pointing out a bright side of the situation that I thought of. I'm sure that even if your child is SN she is the most beautiful thing in the world.

[b']And I also will make a plea to the rest of the forum to easy up on the "special" insults and pics.[/b] And I give KFM mad props for not exploding on people when they do.

And just a quick question for you KFM. You said "1" of your daughters is a special needs child. Do you feel more of a connection with her than your others?

My grandmother is "special needs".

I connect with her more than with "normal" people -- not because she's "special needs", but because she cares about others, while others seem to only want to run over others to get what they want. Not sure if that's because she's "special needs" or not.

I was thinking about it and man if my daughter was born SN I I would have lost it for a while. But I started thinking about it a little more' date=' and I bet he loves and connects with his daughter a lot more than I do. Not saying I don't love my daughter and I wouldn't do anything for her because I would. But to have a child that needs that much more attention requires you to spend more time with them and feel even closer because they need you that much more. So in a way KFM you're lucky because you have a bond with your daughter that most will never have with their "regular" kids. This is by no means a knock on your little girl. Just pointing out a bright side of the situation that I thought of. I'm sure that even if your child is SN she is the most beautiful thing in the world.

And I also will make a plea to the rest of the forum to ease up on the "special" insults and pics. And I give KFM mad props for not exploding on people when they do.

And just a quick question for you KFM. You said "1" of your daughters is a special needs child. Do you feel more of a connection with her than your others?[/quote']

This is kinda personal should have been PM'd. Cannt tell if you were being sincere or a ****.

Thank you, Shady, for spreading this information on the world-wide web. :)

I am following the typical patterns of what most parents would do and feel.

My wife and I love both our kids equally. As a parent, I cannot say I love one more than the other, even if I do. I do spend more time with my 4 year old daughter who needs special care - more so than I do with my eldest daughter who is going to be 7 soon- who is completely independent now(as she claims to be).

My bonds with each of my child is different because one requires different things from the other. My eldest daughter likes to go places with my wife but she clings to me when we all go out together - and that is because she knows I know how to have fun. My youngest daughter looks to me for comfort and protection. She is too big for my wife to carry and so I do most of the carrying. She can walk and she can do a half fast run, but I end up carrying her most of the time when we go places as a family(she does not like to sit in the stroller).

But to sort of answer your question, Shady, when you have a special needs child, your anxiety eventually turns into the greatest love of all, if and after you except your child for who they are. But until then, many families tend to fall apart.

Thank you' date=' Shady, for spreading this information on the world-wide web. :)

My wife and I love both our kids equally. As a parent, I cannot say I love one more than the other, even if I do. I do spend more time with my 4 year old daughter who needs special care - more so than I do with my eldest daughter who is going to be 7 soon- who is completely independent now(as she claims to be).

My bonds with each of my child is different because one requires different things from the other. My eldest daughter likes to go places with my wife but she clings to me when we all go out together - and that is because she knows I know how to have fun. My youngest daughter looks to me for comfort and protection. She is too big for my wife to carry and so I do most of the carrying. She can walk and she can do a half fast run, but I end up carrying her most of the time when we go places as a family(she does not like to sit in the stroller).

But to sort of answer your question, Shady, [b']when you have a special needs child, your anxiety eventually turns into the greatest love of all, if and after you except your child for who they are[/b]. But until then, many families tend to fall apart.

Hey, you posted it in a thread. I would never just up n post something like that. I get what you're saying tho. Each bond is different with each child.. I only have 1 child so I guess in that sense I'm lucky to not have to divide my attention. Thanks for the honest feed back, and once again props to you. If you'd like I'll pm a mod and ask them to delete this thread.

Thank you' date=' Shady, for spreading this information on the world-wide web. :)

But to sort of answer your question, Shady, [b']when you have a special needs child, your anxiety eventually turns into the greatest love of all, if and after you except your child for who they are[/b]. But until then, many families tend to fall apart.

Much respect to you KFM, I'm sure you're a great father.

Archived