Machida won't be able to stop Couture's takedowns.

ThirstForBLOOD

The Machida UFC era started in 2007 - 2009 with an 8 fight win streak. Thats not a bad era. You can blame the Machida Era rubbish on the evil horrible marketing campaigns and Joe Rogan (for the overhyping of the word elusive, However Rampage stated he really IS Elusive) that ruins fighter lives.

Fedor "The Last Emperor" campaign. Another horrible marketing campaign that just about ruined a great fighters career.

I love Randy, but I really don't see how he is gonna be able to deal with Machida's stand-up. Lyoto stays about 8 feet away from his opponent until he chooses the strike, so when Randy goes for a takedown, it will be fairly obvious. Not to mention Machida has above average TDD. I won't count Randy out though. He always has a solid game plan and finds ways to win so I wouldn't be surrpised if Couture won.

With that said, I say Machida via UD.

If Couture stands with Machida I doubt he will be able to land anything. But If Randy cuts off the octagon and stuffs him against the cage and uses his dirty boxing&wrestling he can take this fight for sure.

This is how I was thinking Randy would win. The thing is though, Machida is very good at trip takedowns, which he usually gets when people clinch up with him. I sure Randy is already aware of this. Just gonna have to keep his legs back when he clinches and pin him against the cage.

Randy is alot different then other fighters machida has faced in the past.

Randy is very good at cutting off the cage....you rarely see him chasing anyone.

Once he clinches I see him pinning machida against the cage and dirty boxing and waiting for machida to relax....before trying to take him to the ground.

One thing randy has going for him is he is concentrating on his submissions alot more and I dont think other fighters feel threatened by them YET.....this may be the mistake Machida falls into...Randy will catch him in a arm triangle or some kind of choke....or may even take machda's back for a rear naked choke.

No matter what Brock says.....who do you really think taught him that choke that he put on Carwin? Randy Couture.....it is no coincidence that Brock used it after training with randy ....and Randy used it on James Toney!

Remember Tito almost submitted Machida..........

Randy by Submission or Ground and Pound TKO!

This is how I was thinking Randy would win. The thing is though' date=' Machida is very good at trip takedowns, which he usually gets when people clinch up with him. I sure Randy is already aware of this. Just gonna have to keep his legs back when he clinches and pin him against the cage.[/quote']

Very true.

But Randy's Clinch work&Greco-Roman background is top tier, If anybody can stuff Machida's trips it's him.

If Couture stands with Machida I doubt he will be able to land anything. But If Randy cuts off the octagon and stuffs him against the cage and uses his dirty boxing&wrestling he can take this fight for sure.

Couture has under estimated standup if you watch fights where couture actually exchanges punches he looked good watch liddel/couture one and some others

but machida is the least hit fighter prior to his last fights so it may be diffucult

Couture has under estimated standup if you watch fights where couture actually exchanges punches he looked good watch liddel/couture one and some others

but machida is the least hit fighter prior to his last fights so it may be diffucult

No doubt' date=' Randy can strike and can come out clean in exchanges. But Machida [u']will not[/u] exchange with* him or anybody for that matter,cause that would make him exciting and ruin his rep.

something people often forget about Machida is that he has very good takedowns as well... and they aren't the kind of takedowns that use raw strength, but rather the skillful, tricky takedowns that use trips, throws, and exploit leverage... Machida will put a stand up clinic on Couture when he gets his range and when Couture finally closes the distance, Machida will very likely be putting Couture on his *** the same way he put Rampage and T Silva on their asses... a lot of Machida's success has come against wrestlers because his skillful stand up and elusiveness keeps his opponents at range and when they can breach his reach, he can judo toss them... last I remember Machida also trains with Satoshi Ishii who is the 2008 Olympic Judo champ now fighting in Dream as a HW, so I highly doubt Couture can bring something that Machida isn't already completely aware of...

I'm not counting Couture out completely, since if anyone can pull off a miracle, it's him, but logically speaking, I really can't see Couture being able to win this...

something people often forget about Machida is that he has very good takedowns as well... and they aren't the kind of takedowns that use raw strength' date=' but rather the skillful, tricky takedowns that use trips, throws, and exploit leverage... Machida will put a stand up clinic on Couture when he gets his range and when Couture finally closes the distance, Machida will very likely be putting Couture on his *** the same way he put Rampage and T Silva on their asses... a lot of Machida's success has come against wrestlers because his skillful stand up and elusiveness keeps his opponents at range and when they can breach his reach, he can judo toss them... last I remember Machida also trains with Satoshi Ishii who is the 2008 Olympic Judo champ now fighting in Dream as a HW, so I highly doubt Couture can bring something that Machida isn't already completely aware of...

I'm not counting Couture out completely, since if anyone can pull off a miracle, it's him, but logically speaking, I really can't see Couture being able to win this...[/quote']

agreed to the fullest not counting him out at all but you cant say he will dominate the dragon just as i dont think the dragon will dominate him it will probly go to decision is my guess

Archived