For those of you saying Herschel Walker is only fighting cans. And discrediting him.

Shady_Champ

What he's doing is awesome. You're saying that he's fighting "cans".. Well guess what.. He's a "can" too. Seriously the guy is 48 and he just won his first 2 fights. If Fedor, Reem or any other top 10 HW fought him they would be criticized for fighting a "can" So why is it so bad that an inexperienced fighter is beating fighters that have more experience than him?

People never cease to Amaze me.

Brock is famous so he get's bigger named fighters right away and people talk **** because he didn't earn it

Walker comes in and is famous and fights lower level guys and people talk **** because those guys are "nobodies/cans"

So what does a guy have to do?

Seriously' date=' I remember Ben Fowlkes made a huge deal when they matched Herschel up with a nobody like Carson. I'm thinking, hello, its his second fight!!

He shouldn't even he on the main cards yet, put him on SF challengers!![/quote']

He's a somewhat big name so he gets a draw. That'ss why he is on the maincard. If SF thought he was great he would be in the GP same with Lashley.

your allowed to put my name in the title :D

what I said probably came off as me hating the guy, but I was just saying that the guy isn't going to be one of those great MMA fighters, but a gatekeeper, and I think starting at 48 doesn't give him a great chance either but if your at that age and willing to start committing to being a fighter than you could probably do a lot of things

your allowed to put my name in the title :D

what I said probably came off as me hating the guy' date=' but I was just saying that the guy isn't going to be one of those great MMA fighters, but a gatekeeper, and I think starting at 48 doesn't give him a great chance either but if your at that age and willing to start committing to being a fighter than you could probably do a lot of things[/quote']

There's been others. I wasn't singling you out bro. We need to make a bet. I want all Aussies:)

Who do u have for 126 and 127?

Walker is only fighting cans, but that is no way meant to discredit him. He's a big draw for Strikeforce, so he needs to be on the main card to pull in viewers, but being an existing sporting legend in the US, he needs to be given fights that are winnable. He looks good winning those fights, but he's unlikely to trouble Overeem and the upper tier at any point in his career.

He'd be probably the equivalent of Randy Couture right now I think.

Randy's first MMA fight was in his mid thirties, imagine if he'd had his first fight at twenty. The OP is right, expecting anyone to fight top fighters in his first couple of fights is ridiculous. The man is to old to make it very far, but still, mad props.

How is saying that Walker is fighting cans a discredit to him.

The truth is he IS fighting cans.

What do you expect. The guy is 42, with 2 fights to his mma ''career''.

He needs to fight cans in order to grow as a mma fighter.

I doubt he will fight again. He has done well. 2 fights in. 2 wins. No damage.

Archived