Athiest Fighters

BigIvy5

Rogan "Awesome performance tonight. Give us your thoughts on the fight"

Fighter X "Well, first up I'd like to thank myself. Y'know, for going to training everyday, getting stronger and punching that dude's lights out. I'd also like to thank myself for my ability to learn highly technical BJJ moves to keep me out of danger on the ground. And I'd also like to thank myself for having the courage to step into the cage and fight."

Rogan "Urrr.... But didn't God give you all those strengths? I mean, He did to Vitor and Hughes."

Fighter X "Well, you see Joe, I never read the storybook, so I don't really know what God can do for me. Does faith in God give me +10 Sub Defense or something?"

Rogan "Ah, no... it's just that... y... y'know what. Never mind, it's cool. It's cool. Fighter X, ladies and gentleman!"

I would like to see that interview, actually.

Fighter X "Well' date=' first up I'd like to thank myself. Y'know, for going to training everyday, getting stronger and punching that dude's lights out. I'd also like to thank myself for my ability to learn highly technical BJJ moves to keep me out of danger on the ground. And I'd also like to thank myself for having the courage to step into the cage and fight."

Rogan "Urrr.... But didn't God give you all those strengths? I mean, He did to Vitor and Hughes."

Fighter X "Well, you see Joe, I never read the storybook, so I don't really know what God can do for me. Does faith in God give me +10 Sub Defense or something?"

Rogan "Ah, no... it's just that... y... y'know what. Never mind, it's cool. It's cool. Fighter X, ladies and gentleman!"

I would like to see that interview, actually.[/quote']

lol Joe's not religious at all anyway but yeah that would be funny.

I'm sure a bunch of fighters are atheist but it's just never come up in an interview because its not important. On a separate note I just had a thought. There's an intelligence order with people:

(Dumbest)

5 Religious people who have done no research into any religion or specific science

4 Atheist who just say its all fake because magic isn't real.

3 People who admit they don't know anything for sure based on barely any research.

2 Religious people who have done some research and have arrived at that conclusion.*

2 Atheists that have done research and have arrived at that conclusion.*

1 People who admit they don't know anything for sure after heavy research.

(Smartest)

No offence to anyone, just my opinion and I fall into these categories too.

*(joint second)

(Dumbest)

5 Religious people who have done no research into any religion or specific science

4 Atheist who just say its all fake because magic isn't real.

3 People who admit they don't know anything for sure based on barely any research.

2 Religious people who have done some research and have arrived at that conclusion.*

2 Atheists that have done research and have arrived at that conclusion.*

1 People who admit they don't know anything for sure after heavy research.

(Smartest)

thats one thing i never understood about atheists. Wouldnt their belief actually support magic since it means that the universe just "appeared"

and i agree with your first one theres a lot of contradictions with everything that has to do with religion such as how did most of the world have similar religions way back before the romans and greek "mythisized" them, which was waaaaay before any known globalization or trade was being done.

but then it makes you think of the line "a lie travels around the world before the truth is even said"

so after heavy research i still believe in a god, but not necessarily the kind from the story books written by dudes

Atheism is basically equal to religion. Theism is the belief that at least on deity exists, atheism is the belief that no deity exists. Both are based on beliefs and no facts, so in a way they are both religions kind of.

Agnosticism means that we simply have no knowledge about these things so anything is possible. It is my belief.

Religious people are happier then others so it would be a smart thing to be religious, but then it is not really a choice you simply make.

Claiming intelligence is based on any of the above is called ignorance and makes you look like an idiot.

There are probably many non-religious fighters but America is extremely religious so you would probably lose fans by saying it out loud.

thats one thing i never understood about atheists. Wouldnt their belief actually support magic since it means that the universe just "appeared"

and i agree with your first one theres a lot of contradictions with everything that has to do with religion such as how did most of the world have similar religions way back before the romans and greek "mythisized" them' date=' which was waaaaay before any known globalization or trade was being done.

but then it makes you think of the line "a lie travels around the world before the truth is even said"

so after heavy research i still believe in a god, but not necessarily the kind from the story books written by dudes[/quote']

oo that's debatable, nobody is saying that the universe just 'appeared' and the big bang is now thought, not to be the beginning of anything really, just the continuation with the beginning of a new cycle, perhaps an infinite cycle, in which we can never know how the whole thing really started.

I said, the whole 'magic' thing as a way of showing the atheists who do barely any research and dismiss it because they cannot see it and it's too farfetched, but in reality the universe, we are finding out, is so much stranger that we could have ever written down in an ancient book. It a very exciting place

(yes I listen to alot of Carl Sagan)

Atheism is basically equal to religion. Theism is the belief that at least on deity exists' date=' atheism is the belief that no deity exists. Both are based on beliefs and no facts, so in a way they are both religions kind of.

Agnosticism means that we simply have no knowledge about these things so anything is possible. It is my belief.

Religious people are happier then others so it would be a smart thing to be religious, but then it is not really a choice you simply make.

Claiming intelligence is based on any of the above is called ignorance and makes you look like an idiot.

There are probably many non-religious fighters but America is extremely religious so you would probably lose fans by saying it out loud.[/quote']

religion doesnt matter when you are on a gigantic rock floating in empty space trying to survive let alone trying to make sense of it all ...to top it all off there is a gigantic fireball in the sky and we dont know how or when we got here or why we are here.....oh and we also claim to be intelligent.....i think if humans would of worked as a tribe then a lot of problems we have today would be non-existent

Atheism is basically equal to religion. Theism is the belief that at least on deity exists' date=' atheism is the belief that no deity exists. Both are based on beliefs and no facts, so in a way they are both religions kind of.

