1 Leg kick vs 3 solid punches to the face.

Tweak

It's not even that.

People are just blind to Lyoto's attacks.

I never saw that fight before today. Now i thought it was going to be one sided beating from what people where saying on this forum. But what i actually saw was a very close first round, rounds 2 and 3 for Lyoto and rounds 4 and 5 for Shogun.

Even though Shogun was virtually exclusively throwing leg kicks Lyoto was showing no signs of damage until the end of the 4th round. Yet everytime Shogun threw a kick Rogan was screaming about how hurt Lyoto was and how good Shogun is.

Now i'm not a Lyoto fan, i just think the judging was reflecting what actually happened in the fight. Not Shogun's hype.

I never saw that fight before today. Now i thought it was going to be one sided beating from what people where saying on this forum. But what i actually saw was a very close first round' date=' rounds 2 and 3 for Lyoto and rounds 4 and 5 for Shogun.

Even though Shogun was virtually exclusively throwing leg kicks Lyoto was showing no signs of damage until the end of the 4th round. Yet everytime Shogun threw a kick Rogan was screaming about how hurt Lyoto was and how good Shogun is.

Now i'm not a Lyoto fan, i just think the judging was reflecting what actually happened in the fight. Not Shogun's hype.[/quote']

Fair assessment.

I have no problem with people thinking that Shogun won, as it was really close.

But when they call it a blow out, that's just ridiculous.

If you watch it again, even round 4 was close. I don't think Shogun won that round until the very end.

I think the fight was real close too...

But I don't blame Joe for making sure people noticed those leg kicks.

Until you've actually fought or sparred and been hit with a clean leg kick you have no idea how painful it is, and shogun threw a huuuuge amount into 1 or 2 of those. I remember rubbing my legs watching it and thinking of how commendable it was that machida was still standing :)

It's not even that.

People are just blind to Lyoto's attacks.

It's because it does invisible damage. Look at shogun at the end of that fight, and look at Lyoto.

One of the these looked like he just woke up, and the other looked like he wouldn't be able to walk for a few days.

"landing" is nice, effective damage is nicer.

It's because it does invisible damage. Look at shogun at the end of that fight' date=' and look at Lyoto.

One of the these looked like he just woke up, and the other looked like he wouldn't be able to walk for a few days.

"landing" is nice, effective damage is nicer.[/quote']

he barely even landed though, when shoguns hands are up and he's backtracking.....do you really thing machida's punches to his forearms hurt his face....**** NO, get ur **** together people

heres a question' date=' whats better: 500 leg kicks, or 3 punches to the other guys arms?[/quote']

What's better?

People who talk out their **** but really have no idea what happened?

Or people that have the ability to watch the fight and know exactly what was going on?

GTFO man. You're acting like another one of those blind jock junkies. 500 kicks? Pfft.

It's because it does invisible damage. Look at shogun at the end of that fight' date=' and look at Lyoto.

"landing" is nice, effective damage is nicer.[/quote']

Which is where the misunderstanding comes from.

Damage is NOT part of the scoring criteria.

Also, most of Shogun's kicks were just glancing blows. It's funny how Rogun, the granddaddy lover of leg kicks, fails to mention that the 'slapping' sound is from a kick that isn't landed properly.

He mentions all the time, but not in this fight.

Blah blah blah.. more of the same old crap.

This is for you..

UFC+104+Machida+punching+Shogun+while+he+kicks.jpeg

why dont u check the fight stats buddy....

shogun landed more strikes, machida's nose was f'ed, his ribs were bruised like a ****er, and his leg was borderline broken....how was shogun, well he was just fine by the end of that fight.

"oh no but machida landed a flurry" yes he did ONCE IN THE THIRD ROUND, which was it, the rest was him landing one strike for every like 3 shogun landed

why dont u check the fight stats buddy....

shogun landed more strikes' date=' machida's nose was f'ed, his ribs were bruised like a ****er, and his leg was borderline broken....how was shogun, well he was just fine by the end of that fight.

"oh no but machida landed a flurry" yes he did ONCE IN THE THIRD ROUND, which was it, the rest was him landing one strike for every like 3 shogun landed[/quote']

I stopped reading after you mentioned 'stats'.

How about you actually watch the fight?

