Miller Vs. Shalorus

MMAinMSG

Who ya Got I Got Miller by Decision but i see Shalorus getting in a late flurry

Shalorus has some pretty heavy hands and very powerful leg kicks , with a lot of confidence in his striking ability. He has a very high pedigree of wrestling to avoid Jim Millers BJJ with so I think this will be a big test for Miller to see what he has on his feet and how he'll handle the pressure Shalorus will put on him. I obviously have to give the advantage to Miller just off experience and opponents, but he has never seriously impressed me.

This could be a huge win and confidence boost for Shalorus though , he has the style to pull the upset.

Shalorus has some pretty heavy hands and very powerful leg kicks ' date=' with a[b'] lot of confidence in his striking ability[/b]. He has a very high pedigree of wrestling to avoid Jim Millers BJJ with so I think this will be a big test for Miller to see what he has on his feet and how he'll handle the pressure Shalorus will put on him. I obviously have to give the advantage to Miller just off experience and opponents, but he has never seriously impressed me.

That's what I don't like about him. He seems to get a little comfortable with his wild haymakers. I fear that if he tries that with Miller, he'll get picked apart.

That's what I don't like about him. He seems to get a little comfortable with his wild haymakers. I fear that if he tries that with Miller' date=' he'll get picked apart.[/quote']

The only way Shalorus gets picked apart standing with Miller is if he gasses , which is very possible considering their levels as fighters and athletes , elite training and experience is a large gap. I don't think Jim will be able to pick him apart because of the haymakers because if that would start happening he'd start launching power roundhouses and inside leg kicks. Shalorus has a major power advantage in this fight I think aggression and confidence will be his key to get the upset. Otherwise Miller will control the pace and turn it into his fight , gas him out and win a technical decision.

The only way Shalorus gets picked apart standing with Miller is if he gasses ' date=' which is very possible considering their levels as fighters and athletes , elite training and experience is a large gap. I don't think Jim will be able to pick him apart because of the haymakers because if that would start happening he'd start launching power roundhouses and inside leg kicks. Shalorus has a major power advantage in this fight I think aggression and confidence will be his key to get the upset. Otherwise Miller will control the pace and turn it into his fight , gas him out and win a technical decision.[/quote']

Yeah, Shalorus has got quite the power advantage.

I just have a bad feeling that Miller will coast off a stiff jab, and make Shalorus swing at air.

Yeah' date=' Shalorus has got quite the power advantage.

I just have a bad feeling that Miller will coast off a stiff jab, and make Shalorus swing at air.[/quote']

We can hope he knocks that gross mustache off his face.

On a side note if all fails with his hands he can rely on his leg kicks and combining powerful and sloppy muay thai combinations. If striking in general fails, he can take Jim Miller down , but that is dangerous territory but definitely a plan C.

Miller's striking is vastly underrated. He's only been outstruck once, in the Maynard fight, when he looked off from the get go. He's outstruck every other opponent, including Bang Ludwig who is a far more accomplished striker than Kamal. He's also got good power, having dropped or rocked several of his UFC opponents.

Archived