There are probably many non-religious fighters but America is extremely religious so you would probably lose fans by saying it out loud.[/quote']

Yes which is why I placed the 'people who admit they don't know but have done heavy research into it' as basically the smartest. However there are percentages. For example, with experience and evidence, how likely is it that the Jews, Muslims or Christians got eerything right on the money, I'd say highly unlikely. Does that mean I'm saying there cannot be some form of a god? Of course I'm not, I just don't like religions saying that they know the answer because they only think they know.

and i agree with your first one theres a lot of contradictions with everything that has to do with religion such as how did most of the world have similar religions way back before the romans and greek "mythisized" them' date=' which was waaaaay before any known globalization or trade was being done.

so after heavy research i still believe in a god, but not necessarily the kind from the story books written by dudes[/quote']

And also what I was saying is that you CAN'T be sure that a God exists. Nobody on this Earth knows enough about the universe to be sure of a supernatural power behind it. If you still 100% believe in a form of god, then you aren't being as open-minded as one who knows about the universe and the world around us but is not making any claims of knowing how that system really works.

I'm not saying you fall into this category but people also like to fit god into their logic out of fear of dying. This may not be you, but millions if not billions of people are like that.

quantum physics theory and calabi yau rooms explains how the universe can function during creation and destruction. Humans tend to believe things have to start and end, that kind of reasoning does not make sense, but it is very human we have a very limited lifespan but our materia most likely exists forever.

quantum physics theory and calabi yau rooms explains how the universe can function during creation and destruction. Humans tend to believe things have to start and end' date=' that kind of reasoning does not make sense, but it is very human we have a very limited lifespan but our materia most likely exists forever.[/quote']

Forever. Try getting your head around THAT concept. The thing is infinity can be shown in mathematics but its so hard to imagine no beginning, no end.

But at the same time infinity can give you hope for the future and the afterlife, not in a religious sense, but in a sense that in a long enough time span, anything that can happen, will happen, and that may also include our return. Not return from the dead, but return as something else, maybe even more complex, trillions upon trillions of years from now.

Yay if theyre is no God theyre is no Devil. Thats what he wants you to think. You all play right into his hands idiots. The devils biigest lie is that he doesnt exist that God doesnt exist. Live your life without a care of what happens after you die. You think you just take a long nap. Religion is ****ing retarded I agree. But dont be so quick to deny God. It would suck if he denied you.

Fighter X "Well' date=' first up I'd like to thank myself. Y'know, for going to training everyday, getting stronger and punching that dude's lights out. I'd also like to thank myself for my ability to learn highly technical BJJ moves to keep me out of danger on the ground. And I'd also like to thank myself for having the courage to step into the cage and fight."

I would like to see that interview, actually.[/quote']

It won't happen because Rogan is atheist. God stays out of his interviews. If God exists, the last place his name should be brought up is at an MMA match where his creations ae beating the **** out of eachother for fame, money and ego. I'm just saying...

And also what I was saying is that you CAN'T be sure that a God exists. Nobody on this Earth knows enough about the universe to be sure of a supernatural power behind it. If you still 100% believe in a form of god' date=' then you aren't being as open-minded as one who knows about the universe and the world around us but is not making any claims of knowing how that system really works.

I'm not saying you fall into this category but people also like to fit god into their logic out of fear of dying. This may not be you, but millions if not billions of people are like that.[/quote']

well i agree nobody can be sure, but i still think there is a god and not just an infinite cycle that was created from nothing. but ya i get ur point

It won't happen because Rogan is atheist. God stays out of his interviews. If God exists' date=' the last place his name should be brought up is at an MMA match where his creations ae beating the **** out of eachother for fame, money and ego. I'm just saying...[/quote']

I wasn't implying Rogan wasn't an athiest. Just that he conducts interviews with guys like Vitor who goes on about his Jesus this Jesus that stuff after a fight. Making the usual "I'd like to thank God" speech and replacing the word "god" with "myself" would likely make Rogan doubletake. I had him dismissing the whole thing at the end rather than patting Fighter X on the back, and hesitantly just saying "y'know what, it's cool, back to you Goldie."

Religions are like penises. It's fine to have one and to be proud of it' date=' but please don't try to shove it down my throat.

I'm an atheist myself but I don't particularly care about my favourite fighters' religious preferences.[/quote']

I have nothing to add on the subject. I just felt that this little gem got overlooked.

quantum physics theory and calabi yau rooms explains how the universe can function during creation and destruction. Humans tend to believe things have to start and end' date=' that kind of reasoning does not make sense, but it is very human we have a very limited lifespan but our materia most likely exists forever.[/quote']

ya but what makes things work, what makes physics possible those are answers no one has

I just read Stephen Hawkings latest book "grand design" and it explained time and the beginning of the universe as looping.

Like time acts as a the south pole on a globe...while common theory is time STARTED, people believe the earth was flat...while you walk towards the south pole, you loop back in on yourself in the globe(3rd dimension). And time acts as the same way, as you go back, if folds in on itself and is looped in the 4th dimension.

And basic science doesnt say that the universe and space time started at the big bang...just we cant perceive what happened during or previous because the space time and any quantum theory of relativity or any existing theory of general relativity, because its so warped and dense and any math fails at infinity.

And right now the problem they are tackling is the moments after the big bang, where space time expands....not matter just moving apart, but the universe EXPANDING, at a speed of 1,000,000 times the speed of light for the first second after the big bang.

trust me....any atheist who does his homework gets a building theory from scientist, or this vague, completely false answer given by religious dogmas.

I do NOT believe in magic.

Archived