Gorilla versus Lion

KungFuMaster

Have you ever wonder why gorillas live in the rain forests of central Africa while the lions live in the barren deserts?

Long ago, the gorillas and lions clashed heads and fought for territorial possessions of the most valuable lands ? where food is neither scarce and water is always plentiful.

Gorillas currently reside where food and water is plentiful. The lions- reduced to eating foul and unhealthy meat.

Who is the real King? The kings would sit and eat fruits and berries and occasionally treat themselves to a succulent meaty dish while the commoners feed off the scraps ? leftovers in the barren wastelands.

And now for the actual topic: Gorilla versus Lion ? who wins?

Have you ever wonder why gorillas live in the rain forests of central Africa while the lions live in the barren deserts?

Long ago' date=' the gorillas and lions clashed heads and fought for territorial possessions of the most valuable lands ? where food is neither scarce and water is always plentiful.

Gorillas currently reside where food and water is plentiful. The lions- reduced to eating foul and unhealthy meat.

Who is the real King? The kings would sit and eat fruits and berries and occasionally treat themselves to a succulent meaty dish while the commoners feed off the scraps ? leftovers in the barren wastelands.

And now for the actual topic: Gorilla versus Lion ? who wins?[/quote']

I heard somewhere that the Gorilla could rip the lions head off...:rolleyes:

I'm not so good at understanding slang' date=' but let me guess:

The lions buy the weeds and the gorillas are the sellers?[/quote']

I guess lol. Just a dumb video i found googling Lion vs. gorilla.

In a real fight who knows but my money would be on the Gorilla to deliver a crushing blow when the lion lunges. If the lion gets a hold of his neck though it's over for the Gorilla.

Then i know it's full of **** :P

Really?

If you look it up and actually read it you would know it's not. Tthere are chimps in places such as the Congo that are massive. Such as the Bili Ape. They're like 6 feet tall, they walk upright, and they live on the ground instead of trees because they don't have to worry about predators. These chimps are fairly new.

Well, recently, they found some of these chimps eating a lion. ( I think it was a lion) And upon other investigation they are pretty certain the apes killed it as well.

Really?

If you look it up and actually read it you would know it's not. Tthere are chimps in places such as the Congo that are massive. Such as the Bili Ape. They're like 6 feet tall' date=' they walk upright, and they live on the ground instead of trees because they don't have to worry about predators. These chimps are fairly new.

Well, recently, they found some of these chimps eating a lion. ( I think it was a lion) And upon other investigation they are pretty certain the apes killed it as well.[/quote']

Interesting. Never heard of them before. I will say though that just because it was eating a lion doesn't mean a whole lot. If it was old or wounded and happened to run into a few of those apes i wouldn't expect it to survive.

Single alpha Lion in perfect health vs Single alpha Bili Ape in perfect health I'd expect the lion to rip it apart.

Long ago' date=' the gorillas and lions clashed heads and fought for territorial possessions of the most valuable lands ? where food is neither scarce and water is always plentiful.

And now for the actual topic: Gorilla versus Lion ? who wins?[/quote']

Shogun wins because Ufciswhereitsat says so and will use Sherdog to back that up with polls...from there!! :rolleyes:

Considering the fact gorillas are so much more intelligent than a lion, the gorilla will have more tools at his disposal to kill the lion, whereas the lion has only one defined tactic- and that is to bite the neck.

Gorillas (silverbacks especially) are said to have the strength capable of lifting a car over their heads. With their powerful arms, they could easily pound the lion until a bone or the spine is broken. With a strong bite of their own, they could bite in return.

Here is how I foresee this fight if it should ever happen:

The lion would definitely be able to inflict more wounds because of its four legged movements. It's claws and quick bites would be very difficult for the gorilla to avoid while in close quarters. However, the one to deliver the more punishing blows would be the gorilla.

And because lions are not nearly as smart as gorillas, they will simply lock their jaws and hope the bite will secure the win. If the lion should be able to bite a leg or an arm, the gorilla can still use his other arm to smash the lion until it is unconscious or until the lion's spine is broken.

