Anyone else notice Jones is turning into Diego Sanchez?

Hammer_Down

There are a lot of spiritual fighters in the UFC and fighters who believe a lot in mental preparation but JBJ with every fight is becoming more like Diego Sanchez. It seems like Jones is trying to mind**** himself into thinking he can overcome all odds and in his interviews its becoming more and more obvious he's not in the same area code as the rest of us when he talks. I think this is what happens when a mind over matter mentality consumes you. You start to suffer from dillusions of grandure and sound crazy. I wonder if the two of them listen to Tony Robbins tapes with one earphone each after practice together.

There are a lot of spiritual fighters in the UFC and fighters who believe a lot in mental preparation but JBJ with every fight is becoming more like Diego Sanchez. It seems like Jones is trying to mind**** himself into thinking he can overcome all odds and in his interviews its becoming more and more obvious he's not in the same area code as the rest of us when he talks. I think this is what happens when a mind over matter mentality consumes you. You start to suffer from dillusions of grandure and sound crazy. I wonder if the two of them listen to Tony Robbins tapes with one earphone each after practice together.

Sounds 'bout right. It should also be noted that Diego has the IQ of a lawn chair.

It happens to every young fighter who has a ton of success very quickly. Once he gets his first loss, he will come back down to earth.

You also have to understand that he doesn't come up with the stuff on his own, there are literally thousands of people who whisper greatness in his ear at all times. It will get to your head.

in a way' date=' Greg Jackson's camp is like the Scientology of MMA... all the fighters seem to have these weird esoteric rituals that they do...[/quote']

LOL @ This

if their scientology, can one of the British MMA gyms be christianity? Speaks loud, seems good, but is overall completely useless?

Archived