SF will not be taking UFC rejects anymore

GstarUk

Marcus Davis on his MMA career: ?Nothing is official yet, but we?ve had a few offers. I have actually gotten a lot of U.K. and European offers. I was hoping to hear from Strikeforce, but I know they?ve started that whole thing where they?re not taking UFC fighters coming off of losses. I completely understand. It?s all business and I don?t take any of this stuff personally. As far as Strikeforce is concerned, I can understand why they would want to continue that policy from a business standpoint. With me, the one thing that they miss out on?and it?s my major selling point to anyone?is that my fights tend to be exciting.? (via Tapology)

They will be missing out on some good talent.

So that prolly was the reason why Efrain didnt get signed up.

They will definiately be missing out on some good fighters. Losing streak or not.

But as Marcus pointed out it is smart on Strikeforce's part from business standpoint.

They dont wanna be an organisation that accepts every UFC washout right after they were dropped by the Ufc. It would significantly affect the small amount of credibility they have thus far built.

My prediction for SF is within 5 years, SF will grow and become an icon organization. It won't be no where near as big as the ufc, but it will be huge.

In the long run, I can see SF pulling in more revenues with its international co-promotions with Japanese fight organizations. SF can and could be the westernized version of Pride FC.

My prediction for SF is within 5 years' date=' SF will grow and become an icon organization. It won't be no where near as big as the ufc, but it will be huge.

In the long run, I can see SF pulling in more revenues with its international co-promotions with Japanese fight organizations. [b']SF can and could be the westernized version of Pride FC[/b].

So it will be mismanaged, milked by the mob and go bust before being bought out by UFC but in the mean time it will put on some amazing shows :P

They will be missing out on some good talent.

So that prolly was the reason why Efrain didnt get signed up.

This isn't Strikeforce's official policy. Its just a way to politely say "no" to certain fighters. A good test case will be Lyoto Machida. If Dana is stupid enough to cut him, then I think you'll see him in Strikeforce soon.

Archived