And your retort will be - the lion will be aiming for the neck.

It is true, lions target the neck of their preys. However, in a one on one situation, it would be very difficult for a lion to maneuver around for a chance to bite the gorilla's neck from the back. The gorilla is very agile and could easily prevent the lion from taking its back.

This fight will result in multiple bites from the lion- causing the gorilla to have many fatal wounds. But ultimately, the gorilla will be the one to land the killing blows.

The lion will die shortly after the battle and the gorilla will die in days to come.

Considering the fact gorillas are so much more intelligent than a lion' date=' the gorilla will have more tools at his disposal to kill the lion, whereas the lion has only one defined tactic- and that is to bite the neck.

Gorillas (silverbacks especially) are said to have the strength capable of lifting a car over their heads. With their powerful arms, they could easily pound the lion until a bone or the spine is broken. With a strong bite of their own, they could bite in return.

Here is how I foresee this fight if it should ever happen:

The lion would definitely be able to inflict more wounds because of its four legged movements. It's claws and quick bites would be very difficult for the gorilla to avoid while in close quarters. However, the one to deliver the more punishing blows would be the gorilla.

And because lions are not nearly as smart as gorillas, they will simply lock their jaws and hope the bite will secure the win. If the lion should be able to bite a leg or an arm, the gorilla can still use his other arm to smash the lion until it is unconscious or until the lion's spine is broken.

And your retort will be - the lion will be aiming for the neck.

It is true, lions target the neck of their preys. However, in a one on one situation, it would be very difficult for a lion to maneuver around for a chance to bite the gorilla's neck from the back. The gorilla is very agile and could easily prevent the lion from taking its back.

This fight will result in multiple bites from the lion- causing the gorilla to have many fatal wounds. But ultimately, the gorilla will be the one to land the killing blows.

The lion will die shortly after the battle and the gorilla will die in days to come.[/quote']

The fight would probably go like this.

Lion squares off looking for an oppourtunity to pounce. Then he suddenly lunges at the gorillas throat with surprizing speed and the gorilla brocksmashes his skull into oblivion. The end

Gorilla would rip the lions jawbone from its skull as soon as the lion latched on to something and would be intelligent enough to gouge the eyes out imediately as well.

A big silverback is making whatever he wants his ***** if he so chooses!

Pretty much. Apes target the face and the genitals. And if something as powerful as a gorilla gets a hold of either one, you're done.

Pretty much. Apes target the face and the genitals. And if something as powerful as a gorilla gets a hold of either one' date=' you're done.[/quote']

LMAO! Yes I forgot about how they go straight for the balls:eek: I remember seeing footage of a poor bastard chimp getting his nuts ripped off and his throat ripped out! They dont f*ck around!

Lions are *****

The Tiger who has experience taking down guar, water buffalo & bear would have a much better chance vs. a strong large mammal in singular combat then a Lion would

i've never liked Lions since i was a kid. What a poor excuse for a "King";

kind of like LeBron James.

Lions are *****

The Tiger who has experience taking down guar' date=' water buffalo & bear would have a much better chance vs. a strong large mammal in singular combat then a Lion would

i've never liked Lions since i was a kid. What a poor excuse for a "King";

kind of like LeBron James.[/quote']

I agree I think lions hunt in groups (prides). Gorilla is going to win for sure. I would be more intrested to change the Lion out with a full grown male Siberian Tiger..... Thats better odds at least I think.

I agree I think lions hunt in groups (prides). Gorilla is going to win for sure. I would be more intrested to change the Lion out with a full grown male Siberian Tiger..... Thats better odds at least I think.

To further the debate

Adult males range in height 1.65?1.75 metres (5 ft 5 in?5 ft 9 in)' date=' and in weight 140?200 kg (310?440 lb). Adult females are often half the size of a silverback, averaging about 1.4 metres (4 ft 7 in) tall and 100 kg (220 lb) [/quote'] <<< Wiki

then

Males measure 270?330 cm (110?130 in) long and weigh 180?306 kg (400?670 lb); females measure 240?275 cm (94?108 in) long and weigh 100?167 kg (220?370 lb).

Archived