Penn training with Hughes for Fitch fight

Jbrahams

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/29/1962920/bj-penn-to-train-with-matt-hughes-during-ufc-127-prep-for-jon-fitch

Maybe this is for Hughes to help improve Penn's wrestling because as we all know that is what Fitch's gameplan is going to be going into the fight - take BJ down.

If BJ can improve his TDD (already great) and since he has great BJJ then I don't see him losing the fight tbh.

Thoughts?

my thoughts woulda been BJ's tdd is to good...but after Edgar got td's with ease...i dunno how true that is anymore. Anyways i think its good for Penn to train with Hughes. Hughes does not only have great wrestling but his BJJ is good too. He may be able to help Penn use wrestling or BJJ to counter Fitch's wrestling....if the right BJ Penn shows up its gonna be a long night for Fitch, i think Penn is capable of picking him apart on the feet or submitting him if he gets a TD or get taken down by Fitch, that is where Hughes will come in to help.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/29/1962920/bj-penn-to-train-with-matt-hughes-during-ufc-127-prep-for-jon-fitch

Maybe this is for Hughes to help improve Penn's wrestling because as we all know that is what Fitch's gameplan is going to be going into the fight - take BJ down.

If BJ can improve his TDD (already great) and since he has great BJJ then I don't see him losing the fight tbh.

Thoughts?

I like this a lot...he is improving his TDD and his own wrestling with this move.

Also he is making his striking more crisp.

I think this was just now revealed I think they have been training the together the whole camp and BJ just revealed it like a a few weeks out from the fight.

He is improving his already awesome striking.

Increasing his ability to avoid takedowns and improving his wrestling.

And his BJJ is top notch, how does Jon Fitch beat him I am being honest asking that?

Until an actual video proof is provided, we cannot assume Penn is training with Hughes or let alone training at all.

And even when a video is provided, we have to send the video to laboratory experts for testing - to make sure the video has not been tampered with or altered - to ensure the authenticity.

Until irrefutable evidence has been provided, we are safe to say Penn is not training.

until an actual video proof is provided' date=' we cannot assume penn is training with hughes or let alone training at all.

And even when a video is provided, we have to send the video to laboratory experts for testing - to make sure the video has not been tampered with or altered - to ensure the authenticity.

Until irrefutable evidence has been provided, we are safe to say penn is not training.[/quote']

lmao

Thoughts?

thats like when apollo creed went to help rocky balboa train

Archived