Strikeforce: Columbus Fight Card - Cavalcante vs. Henderson

KRYME

Is shaping up according to Josh Gross at ESPN.com:

Mar 5th, live on Showtime from Columbus, Ohio:

Rafael Cavalcante (10-2) vs. Dan Henderson (26-8) [LHW title]

Marloes Coenen (18-4) vs. Meisha Tate (11-2) [WW title]

Tim Kennedy (12-3) vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller (24-7)

Billy Evangelista (11-0 vs. Jorge Masvidal (20-6)

Jorge Gurgel (13-7) vs. TBA

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/29/1963149/strikeforce-columbus-fight-card-cavalcante-vs-henderson

Why would Mousasi fight for the title? His last fight in SF was him losing it to Mo.

1. Most thought Mousasi beat King Mo , he actually beat the **** out of Mo from his guard for 25 minutes...

2. Mousasi is the highest ranked LHW in Strikeforce ( my opinion I guess ) so he deserves the shot the most in my eyes as I believe he beat Mo also.

3. Mousasi vs Calvacante seems sick stylistically.

1. Most thought Mousasi beat King Mo ' date=' he actually beat the **** out of Mo from his guard for 25 minutes...

2. Mousasi is the highest ranked LHW in Strikeforce ( my opinion I guess ) so he deserves the shot the most in my eyes as I believe he beat Mo also.

3. Mousasi vs Calvacante seems sick stylistically.[/quote']

1. A lot of people did think that, but according to the regulated rules he didn't.

2. Mousasi might be the highest ranked, but they don't offer title shots according to made up ranking systems. His last fight for the company was him losing the belt. It's not very fair to the rest of the fighters if he was thrown right back in with the new champ after losing the title. Hendo is well known, and coming off a win against the former champ. Mousasi needs another fight or 2 before he deserves a title shot.

3. I agree.

1. Most thought Mousasi beat King Mo ' date=' he actually beat the **** out of Mo from his guard for 25 minutes...

3. Mousasi vs Calvacante seems sick stylistically.[/quote']

Looking though the eyes of a fan

Business wise ...

Rafael Cavalcante (10-2) vs. Dan Henderson (26-8) [LHW title]

is where its at.

wasn't gomi LW champ in pride' date=' he doesnt have to unify his belt i guess

but then again gomi sucks and would get owned by the top of the division[/quote']

If he had signed with the UFC back then I'm sure they would have given him an immediate title fight.

Archived