Jon Jones vs Chuck Liddell(in prime)

storm22

Vs. current Jones? Jones for sure.

Liddell was just a successful counter wrestler that was a better striker than the wrestling/jits based opponents he fought. Once he started losing his striking edge/faced better strikers we saw what happened. Or he lost to guys in his prime like Horn, Rampage (2x) and Couture, and even Jardine.

Jones is the new breed. I have been a fan for a long time. I'm priding myself on not only knowing the past but more importantly recognizing talent of the future.

Jones today beats Liddell on his best day.

Well Chuck had unreal takedown defense so he would force guys to stand up with him. Chuck would've done the same with Bones' date=' and when your standing with Chuck it was just a matter of time before your face first taking a nap.

Iceman by (T)KO round 3.[/quote']

Unless you're... Evans, Rampage (twice), Jardine (glass jaw), Shogun, Franklin.

And let's see Liddell last win: Wanderlei, who stood with Liddell for 3 rounds without being KO'ed, actually Liddell took him down! Or poked Randy in the eye and then hit him. But hey he did beat up Tito!

Vs. current Jones? Jones for sure.

Liddell was just a successful counter wrestler that was a better striker than the wrestling/jits based opponents he fought. Once he started losing his striking edge/faced better strikers we saw what happened. Or he lost to guys in his prime like Horn' date=' Rampage (2x) and Couture, and even Jardine.

Jones is the new breed. I have been a fan for a long time. I'm priding myself on not only knowing the past but more importantly recognizing talent of the future.

Jones today beats Liddell on his best day.[/quote']

Dot dot dot.

When Chuck had a chin?

His TTD is one of the bests. Jones would get murdered imo. He wouldn't be able to deal with Chuck rushing him. He also wouldn't be able to take him down imo so hes screwed. I hope Jones gets killed this weekend. Because when you truly look at it, Jones has beaten no one.

Stephan Bonnar- He was weak in this fight. Look gassed and didn't look like the GREAT guy he is today. Sure he has had great improvement, but it was an old stephan bonnar. Good but not great fighter.

Ryan Bader- Who did Bader beat to make him undefeated? A guy who couldn't hold his sport in the UFC....Keith Jardine. And he almost lost. (well could have very easily if Jardine wasn't so passed his prime). But that doesn't matter about that fight. Bader is a good fighter and didn't look good against Bones and hasn't fought any TOP UFC guys yet other than Jones who is now horribly fighting for the belt.

Matt Hamill- He punished him, but Matt wasn't doing so bad until those illegal ones hit him. I dont know but i think if Jones looses and Hamill wins his next fight they should have a true rematch. I know Hamill wouldn't like it because of how bad it looked like it hurt, but this win truly wasn't that great either. Hamill isnt a superstar.

Ill tell you what. If Jones can win the belt this weekend. I will be shocked. I don't think hes ready. I think hes gonna get hit in the mouth like he never has and he will get beaten up. Hes very ****y. He feels unstoppable and hes not. Hopefully he will find that out.

If he wins, than Rashad will DEMOLISH him. I had Rashad killing Shogun. I think Rashad would have no problem beating Jones. But if Jones wins in a regular way.

than.. GOOD FOR JONES. you are truly a great fighter

If he wins in a Devestating way

than... I might just believe all the hype. I don't think he has a chance at completely taking Shoguns belt though.

When Chuck had a chin?

His TTD is one of the bests. Jones would get murdered imo. He wouldn't be able to deal with Chuck rushing him. He also wouldn't be able to take him down imo so hes screwed. I hope Jones gets killed this weekend. Because when you truly look at it' date=' Jones has beaten no one.

Stephan Bonnar- He was weak in this fight. Look gassed and didn't look like the GREAT guy he is today. Sure he has had great improvement, but it was an old stephan bonnar. Good but not great fighter.

Ryan Bader- Who did Bader beat to make him undefeated? A guy who couldn't hold his sport in the UFC....Keith Jardine. And he almost lost. (well could have very easily if Jardine wasn't so passed his prime). But that doesn't matter about that fight. Bader is a good fighter and didn't look good against Bones and hasn't fought any TOP UFC guys yet other than Jones who is now horribly fighting for the belt.

Matt Hamill- He punished him, but Matt wasn't doing so bad until those illegal ones hit him. I dont know but i think if Jones looses and Hamill wins his next fight they should have a true rematch. I know Hamill wouldn't like it because of how bad it looked like it hurt, but this win truly wasn't that great either. Hamill isnt a superstar.

Ill tell you what. If Jones can win the belt this weekend. I will be shocked. I don't think hes ready. I think hes gonna get hit in the mouth like he never has and he will get beaten up. Hes very ****y. He feels unstoppable and hes not. Hopefully he will find that out.

If he wins, than Rashad will DEMOLISH him. I had Rashad killing Shogun. I think Rashad would have no problem beating Jones. But if Jones wins in a regular way.

than.. GOOD FOR JONES. you are truly a great fighter

If he wins in a Devestating way

than... I might just believe all the hype. I don't think he has a chance at completely taking Shoguns belt though.[/quote']

all nice and that but jones rashad best buddies and training partners so they will never fight

all nice and that but jones rashad best buddies and training partners so they will never fight

A bit behind on MMA news?

Rashad has moved to a different camp. Lately they have been saying that they would fight each other. Now it looks like they WANT to fight each other.

If the fight ever happens, I think Bones would destroy Sugar.

Archived