Anyone Else Train BJJ?

WarWAND1406052009

I am a thrid stripe black belt in UFC/MMA training.

I do UFC more for the physical workout I get, and I do MMA for the technique.

The guy who take's my check at the front desk of the dojo tells me I'm going to be the cracker version of Anderson Silva.

i am 15 and am a three stripe white belt under bjj black belt AJ Scales. i have been training for about 16 months. if you train' date='what rank are you and how long have you been training?[/quote']I'm 15 also and have been training for 22 months and I'm a green belt. Usually you get your yellow after a year but Its different with some coaches.

see honestly I think BJJ is dying as far as MMA goes' date=' it's no-gi Eddie Bravo style JJ that works in MMA

really for me Eddie Bravo = GOD[/quote']

Eddie Bravo is ruinning traditional bjj. SO many kids nowadays think he is god when it comes to bjj but theres a reason the brazilian guys (work champs like maia who probably has the best mma bjj and guys like Galvao and saulo Ribeiro) don't do all that eddie bravo crap. he puts too much emphisis on things like rubber gaurd when its not necessary. To prove my point hazelett vs mark bocek.

traditional bjj is better than eddie bravo's style.

Eddie Bravo is ruinning traditional bjj. SO many kids nowadays think he is god when it comes to bjj but theres a reason the brazilian guys (work champs like maia who probably has the best mma bjj and guys like Galvao and saulo Ribeiro) don't do all that eddie bravo crap. he puts too much emphisis on things like rubber gaurd when its not necessary. To prove my point hazelett vs mark bocek.

Get off the drugs.

I am a thrid stripe black belt in UFC/MMA training.

I do UFC more for the physical workout I get' date=' and I do MMA for the technique.

The guy who take's my check at the front desk of the dojo tells me I'm going to be the cracker version of Anderson Silva.[/quote']

What?

Traditional bjj isn't going anywhere in fact it's growing. With respect to Eddie he has an interesting take and has evolved his game for what works for him. Good for him thinking outside of the box and trying to improve things he has trouble with.

Archived