How many top 10 LHWs Has The "Champ" Shobum Rua Beat In The Past 5 Years?

Pessimist_Pete

lets ask, who's opponents have achieved more in the last 5 years

shoguns victims:

overeem, strikeforce, dream, k1 hw champ considered #1/2 hw

machida, ufc champ, was undefeated. considered in #2 triangle at lhw (machida rampage rashad)

rampage, ufc champ. as above

liddell, last dominant champ of ufc lhw title retired now, was considered #1 for years

bones victims

stephan bonnar, ultimate fighter finalist not in top 10

ryan bader, ultimate fighter winner. maybe, MAYBE #10 at best

So he will still be an overated sub-top five guy who was handed a title shot.

during tha time who deserved it then? rampage? he denied it for movie... rashad? he got his *** handed to him? thiago? he just got demolished by machida....who the **** else dumb ***? L2MMa speak

• 5 months later...
That was at least 5 years ago

i see you twist the facts in order to support your argument. fact is he steamrolled through the pride 205lb division and got off to a rocky start in the ufc, but was still able to defeat chuck liddell who was in a no.1 contender fight before that, and the man that defeated chuck went on to capture the title.

So IMO Chuck was top 10 at the time. Machida obviously was top 10.

i see you twist the facts in order to support your argument. fact is he steamrolled through the pride 205lb division and got off to a rocky start in the ufc' date=' but was still able to defeat chuck liddell who was in a no.1 contender fight before that, and the man that defeated chuck went on to capture the title.

So IMO Chuck was top 10 at the time. Machida obviously was top 10.[/quote']

You think chuck was top 10 after losing to rampage, Evans, and the techno Viking? Hmmm

You think chuck was top 10 after losing to rampage' date=' Evans, and the techno Viking? Hmmm[/quote']

well believe it or not, jardine was once not too bad a fighter, and the fact is liddell was coming off a thrilling win over wanderlei before being upset by rashad. If chuck had of won that fight he would have gotten the shot against forrest, and imo chuck would smash forrest. Rashad can also be to blame for DESTROYING chuck's chin. To think that such a pivotal moment can be found where he could have the title should indicate at that time his potential and his place in the top 10, maybe not top 5, but def top 10 imo at that time.

well believe it or not' date=' [b']jardine was once not too bad a fighter[/b], and the fact is liddell was coming off a thrilling win over wanderlei before being upset by rashad. If chuck had of won that fight he would have gotten the shot against forrest, and imo chuck would smash forrest. Rashad can also be to blame for DESTROYING chuck's chin. To think that such a pivotal moment can be found where he could have the title should indicate at that time his potential and his place in the top 10, maybe not top 5, but def top 10 imo at that time.

It's true. I just think he had some really bad luck in his closing fights.

• 11 months later...
Here are a few:

Jones

Hendo

Bader

Glover

Gustaffson

Evans

Davis

Those guys are up and comers, in time maybe Shogun will fight them. How many of those guys have veterans like Rashad, Rampage or Machida fought?

Shogun fought the top guys of his time like Lil Nog, Rampage, Arona, Machida, Overeem etc. and beat them all

Unfortunately he's aging fast and possibly close to retirement

Oh, and I don't want to take the fun out of your thread Pete, I know you make threads about every fighter without discriminating.

Those guys are up and comers' date=' in time maybe Shogun will fight them. How many of those guys have veterans like Rashad, Rampage or Machida fought?

Shogun fought the top guys of his time like Lil Nog, Rampage, Arona, Machida, Overeem etc. and beat them all

Unfortunately he's aging fast and possibly close to retirement

Oh, and I don't want to take the fun out of your thread Pete, I know you make threads about every fighter without discriminating.[/quote']

I'm glad you agree with me that Shogun has only one notable win in the past 7 years.

Archived