Shogun vs Thiago Silva

BeingAlexander

I haven't seen any discussion at all concerning this match up. If Silva beats Rampage and Shogun gets past Rashad isn't this a potential fight considering that Jones, Franklin and Bader probably would have to beat someone like Rampage before getting a shot at the title? I just wanna hear your thoughts on this. Sorry if it's already been posted.

I dont think he will beat Rampage so i havnt really thought about it but yeah its a possible match up if all the fights go a certain way, and i think Silva would be an interesting match up for Shogun but if Shogun fights like he did against Macida both times i dont think he would have too much trouble with Silva.

I think only Rampage is guaranteed a shot if he wins. Thiago Silva would probably have to face the winner of Couture/Machida or Jones/Bader to earn his shot. It would be a good fight, though. Thiago would be smart to go in throwing a ton of leg kicks to wear out Shogun's bad knees. Then he could stick and move until he found an opening to exploit for the KO.

I think Shogun would take the W, but if it happened the above should be Silva's gameplan.

Archived