Sign in to follow this  
qaz

Why does GSP over exaggerrate Anderson Silvas size?

Now he is saying Silva is 230 pounds. Why cant people realize that Silva gets fat from eating junk when he is not training? It is not really fair to compare GSP at 195 pounds to a guy who balloons up in weight!!!!! In shape Silva is only about 200 pounds.

Now he is saying Silva is 230 pounds. Why cant people realize that Silva gets fat from eating junk when he is not training? It is not really fair to compare GSP at 195 pounds to a guy who balloons up in weight!!!!! In shape Silva is only about 200 pounds.

Shhhhhhhh

GSP is trying to make it sound like he is fighting Big Foot (Not the MMA fighter). He's just trying to save his *** for when/if he loses.

i just dont like how he when around sayin he wants to be know as the MJ of MMA...and every1 knows he can get thatif he fights silva but he keep tryin to not 2 make this fight happen....my question is would MJ ever back down from the chance to play again the best like larry bird, or bill russell or wilt in their prime...i think the anwser would be no

well his point is silvas bigger then him...but gsp has walked areound at 210 him self...not 195 everytime between fights

Really?? Do you have a link because I find it hard to believe that GSP walks around at 210? Considering he is always in shape, 210 seems like a lot. 195 is more like it

i just dont like how he when around sayin he wants to be know as the MJ of MMA...and every1 knows he can get thatif he fights silva but he keep tryin to not 2 make this fight happen....my question is would MJ ever back down from the chance to play again the best like larry bird' date=' or bill russell or wilt in their prime...i think the anwser would be no[/quote']

Really? Are you comparing basketball to MMA? One of these sports you are almost guaranteed to go home at the end of the night, (or out drinking) with no injuries. The other sport could get you ****ed up! Apples and oranges

He is making a point and a good one.

Silva is bigger than him.

Thats just a fact.

Yea, Just like the fact that GSP is bigger then most all the WW fighters he fights but he sure don't seem to complain about that

Yea' date=' Just like the fact that GSP is bigger then most all the WW fighters he fights but he sure don't seem to complain about that[/quote']

yah...the only person close to him was alves who walks around at 210-220 and for that fight gsp bulked up to 210 be4 the cut not his so called normal 195

off Season Anderson walk around at 220

andersonsilva205.jpg

Yep theres **** Andy at 205 look at the fat just rolling off him

yah...the only person close to him was alves who walks around at 210-220 and for that fight gsp bulked up to 210 be4 the cut not his so called normal 195

Plus size usually gives you the advantage in wrestling, and alves is a striker.

It's not rocket science. GSP doesn't wanna lose. I'm on team Silva 100 percent but if I was GSP, getting paid $500,000 a fight for putting on the kind of fights he does, and still gets considered the best in the world, I'd be pretty content. If he doesn't wanna submit his legacy as the best in the eyes of the hardcore fans, then so be it.

well his point is silvas bigger then him...but gsp has walked areound at 210 him self...not 195 everytime between fights

lol, I knew this was comming....congrats on being the 1st to finally put GSP over 200lbs. Soon, some people will actually have him being bigger than Anderson Silva :eek:

Please....please, when spouting insane numbers like this, provide the link where you obtained such nonsense.

I've been searching high and low and the heaviest I have seen him say he has been was 190lbs.(http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/2/17/1314353/georges-st-pierre-talks-about) Yet, on here, I have seen 193, 195, 197 and now 210 (all with no links to back them up). Now, I haven't said much about the weights in the 190s because they seemed plausible, but links would be nice cause I'm not seeing where these are comming from.

Atleast when I talk about Silva walking around between 220-230lbs, I provided a link where HE mentioned it:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4841/pound-for-pound-king-anderson-silva-speaks-with-his-strikes.mma

I think one of them should just totally miss the weight and fight anyway but if andy missed weight by a pound GSP would say im not fighting him. GSP=****

lol' date=' I knew this was comming....congrats on being the 1st to finally put GSP over 200lbs. Soon, some people will actually have him being bigger than Anderson Silva :eek:

Please....please, when spouting insane numbers like this, provide the link where you obtained such nonsense.

