Jon Jones, please stand up

bluesy

Shogun fans are kidding themselves.........

Bones is the new breed of fighter, the kind of fighter who will become the standard in the UFC over the next few years.

Shogun is the past, a great fighter, when not all fighters were great.

Shogun is in for a wakeup call and so are his fan boys. Jones will walk thru Shogun

Shogun fans are kidding themselves.........

Bones is the new breed of fighter' date=' the kind of fighter who will become the standard in the UFC over the next few years.

Shogun is the past, a great fighter, when not all fighters were great.

Shogun is in for a wakeup call and so are his fan boys. Jones will walk thru Shogun[/quote']

You do realize that Shogun trained with Wanderlei&A.Silve in Chute Box and is 29 yrs old right?Machida was a new breed of fighter too.I just hope Shogun's knee and cardio are good.

What's more laughable than that question is all the Shogun fanboys who don't see a resemblance from Bones now and Shogun in the beginning of his career.

Same age going for a title... ya. But Shogun was wrecking guys, KO'ing them, Jones, not so much. Sure he's dominating people, but he hasn't knocked anyone out cold, Shogun on the other hand.......

Same age going for a title... ya. But Shogun was wrecking guys' date=' KO'ing them, Jones, not so much. Sure he's dominating people, but he hasn't knocked anyone out cold, Shogun on the other hand.......[/quote']

'Kay, so he hasn't really KO'd anyone...so what? He's finished all but two of his fights, even the one he DQ'ed himself in, he finished it lol. Plus, Shogun himself only has 5 KO's in 23 fights, and Bones already has 2.

In his time spent in the UFC Octagon, he has almost been in 0 danger. He has always been in control, and done what he has wanted to, kinda like a video game character. Rua can't exactly say the same, though it's not quite fair as Rua has faced far more fighters.

'Kay' date=' so he hasn't really KO'd anyone...so what? He's finished all but two of his fights, even the one he DQ'ed himself in, he finished it lol. Plus, Shogun himself only has 5 KO's in 23 fights, and Bones already has 2.

In his time spent in the UFC Octagon, he has almost been in 0 danger. He has always been in control, and done what he has wanted to, kinda like a video game character. Rua can't exactly say the same, though it's not quite fair as Rua has faced far more fighters.[/quote']

Shogun has 5 and Bones has 2? That doesn't make sense. How do you know that Jones has put 2 people out cold? Have you seen all of his fights, even the ones outside of the UFC? Also do you know for a fact that out of Shogun's 16 (t)ko's only 5 guys went out cold?

Ok, so I guess you are looking at Sherdog, it does say Shogun has 5 ko's. Either way, 84.21% of Shogun's wins are from (t)ko and Jones 58.33%. Put it this way, Shogun is going to clean Jon Jones' clock.

Shogun has 5 and Bones has 2? That doesn't make sense. How do you know that Jones has put 2 people out cold? Have you seen all of his fights' date=' even the ones outside of the UFC? Also do you know for a fact that out of Shogun's 16 (t)ko's only 5 guys went out cold?

Ok, so I guess you are looking at Sherdog, it does say Shogun has 5 ko's. Either way, 84.21% of Shogun's wins are from (t)ko and Jones 58.33%. Put it this way, Shogun is going to clean Jon Jones' clock.[/quote']

Percentages and what not mean nothing going into a fight. Otherwise Shane Carwin would have mathematically dismantled Brock Lesnar in one round, and get the win. Didn't happen.

All I have to say is Shogun isn't getting any younger. His health has been an issue for him in the past few years, and his current UFC stint hasn't been as impressive as everyone makes it out to be. He's had two impressive showings against Machida, that's it. Unless you count the gimmie KO of Chuck, which most people don't, or at least shouldn't.

I'm not saying Jones is gonna wreck Shogun, nor do I think Shogun is gonna WTFBBQ KO him either in under a second like the ****s would like to believe. I'm just pointing out some things that most people ignore.

Percentages and what not mean nothing going into a fight. Otherwise Shane Carwin would have mathematically dismantled Brock Lesnar in one round' date=' and get the win. Didn't happen.

All I have to say is Shogun isn't getting any younger. His health has been an issue for him in the past few years, and his current UFC stint hasn't been as impressive as everyone makes it out to be. He's had two impressive showings against Machida, that's it. Unless you count the gimmie KO of Chuck, which most people don't, or at least shouldn't.

I'm not saying Jones is gonna wreck Shogun, nor do I think Shogun is gonna WTFBBQ KO him either in under a second like the ****s would like to believe. I'm just pointing out some things that most people ignore.[/quote']

Sig bet?

Sure' date=' I don't mind. Though I'm not really as active a member as I have usually been.

Your's can be "I thought Rua would wreck Bones, but instead I got Bone'd by Jones"

Only cause your a huge Shogun fan it appears[/quote']

K if I win put "Slam_Man is a very knowledgable MMA fan"

'Kay' date=' so he hasn't really KO'd anyone...so what? He's finished all but two of his fights, even the one he DQ'ed himself in, he finished it lol. Plus, Shogun himself only has 5 KO's in 23 fights, and Bones already has 2.

In his time spent in the UFC Octagon, he has almost been in 0 danger. He has always been in control, and done what he has wanted to, kinda like a video game character. Rua can't exactly say the same, though it's not quite fair as Rua has faced far more fighters.[/quote']

And he still has been in 0 danger, ladies and gentlemen.

Sig bet?

Will you please stand up?

Archived