The Fact that there hasnt been a serious injury or death in mma is a curse

dimension33

IMO...all it will take is one serious injury or death in a UFC event...(IMO that is BOUND to happen at some point) and it will deal a serious blow to the expansion of MMA...kind of like the perfect wife that gets got cheating is gonna do more damage to her reputation than the ****** wife that gets caught cheating...because it hasnt happened yet...when it does it will get played out as a big deal...you got to know that UFC is competition with any other sport out there including WWE and they will harp on the incident when it happens to try and damage the UFC and keep them from taking over...HOW CAN IT NOT BE LEGAL IN NEW YORK YET???? has to be some powers at work behind the scenes

the longer it takes the better cuz the stronger the ufc is when it happends the better it can defend it self...think of if a death happen pre zuffa the sport would be dead...like how some guy said 80 deaths happened since 98 i still follow boxing and i dint know that and why do u think that is...its becuz boxing is strong enough to defend itself

anything can happen at anytime' date=' i could die because i look up because i think it is raining and actually its just a bird pooping on me and out of shock/whatever i run and get hit by a car... should birds and cars be banned?[/quote']

^what this fella said

x

Couple amateur fighters have died' date=' that recent one in the news was that super tall white guy from the south, but I think they said he had something wrong with his brain, and I think his record was like 1-4, most by KO[/quote']

the thing about amateur fights are that they don't have the greatest ringside doctors or medical care for the fighters. The ufc has the best and the athletic commisions always does check ups on the fighters before and after fights, gives out medical suspentions, drug tests and all.

That is a grim subject. To consider this a curse instead of a blessing is unbelievable. I for one hope there are no serious injuries or deaths in MMA. The refs and doctors do a good job at protecting the fighters. Let's always hope for good competetion where the fighters always leave the cage able to come back again. Thanks to all the fighter who sacrifice their health for our entertainment!

Eh, if a death happens in the UFC or any PRO MMA, it's definitely going to be a freak accident. All these guys have to be in good shape to fight, most commissions I believe won't let you fight if your not in good or perfect health. So you can forget guys with like heart or brain problems.

The reason so many boxers have died is cause they go 12 rounds each fight taking shots to only the head and body, but mostly to the head. You've all heard the storys of guys with brain problems and what not dying later after a fight or that one guy who died in MSG, inside the ring. Again, these guys aren't fit to fight.

The only reason someone might die from say a vicious headkick or right hook is the reasons I already listed. So unless someone accidentally slams someone and they land the wrong way in a freak accident, I don't really see it happening.

That is a grim subject. To consider this a curse instead of a blessing is unbelievable. I for one hope there are no serious injuries or deaths in MMA. The refs and doctors do a good job at protecting the fighters. Let's always hope for good competetion where the fighters always leave the cage able to come back again. Thanks to all the fighter who sacrifice their health for our entertainment!

save your self-righteous indignation for thanking guys for getting their brains beat in for your entertainment...dont turn it into something it wasnt...my point was is that is gonna happen eventually as it does in any sport...and given that it hasnt happened the impact would be a lot larger to the sport because people are retarded...if you actually read what I said you would realize that I wasnt WISHING ILL upon anyone just stating the obvious fact that if it had already happened it may not be as big of a blow and as big of ammunition for the opposition (vince mcmahon etc)

Archived