I've been searching high and low and the heaviest I have seen him say he has been was 190lbs.(http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/2/17/1314353/georges-st-pierre-talks-about) Yet, on here, I have seen 193, 195, 197 and now 210 (all with no links to back them up). Now, I haven't said much about the weights in the 190s because they seemed plausible, but links would be nice cause I'm not seeing where these are comming from.

Atleast when I talk about Silva walking around between 220-230lbs, I provided a link where HE mentioned it:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4841/pound-for-pound-king-anderson-silva-speaks-with-his-strikes.mma[/quote']

This! GSP has said on multiple occasions he is not even in the 190s. He walks around at 187.

He is making a point and a good one.

Silva is bigger than him.

Thats just a fact.

lol...GSP fans drive me nutz!!! anthony johnson is bigger than silva...would GSP cry about fighting him? griffin is the biggest lhw ever!!! Did silva ever mention how big he was.

gimme a break. I use to like george but it seems like ever since silva front kicked belfort, GSP has been hinting how he is scared to fight in the biggest fight in UFC history, and how much he rather fight the same guys over and over...

This! GSP has said on multiple occasions he is not even in the 190s. He walks around at 187.

you guyz sound like girls!!! bj pen walks around at 168 but he fought fitch( who is bigger than george) he even fought lyoto at HW!!! with that in mind bj has fought GSP, while bj walks around at 168, GSP walks around at187(acording to you) if that isnt a size advantage i dont know what is.

so if BJ can fight Fitch and gsp and countless other BIGGER GUYS. How come gsp cant fight one guy who is natrually bigger for the p4p title? i smell pudussy!!!

facts: a.silva= 6'2", 220 to 230lbs=stronger than Gsp=5'10", 187 to 190lbs tops=Gsp strength

< 30 to 40lbs less stronger than a.silva

Do the mma math, folks. it's not hard to figure out that a.silva is stronger and would ko Gsp

with a jab. remember he did it to griffin. :rolleyes:

The real question here is: Is GSP scared? Is he scared of losing? Is he afraid a loss may jeopardize his legacy which he has worked so hard on building?

I don't think GSP is afraid to fight Anderson but more importantly he is afraid a loss may affect his legacy.

hes scared watch ive been sayin for months hell throw the fight against sheilds so he has a reason to stay away from anderson wat a ***** yea i said *****.....b.i.t.c.h ha

lol...GSP fans drive me nutz!!! anthony johnson is bigger than silva...would GSP cry about fighting him? griffin is the biggest lhw ever!!! Did silva ever mention how big he was.

gimme a break. I use to like george but it seems like ever since silva front kicked belfort' date=' GSP has been hinting how he is scared to fight in the biggest fight in UFC history, and how much he rather fight the same guys over and over...[/quote']

Go back and watch/read his interviews since around 2009 when this topic began being thrown at him on a regular basis. He's pretty much always said the same things - way before that upkick.

Yes, he'd be happy to fight Anthony Johnson at 170lbs and would also be more than happy to fight Anderson Silva at 170lbs too :)

Griffin is nowhere near a top pound for pound fighter in the world, so that's apples to oranges. What do you think his overall ranking is at LHW? Somewhere between 8-10? Yet, GSP is expected to jump right into the title fight with the other guy people call p4p best on the planet with no critical thinking on it.

Look at who GSP is fighting....Jake Shields. A guy who was Strikeforces MW champion, who beat Dan Henderson, a guy who mmafighting had as their #2 behind Silva at MW last April.

He's never ducked anyone and isn't scared. If he moves up, he wants to do it correctly and if he can get Silva to move down some, it's smart. He fights to his opponents weaknesses and his strengths. He is stronger at 170 against Silva than he is at 185 against Silva.

facts: a.silva= 6'2"' date=' 220 to 230lbs=stronger than Gsp=5'10", 187 to 190lbs tops=Gsp strength

< 30 to 40lbs less stronger than a.silva

Do the mma math, folks. it's not hard to figure out that a.silva is stronger and would ko Gsp

with a jab. remember he did it to griffin. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Anthony johnson walks around at 240!!! so what, you guy arent making any sense.you do the math, when they step on the scale it will read that they both are 185, all this crying about how much a guy weighs when he is not fighting is dumb

Fact 1: SILVA SAID HE WANTED TO MOVED DOWN TO FIGHT GSP AT 170!!!!!!!