You guys are all the same.

It depends on the strength of the kicks/punches in question, and exactly where they contact. One truly awesome, well placed leg kick is a fight-ender, as is a flush punch. On the other hand, weak or badly aimed leg kicks are massively ineffectual and we've all seen fighters who can land hundreds of strikes and their opponent is neither bloodied or dazed.

Thusly, in such a generalised context the question is meaningless - it's like asking what's better between a guillotine or a rear naked choke....

It depends on the strength of the kicks/punches in question' date=' and exactly where they contact. One truly awesome, well placed leg kick is a fight-ender, as is a flush punch. On the other hand, weak or badly aimed leg kicks are massively ineffectual and we've all seen fighters who can land hundreds of strikes and their opponent is neither bloodied or dazed.

Thusly, in such a generalised context the question is meaningless - it's like asking what's better between a guillotine or a rear naked choke....[/quote']

I understand what you're trying to say.

But if we take all the variables out, and just say that EACH strike lands with the same effectiveness, then the punch to the face will be better as it's a more aggressive strike.

Make sense?

You guys are one-sided as hell' date=' Shogun broke Machida's face in the first fight, but who cares, right? He KTFO him the second time[/quote']

You say we're one-sided as hell, but in reality, you're just biased as hell.

Saying that he 'broke Machida's face', shows how blind you really are.

You say we're one-sided as hell' date=' but in reality, you're just biased as hell.

Saying that he 'broke Machida's face', shows how blind you really are.[/quote']

it doesn't really matter what he says, cause even he doesn't expect for people to take him seriously............and if he does, he's really gotta change something.

it doesn't really matter what he says' date=' cause even he doesn't expect for people to take him seriously............and if he does, he's really gotta change something.[/quote']

I just can't understand why people can't check their bias at the door.

I'm more than capable of doing that, even if it means my 'chosen' fighter is going to lose.

Look, I try my best to give an unbiased opinion for everything I do. And I want to go back and watch all 5 rounds so I can give the best assesment I can think of. I'm sorry, I just can't do that...because I thought the fight was pretty damn boring if you want to know the truth of it.

Look' date=' I try my best to give an unbiased opinion for everything I do. And I want to go back and watch all 5 rounds so I can give the best assesment I can think of. I'm sorry, I just can't do that...because I thought the fight was pretty damn boring if you want to know the truth of it.[/quote']

Really? You thought it was boring?

I loved that fight! hahaha

1) Look at Machida's face and Shogun's face at the end.

2) Go to YouTube and see Dana White' date=' Joe Stevenson, Anthony Johnson, etc. saying that Shogun won the fight

But hey, I'm glad Shogun "lost" the fight so he could come back and send Machida's head into another dimension. Sometimes bad things come for good[/quote']

This is the typical "I'm a Shogun jock-junkie and he OMGWTFBBQSMASHED Machida in that fight.. he won all five rounds, ROBBERY ROBBERY ROBBERY!!" stuff that I'm used to hearing from you guys.

Get some new material, or better yet, WATCH the flippin' fight for once.

It's very true. ALL the fans who had Shogun winning' date=' all the pro fighters, the whole arena,Dana White ect THEY ARE retarded. If you check the statistical information, Machida landed 92 head strikes to Shogun's 18 LEG kicks. Machida PUNCHED Shogun EVERY time Shogun kicked him AND THEN SOME. Machida KICKED HIS ***. It seems like,me you and this thread have been the only ones based in reality[/quote']

I hope you're being sarcastic

It's very true. ALL the fans who had Shogun winning' date=' all the pro fighters, the whole arena,Dana White ect THEY ARE retarded. If you check the statistical information, Machida landed 92 head strikes to Shogun's 18 LEG kicks. Machida PUNCHED Shogun EVERY time Shogun kicked him AND THEN SOME. Machida KICKED HIS ***. It seems like,me you and this thread have been the only ones based in reality[/quote']

Where in the bloody hell did you get those stats?

I just felt for a 5 round fight' date=' it was severely lacking in any effective blows. By the end of the 5th, it looked like each of them were still trying to gauge their opponent.[/quote']

I agree that neither of them were really able to play their game, though Machida was definitely slowing down as the fight wore on.

Archived