Audio Nuts Thread with Pics!!!

NickTF

After discussion with 150dbXfitter I think it's time to start up a thread about home and car audio. I want to see examples of your crazy home and car audio systems so lets get this thing started. I'll start with my home:

Components:

Pioneer THX Select 2 7.1 Reciever with mic for self adjusting delays, eq, speaker levels, etc.

PS3

Velodyne SMS-1 Subwoofer Control Unit with Crossover and Microphone input for flattening and blending with mains

QSC PLX 3602 3600 watt Pro Audio Amp for Subwoofer (subs see about 2600ish watts due to impedence)

Epson 8350 1080P Projector

Custom Modified Universal Ceiling Mount (droped 48" and mount ears welded by me)

Da-Lite High Power 2.8 Gain Screen Material mounted over custom DIY frame I created, 106" diagonal 16:9 ratio

Speakers:

Two Def Tech BP30 Bipolar Towers

BIC Center Channel

Bose 301 main surrounds

Pioner floor standing speakers with Eminance replacement woofer for Surrounds

Goal is to eventually have all Def Tech speakers

Subwoofer:

Infinite Baffle Subwoofer constructed after much discussion on the IB Cult and AVS Forum including 4 18" Fi Audio IB woofers with 30mm xmax one way placed in two seperate manifolds, all placed my my homes conditioned crawlspace (crawlspace is same temp as the interior of my home, one of the home's energy star features)

New Screen with projector mount and old Pany Ax200 projector sold on Ebay!

screen1.jpg

Subwoofers from the crawlspace.

FinishedIBPics015.jpg

Subwoofers from the room with old hang down screen (for sale, Da Lite Model C)

FinishedIBPics008.jpg

Picture of seating position when I had projector shelf mounted. Forgive the tacky bowl of cash, had a superbowl party and those were bets left over. Further, have a Harmony One universal remote to control all this foolishness now instead of taking taking literaly a minute or two to turn on everything.

FinishedIBPics005.jpg

This should get this thread started lets hear about and see what ya got!!!

I'm a car audio purist; I am not one for T.V.s and things like that in my own ride. I do not roll through neighborhoods shaking windows (that stuff is for clowns) but it does get as loud as any concert and sounds just as clear. I get +150db on actual music. This is my truck and it is about to be under construction again, but here it is as of now.

Full component list:

Batteries: Powermaster D3100(x2) and a D2400

Alternator: Iraggi Dominantor 300/125 amp

HU: Pioneer (soon to be replaced by an Alpine)

Processing: AudioControl DQXS, Epicenter and Matrix(x2) (all soon to be replaced by a RF 360.3) no passive filtering

Components and staging: Oxygen Audio A38 three way sets(x4), 6.5 midrange drivers(x4) and tweeters(x4)... yes 20 speakers

Subs: 2 18" Sundown NS v.1 motors with v.2 cones and coils (goos for about 3k a piece daily)

Amps: Sundown 100.4D(x2) and 3000D(x2)

Wiring: All KnuKonceptz and alot of of it

F-150006.jpg

SNC00036.jpg

SNC00039.jpg

TheInstall014.jpg

My cousin has the FL state record for 2 12's. He has 2 JBL's and he wins all the competitions around the state. His set up is loud as ****. Don't ask me anymore because I don't know.

I'd believe it. Just about anything that is done with Big Boi Speaks can be done with the Lil Bros. My business partner uses 2 10"s or 1 12" (depending on the comp)in his burper and is way louder than I am.

After discussion with 150dbXfitter I think it's time to start up a thread about home and car audio. I want to see examples of your crazy home and car audio systems so lets get this thing started. I'll start with my home:

Components:

Pioneer THX Select 2 7.1 Reciever with mic for self adjusting delays' date=' eq, speaker levels, etc.

PS3

Velodyne SMS-1 Subwoofer Control Unit with Crossover and Microphone input for flattening and blending with mains

QSC PLX 3602 3600 watt Pro Audio Amp for Subwoofer (subs see about 2600ish watts due to impedence)

Epson 8350 1080P Projector

Custom Modified Universal Ceiling Mount (droped 48" and mount ears welded by me)

Da-Lite High Power 2.8 Gain Screen Material mounted over custom DIY frame I created, 106" diagonal 16:9 ratio

Speakers:

Two Def Tech BP30 Bipolar Towers

BIC Center Channel

Bose 301 main surrounds

Pioner floor standing speakers with Eminance replacement woofer for Surrounds

Goal is to eventually have all Def Tech speakers

Subwoofer:

Infinite Baffle Subwoofer constructed after much discussion on the IB Cult and AVS Forum including 4 18" Fi Audio IB woofers with 30mm xmax one way placed in two seperate manifolds, all placed my my homes conditioned crawlspace (crawlspace is same temp as the interior of my home, one of the home's energy star features)

New Screen with projector mount and old Pany Ax200 projector sold on Ebay!