Fact 2: No video has shown that gsp has ever wanted to move up!

Fact 3: GSP is ranked as #1 on the P4P list SILVA is ranked #2 if you want to be the best you have to beat the best that means you SILVA move down to 170 period.

Fact 4: You SILVA Nut-huggers who all over his balls created this imaginary thing about GSP wanted to move up in weight to give you're favorite fighter an advantage period.

Fact 5: GSP has a better record than silver with less losses sorry but it's a fact.

Last and not least please stop telling you're self he is scared GSP can beat the **** out of anybody in this forum and just because you think you're an E-Thug don't try to act hard on the internet please! As GSP would say I am not impressed with you're comment's they lack value, facts, and reasoning. ;);)

Go back and watch/read his interviews since around 2009 when this topic began being thrown at him on a regular basis. He's pretty much always said the same things - way before that upkick.

Yes' date=' he'd be happy to fight Anthony Johnson at 170lbs and would also be more than happy to fight Anderson Silva at 170lbs too :)

Griffin is nowhere near a top pound for pound fighter in the world, so that's apples to oranges. What do you think his overall ranking is at LHW? Somewhere between 8-10? Yet, GSP is expected to jump right into the title fight with the other guy people call p4p best on the planet with no critical thinking on it.

Look at who GSP is fighting....Jake Shields. A guy who was Strikeforces MW champion, who beat Dan Henderson, a guy who mmafighting had as their #2 behind Silva at MW last April.

He's never ducked anyone and isn't scared. If he moves up, he wants to do it correctly and if he can get Silva to move down some, it's smart. He fights to his opponents weaknesses and his strengths. He is stronger at 170 against Silva than he is at 185 against Silva.[/quote']

first off griffin was the UFC LHW CHAMP the fight before silva and you want to write that win off? anyway my point was griffn could fight at HW and is easily 220lbs by fight night. like dana said "the best move up" BJ,SILVA, RANDY,EDGAR, ECT. all of these guy have all stood up to the challenge but g.s.p i mean egdar walksaround at 155 maynard walks around at 180 did edgar cry about it? no because he is a fighter and wants to prove himself. and get out of here with that "its smart" crap. and also gsp is #2 on the p4p rankings and even #1 in some peoples eyes( maybe they have pink eye) so for him to have all these resons why he may not fight him is asinine especially since there is no weight class between them

Fact 3: GSP is ranked as #1 on the P4P list SILVA is ranked #2 if you want to be the best you have to beat the best that means you SILVA move down to 170 period.

Fact 4: You SILVA Nut-huggers who all over his balls created this imaginary thing about GSP wanted to move up in weight to give you're favorite fighter an advantage period.

Fact 5: GSP has a better record than silver with less losses sorry but it's a fact.

Last and not least please stop telling you're self he is scared GSP can beat the **** out of anybody in this forum and just because you think you're an E-Thug don't try to act hard on the internet please! As GSP would say I am not impressed with you're comment's they lack value' date=' facts, and reasoning. ;);)[/quote']

your as gay as a flinstone time!!! dude haw can you be #1 p4p and you havnt finished anyone since 09' over a guy who is UNDEFEATED IN UFC...didnt GSP get ktfo by serra? and for a guy (or girl by the way you nug hutts) to talk about facts and say GSP 1 silva 2

after the guy(dana) who ranks the fighters(by giving title shots) says siva is the p4p in the world and then you jump on his website and tell everyone that your imaginary rakings are the facts...

GSP is trying to make it sound like he is fighting Big Foot (Not the MMA fighter). He's just trying to save his *** for when/if he loses.

+1

So why would he want to fight a guy who will beat him?

Why wont Silva face Sho-Gun.... Because he is scared?

So Silva is the top dog for beating a guy who is 15lb's less then him??

Weak argument....

Because he's scared.

hes scared watch ive been sayin for months hell throw the fight against sheilds so he has a reason to stay away from anderson wat a ***** yea i said *****.....b.i.t.c.h ha

Don't avoid the swear filter' date=' man.

