is there anything in the bible...

Ichigo

Its a sin in the old testament' date=' thus Jewish people hold very strongly to it. However, the true sabbath is Saturday, and if you believe in new testament, God acknowledges were not perfect and Our sins have been paid for with Jesus' blood.[/quote']

So essentially, Jesus is a get out of jail free card for the old Jewish sins?

Interesting.

saying about a repercussion (not sure if this is the correct spelling) for working on the Sabbath day?

It's interesting to note that while there are some "brands" of Christianity that are heavily invested in "honoring the sabbath day," that the Jewish sabbath was not one consistent, particular calender day of the week. Yes you had the weekly sabbath day of rest, but there were other "sabbaths" also incorporated into the Jewish law that "reset the clock," as it were, and would change the calender day of the week for the weekly sabbath.

In the New Testament, the rigor of honoring a specific day of the week, was replaced with a more flexible, "Honor God at least once a week on a day of your choosing." (Rom. 14:5-6)

Edit: The myth that THEE sabbath day is saturday comes from God having taken six days to re-habitate the Earth and then resting on the seventh, which saturday is the seventh calender day.

It's interesting to note that while there are some "brands" of Christianity that are heavily invested in "honoring the sabbath day' date='" that the Jewish sabbath was not one consistent, particular calender day of the week. Yes you had the weekly sabbath day of rest, but there were other "sabbaths" also incorporated into the Jewish law that "reset the clock," as it were, and would change the calender day of the week for the weekly sabbath.

In the New Testament, the rigor of honoring a specific day of the week, was replaced with a more flexible, "Honor God at least once a week on a day of your choosing." (Rom. 14:5-6)[/quote']

i see

the guy i was speaking to said something about god saying anybody breaking the sabbath day ruling would be eternally damned or some ****e

haha good question

Lana lang got stronger and got heat vision when she bit clark when he was weakend due to Kryptonite so maybe

brilliant deduction cayne. if i had to venture a guess; i'd say they would implode from the jesus essence; similar to regular humans attempting to do the drug "charlie sheen" & then having their face melt off and their children weeping over their exploded body.

It's interesting to note that while there are some "brands" of Christianity that are heavily invested in "honoring the sabbath day' date='" that the Jewish sabbath was not one consistent, particular calender day of the week. Yes you had the weekly sabbath day of rest, but there were other "sabbaths" also incorporated into the Jewish law that "reset the clock," as it were, and would change the calender day of the week for the weekly sabbath.

[b']In the New Testament, the rigor of honoring a specific day of the week, was replaced with a more flexible, "Honor God at least once a week on a day of your choosing." (Rom. 14:5-6)[/b]

Edit: The myth that THEE sabbath day is saturday comes from God having taken six days to re-habitate the Earth and then resting on the seventh, which saturday is the seventh calender day.

not really.. I think that passage means that one day is not so much as important as it is to simply honor God always.

not really.. I think that passage means that one day is not so much as important as it is to simply honor God always.

While that is certainly important, this was specifically addressing hair-splitting of the Jewish Law, which was a favorite pasttime of the Jewish leaders in that day, many of whom were converted, and brought that bad habit with them.

It was also to puncuate how the work of the Cross had fulfilled, and thus ended, keeping the Law as a means of righteousness.