Something people really need to understand about the Bader v Nog fight

Hammer_Down

In all these Jones Bader topics everyone keeps brining up "O Bader couldn't even take Little Nog down and he's not even a wrestler". I don't know if you guys actually watched the fight between Nog and Bader but what people here are calling a multitude of stuffed takedowns by Nog looked a lot more like fakes by Bader to make it more of a guessing game and an athletic fight. Simply ducking your head, bending over, and tapping the back of the other guys knees isn't commiting to a takedown. If you want to see a fight where someones actual takedown attempts were stuffed watch Okami vs. Munoz.

What Bader was trying to accomplish in his fight was to get Nog thinking he needed to defend the takedown so Bader could fire off a quick combo on his way up. He was trying to play the fight safe cause it was his first major test and didn't want to commit to any takedowns where he could get gullotined choked or caught in something else cause he respected Nog's BJJ. I'm pretty sure the guy knows how to shoot in for takedowns. He even said in the pre-fight interviews he wanted to make it about transitions and scrambles. There is nothing wrong with Bader's wrestling...

This is probably true, and it happens in a lot of fights. IMO it's one of the reasons judging is so ******. The judges can't tell a fake from a comitted takedown and when a persons "takedown" is stuffed, it makes the other guy look better. Credit to Nog for stuffing a few real ones as well though.

In all these Jones Bader topics everyone keeps brining up "O Bader couldn't even take Little Nog down and he's not even a wrestler". I don't know if you guys actually watched the fight between Nog and Bader but what people here are calling a multitude of stuffed takedowns by Nog looked a lot more like fakes by Bader to make it more of a guessing game and an athletic fight. Simply ducking your head' date=' bending over, and tapping the back of the other guys knees isn't commiting to a takedown. If you want to see a fight where someones actual takedown attempts were stuffed watch Okami vs. Munoz.

What Bader was trying to accomplish in his fight was to get Nog thinking he needed to defend the takedown so Bader could fire off a quick combo on his way up. He was trying to play the fight safe cause it was his first major test and didn't want to commit to any takedowns where he could get gullotined choked or caught in something else cause he respected Nog's BJJ. I'm pretty sure the guy knows how to shoot in for takedowns. He even said in the pre-fight interviews he wanted to make it about transitions and scrambles. There is nothing wrong with Bader's wrestling...[/quote']

Are you a wrestler? You sound like a wrestler, and as a wrestler (former NCAA div 2/ JUCO/ and 3 HS State appearances) this is what do to bait for a sprawl, is a very good tactic to force a commitment from your opponent, and if you watch, Nog is always getting prepared for defense when this happens, he commits but Bader doesn't...

Bader WILL beat Jones, it's only days away!!!!!

In all these Jones Bader topics everyone keeps brining up "O Bader couldn't even take Little Nog down and he's not even a wrestler". I don't know if you guys actually watched the fight between Nog and Bader but what people here are calling a multitude of stuffed takedowns by Nog looked a lot more like fakes by Bader to make it more of a guessing game and an athletic fight. Simply ducking your head' date=' bending over, and tapping the back of the other guys knees isn't commiting to a takedown. If you want to see a fight where someones actual takedown attempts were stuffed watch Okami vs. Munoz.

What Bader was trying to accomplish in his fight was to get Nog thinking he needed to defend the takedown so Bader could fire off a quick combo on his way up. He was trying to play the fight safe cause it was his first major test and didn't want to commit to any takedowns where he could get gullotined choked or caught in something else cause he respected Nog's BJJ. I'm pretty sure the guy knows how to shoot in for takedowns. He even said in the pre-fight interviews he wanted to make it about transitions and scrambles. There is nothing wrong with Bader's wrestling...[/quote']

correct

I just rewatched the fight and Rogan said some dumb things. Majority of the "stuffed" takedowns were like you said, fakes. Bader kept faking the shot to keep Nog on edge and worry about being taken down.

Archived