So why would he want to fight a guy who will beat him?

Why wont Silva face Sho-Gun.... Because he is scared?

So Silva is the top dog for beating a guy who is 15lb's less then him??

Weak argument....

Has Silva ever been offered the fight with Shogun? Did Dana ever say "After X fight, I want Shogun and Silva to fight"? No, because Shogun has a LOT of matchups at 205 and Silva had to clean out his division. Now he has, and so has GSP. THAT is why this fight MUST happen.

And as for the weight argument, Sonnen weighs just as much if not more than Silva, and all the fighters come into the fight at around the same weight (about 195-200 for the bigger guys, and a little less for the smaller guys) so don't even bring that in here.

Not to mention that GSP has fought plenty of guys where he's had a 20lb weight advantage, so, weak argument..

Last and not least please stop telling you're self he is scared GSP can beat the **** out of anybody in this forum and just because you think you're an E-Thug don't try to act hard on the internet please! As GSP would say I am not impressed with you're comment's they lack value' date=' facts, and reasoning. ;);)[/quote']

Okay here's a fact for you.. Anderson Silva was Sherdogs P4P #1 for 38 months straight! GSP only dethroned him after his win against Kos. I'm sure once they update it, since it hasn't been updated since 12/22 Anderson will be back on top.

Another fact for you. Dana White and everyone else says Anderson is the P4P King, best fighter in the world ect. Why would they say that instead of GSP? GSP fights for the UFC and is younger and has a longer future with the company. Oh here's one more... GSP says Anderson is the best. GSP needs to move up and fight Silva.

If GSP fought Silva he would still have to cut weight to make MW. Talk about People being Anderson Fanboys... Pfft sounds like you have a worse case with GSP.

EDIT: I just checked Yahoo sports.. Yeah Anderson is number 1 there too.

Why does it really matter when Chael can beat both of them for the MW title!!!

Your love for the tool known as Chael is ridiculous.. You do know that he lost right? Do I need to start posting pics again?

Because he obviously beat Anderson when they fought.:rolleyes:

He may of dominated but he still lost.

yes' date=' i agree.

part II will settle it once and for all.

Chael vs Silva II or DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes' date=' i agree.

part II will settle it once and for all.

Chael vs Silva II or DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chael will never be able to beat a great bjj fighter, he thinks bjj is gay so he doesnt train it. Which is why he has 10 losses by sub.

From Wiki:

GSP: 5ft 10inches.

Silva: 6ft 2inches

thats a 4inch difference in height. If you also look, anderson is broader than GSP also. Ever wonder why Jon Jones ragdolls people at 205? Its because of the leverage he gets from his heigh advantage.

From Wiki:

thats a 4inch difference in height. If you also look' date=' anderson is broader than GSP also. Ever wonder why Jon Jones ragdolls people at 205? Its because of the leverage he gets from his heigh advantage.[/quote']

from wiki

matt serra: 5ft 6 inches

GSP: 5ft 10inches

and he beat gsp in the first round via knocking him down and finishing with GnP till gsp tapped.

now heres some more info:

silvas reach - 77.5 (according to ufc 97 tale of the tape)

gsp reach - 76 (according to ufc 100 tale of the tape)

matt serras reach - 68 (according to ufc 119 tale of the tape)

silvas has reach adv over gsp of 1.5 inches. Not much considering that reach is measured by the wingspan of the arms. gsp however had a 8 inch reach adv against serra and still lost their first fight

Also with the height (as you mentioned bones), if you take randy couture for an example. At 6ft 1 (according to wiki) he literraly dominates everyone in the wrestling aspect, and being 6ft 1 in lhw/hw it isnt even above average height. He fought tim sylvia (6ft8 according to wiki) with a height, weight and reach disadvantage. This shows u how much heart GSP really has (although u shouldve known this a long time ago when he tapped to serra)

from wiki

and he beat gsp in the first round via knocking him down and finishing with GnP till gsp tapped.

silvas has reach adv over gsp of 1.5 inches. Not much considering that reach is measured by the wingspan of the arms. gsp however had a 8 inch reach adv against serra and still lost their first fight

Also with the height (as you mentioned bones)' date=' if you take randy couture for an example. At 6ft 1 (according to wiki) he literraly dominates everyone in the wrestling aspect, and being 6ft 1 in lhw/hw it isnt even above average height. He fought tim sylvia (6ft8 according to wiki) with a height, weight and reach disadvantage. This shows u how much heart GSP really has (although u shouldve known this a long time ago when he tapped to serra)[/quote']

So much fail

Silva himself said he weighs 230lbs.

