In Praise of Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg

BOILEDFREAKEGGS

I read so many comments about Rogan and Goldberg on this forum. Has everyone listened to what else is out there? Not only are Strikeforce fights complete jokes, but the announcers have to be the worst so called pro's anyone has ever heard. After watching teh Semtex vs. Smith fight I am convinced that anyone could annouce these fights and not sound like these guys. I honestly would rather look at a TV for 1 hour with no sound, audio or anything then to ever put myself through another stikeforce fight. They are the worst hands down. They honestly ruin it for fight fans. Over the top, grating voices, stupid *** comments. I would love to see someone debate anything positive about the strikeforce announcers. I would even go as far as saying that The Titan 16 announcers were interesting because at least one of them have a british accent.

Rogan and Goldberg are the BEST! Mir isn't bad as a replacement but Florian and Bonner are also just terrible.

Rogan is an MMA genius. He reads fighters like he's a swami. I'm always happy to see Rogan host even a weak card. He really makes even boring' date=' technical fights come alive. Goldberg seems like a rookie announcer by comparison.[/quote']

Rogan is not just an mma genius he is a genius full stop, and your right about him making even the most boring fights interesting, he's the f'n man and his mma knowledge is second to none.

Goldberg does a very good job as well in my opinion, i mean the way he enunciates every other word and is always enthusiastic, thats pretty hard to keep up, but he does keep it up and it just sounds right. He does make himself look a little dumb sometimes though but it's always fun hearing Joe correcting him.

I can tolerate Ranallo, he just goes a little over the top with the 1980s radio DJ voice. Miletich is great at describing the technical aspects of the game although his voice annoys me for some reason. Shamrock, though, is just horrible. They should ditch him and bring in Bas. That would be awesome.

Archived