[img']http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i136/SUPRSLO/screen1.jpg[/img]

Subwoofers from the crawlspace.

FinishedIBPics015.jpg

Subwoofers from the room with old hang down screen (for sale, Da Lite Model C)

FinishedIBPics008.jpg

Picture of seating position when I had projector shelf mounted. Forgive the tacky bowl of cash, had a superbowl party and those were bets left over. Further, have a Harmony One universal remote to control all this foolishness now instead of taking taking literaly a minute or two to turn on everything.

FinishedIBPics005.jpg

This should get this thread started lets hear about and see what ya got!!!

Very nice :-)

alright, my webcam is a five year old total piece of crap but im an audio enthusiast myself. Right now i am pretty much rocking two entire car setups in my house

ill try to explain what these pictures are i just took, as my $5 webcam i got way back when is no longer cutting it. I apologize for producing these absolutely horrible images, but my webcam is the only means of capturing such a lovely work of art i have created, and then turning it to ****!

Picture 1 - on the top i built a custom box to house two jensen 3-way coaxial speakers, and on the bottom are two 8" Rampage subwoofers in ported boxes. They have alot of punch for being so small!

Picture 2 - this one is terrible. its too dark over there to make out anything, but basically a 15 inch no-name woofer, a 230 watt Phillips hi-fi amplifier with two mini-tower woofers and tweeters, a self powered intertan speaker with a built in amplifier

Picture 3 - this right here is the bulk of my system. on the top is a L&C Technology 1000 watt computer power supply that is running my 600 watt RMS Kenwood car amplifier set up with remote bass control, the car amplifier in the middle, A Realistic equalizer to the left, wireless turtle beach headphones set up to the right, and underneath the car amplifier is an 800 watt Pioneer 5 channel home amplifier.

Picture 4 - Oh yeah, and the boom I am rocking. two 12 inch Phoenix Gold Tantrum's - 600 watt RMS and a nice big heavy custom box for them. These were pretty much the last line of the top end Phoenix Gold woofers before they got bought out by MTX Audio. Been rocking them for a few years and they are pretty much indestructable

still have a bunch of tweeters kicking around, and two more tower speakers kicking around in the garage, Right now though im kind of happy with the stuff i have. My PG's deliver the house shaking bass, the coaxials and tweeters are great for higher stuff, while i get alot of mid range out of the rest of my stuff.

Its not so bad. I used to run a rockford fosgate car amplifier on the side but i sold that along with a piece of crap Sony Xplod sub, and a prestige mp3 car stereo which i powered with a car battery charger! I kind of miss that amp the most, but i dont as it put out so much power i blown two different sets of 12" JL Audio Subs with it in only a month!

used to be a big audiophile and collect a whole lot of stuff. I no longer have sufficient room to accomodate even half of what i had at one time. But im still happy what i have managed to hold onto, despite blowing alot of woofers and selling the rest that i didn't.

apologies for the terrible pictures. they really arent even worth looking at so i tried to just explain what i did.

^^^ audio ingenuity to the max ha! I've used car stuff in the house before and it can be made to work very well actually!

most definitely!

at one point i was running the car amplifier with an energizer tractor battery. It would run out of juice all the time so i had to disconnect the car battery charger from my car deck and hook it up to the battery, so it wouldnt keep killing the juice. The charger did not have enough power to be able to keep the battery going, while running the car deck at the same time, yet it did have the power to simultaneously run two car stereos with speakers and tweeters on each deck.

eventually i learned about the computer power supply. Yeah I shelled out alot on the highest powered one i could find at the time, but it was hella worth it. The car battery charger didnt put enough juice on its own and was a fire hazard waiting to happen the way i had it set up.

the computer power supply is better, i dont have to worry about bumping any wires or clips and having sparks fly, shortouts, and its alot easier to turn the car amp on by pressing the on/off switch on the computer DC power supply, rather then pulling a fuse in and out while trying not to fry anything

pretty innovative. but i like to be able to run my car subs the way they are supposed to be ran. My kenwood amp has remote bass control as well as an equalizer, bass/level controls and high/medium/low pass filters, all built in to the front portion of the amp and fully adjustable. I think its awesome as i have came across amps with little to no control and adjustability whatsoever.

Archived