Therefore it's not an exaggeration, it's whats known as a fact.

Sorry to inform you but you failed, please try again (or don't, thx).

From Wiki:

thats a 4inch difference in height. If you also look' date=' anderson is broader than GSP also. Ever wonder why Jon Jones ragdolls people at 205? Its because of the leverage he gets from his heigh advantage.[/quote']

Coming from some who has actually wrestled, it's better to be short and stocky because you are stronger. You don't rag doll someone because you are tall, it's because he has proper technique. Being tall is a disadvantage for wrestling. GSP is 190-195 before cut, Silva is 200-205. GSP is probably already stronger than Silva is and will definately be by fight time. Their reach is like an inch apart btw. Size/Weight/Height is not a factor in this fight get it through your head. It's not even worth arguing. If someone was 4 inches taller than GSP in the WW division would you say that he has a clear advantage and shouldn't be fighting in that division? If this is true wouldn't everyone drop down a weight class so they can be taller then everyone else? No they wouldn't because they would be weaker and wouldn't be able to grapple or knock out opponents as well.

from wiki

Also with the height (as you mentioned bones)' date=' if you take randy couture for an example. At 6ft 1 (according to wiki) he literraly dominates everyone in the wrestling aspect, and being 6ft 1 in lhw/hw it isnt even above average height. He fought tim sylvia (6ft8 according to wiki) with a height, weight and reach disadvantage. This shows u how much heart GSP really has (although u shouldve known this a long time ago when he tapped to serra)[/quote']

whats the point of bringing up serra? that dude should fight at LW but its commendable that he chooses to fight at a higher weight class unlike Silva who decides to fight at a weightclass lower than his natural weight. (Silva is a natural 205er)

GSp is a natural WW so if some LWs feel like going up to challenge him then i dont see whats wrong for him to fight them, that doesnt mean GSP needs to go up from his natural weightclass and do the same.

and Serra won by a lucky flash ko, that can happen to anyone. and also couture got dominated by Brock mainly because of the size difference, so dont act like it doesnt matter. the only reason couture was competive in that fight despite of the size difference is cause brocks stand up is so horrible and the fact that brock had so little mma experience.

size matters, and height is more important than extra muscle. your height dictates how big your natural frame is, muscle is just a way to make you heavier without making your bone structure any bigger. extra muscles are useless for fighting other than when grappling.

a lean 6'2 fighter could very well be stronger than a bulked up 5'10er while also having longer reach and height which gives you leverage. the taller guy will also have an easier time cutting weight because of the lower muscle percentage. extra muscle can also make you slower and give you cardio problems, and increases the risk of getting lactic acid.

whats the point of bringing up serra? that dude should fight at LW but its commendable that he chooses to fight at a higher weight class unlike Silva who decides to fight at a weightclass lower than his natural weight. (Silva is a natural 205er)

GSp is a natural WW so if some LWs feel like going up to challenge him then i dont see whats wrong for him to fight them' date=' that doesnt mean GSP needs to go up from his natural weightclass and do the same.

and Serra won by a lucky flash ko, that can happen to anyone. and also couture got dominated by Brock mainly because of the size difference, so dont act like it doesnt matter. the only reason couture was competive in that fight despite of the size difference is cause brocks stand up is so horrible and the fact that brock had so little mma experience.

size matters, and height is more important than extra muscle. your height dictates how big your natural frame is, [b']muscle is just a way to make you heavier without making your bone structure any bigger.[/b] extra muscles are useless for fighting other than when grappling.

a lean 6'2 fighter could very well be stronger than a bulked up 5'10er while also having longer reach and height which gives you leverage. the taller guy will also have an easier time cutting weight because of the lower muscle percentage. extra muscle can also make you slower and give you cardio problems, and increases the risk of getting lactic acid.

There's no cure for retardation.