mma fight footage that will get you suspended or banned thread

SUN_TZUX

Liddell was a beast back then. Also' date=' I think Overeem is avoiding UFC because the average fighters here would put him in 3rd rate status real quick. JBJ, Hammill, Bonnar, Griffin etc. would all roll right over Overeem.[/quote']

I agree that he may not be as impressive against elite level competition. But you've named a load of LHW fighters. Overeem has packed on 50 pounds of pure muscle in the last few years and there's no way he could make the cut to LHW. If he were to fight guys like Bones, Hammill, Bonnar and Griffin, he'd be able to throw them around like ragdolls.

Overeem's home is at HW. In my opinion the only fighter that can handle Overeem is an elite level HW wrestler.

I agree that he may not be as impressive against elite level competition. But you've named a load of LHW fighters. Overeem has packed on 50 pounds of pure muscle in the last few years and there's no way he could make the cut to LHW. If he were to fight guys like Bones' date=' Hammill, Bonnar and Griffin, he'd be able to throw them around like ragdolls.

Overeem's home is at HW. In my opinion the only fighter that can handle Overeem is an elite level HW wrestler.[/quote']

I'll name Mir, Carwin, Velasquez, even Sylvia as odds on favs to beat Overeem at HW to demonstrate point that level of UFC vs Other orgs is hardly comparable any more.

I'll name Mir' date=' Carwin, Velasquez, even Sylvia as odds on favs to beat Overeem at HW to demonstrate point that level of UFC vs Other orgs is hardly comparable any more.[/quote']

I think he'd take Mir, Carwin and Sylvia. None of those guys have much of a wrestling base (I know Carwin can wrestle but he's hardly the cream of the crop), and there's no doubt that Reem would beat them up standing.

Velasquez and Lesnar would give him problems in my opinion. Those guys are dominant wrestlers.

I think he'd take Mir' date=' Carwin and Sylvia. None of those guys have much of a wrestling base (I know Carwin can wrestle but he's hardly the cream of the crop), and there's no doubt that Reem would beat them up standing.

Velasquez and Lesnar would give him problems in my opinion. Those guys are dominant wrestlers.[/quote']

A second or third tier UFC fighter would thump the daylights out of Overeem. Mark my words.

Sylvia??? Really?? For one thing he isn't in the UFC' date=' and another thing Overeem would beat the **** out of him. Because you said Sylvia I have to say, you my friend, are clearly a moron.[/quote']

Just stating my opinion. Your lack of respect for it shows your intel level and motive.

I think he'd take Mir' date=' Carwin and Sylvia. [b']None of those guys have much of a wrestling base [/b](I know Carwin can wrestle but he's hardly the cream of the crop), and there's no doubt that Reem would beat them up standing.

Velasquez and Lesnar would give him problems in my opinion. Those guys are dominant wrestlers.

from wikipedia

shane carwin.

Carwin wrestled in college, becoming a two-time NCAA Division II Wrestling National Runner-Up Heavyweight in 1996?97 and the NCAA II Wrestling Heavyweight National Champion in 1999. He was also a two-time All-American in football for Western State

frank mir.

Mir then began wrestling at Bonanza High School in Las Vegas, Nevada where during his junior year he lost his first nine matches.[8] During his senior year (1998) he went 44-1 and won the state championship

Archived