PENN vs FITCH 2

CBrumm

depends, if Penn tries to submit him again he will lose, but if he goes for the KO he could win, this should be for the WW Title (is GSP vacates it)

card looks good

BJ Penn vs Jon Fitch

(People thought it was boring last time, some good technical fighting, Fitch looked pretty knowledgable on the ground)

G-Sot vs Dunham

(can't wait)

Guillard vs Roller

(Melvin via KO)

depends' date=' if Penn tries to submit him again he will lose, but if he goes for the KO he could win, this should be for the WW Title (is GSP vacates it)

card looks good

BJ Penn vs Jon Fitch

(People thought it was boring last time, some good technical fighting, Fitch looked pretty knowledgable on the ground)

G-Sot vs Dunham

(can't wait)

Guillard vs Roller

(Melvin via KO)[/quote']

Agree 100% with all of this^^^

Fitch by decision. Penn only really had that much success in the last fight because he surprised him with his takedowns but the element of surprise is gone now' date=' so i think Fitch should be able to grind out a decision.[/quote']

Yup. Fitch like the rest of us has no clue he was going to be going for takedowns right at the start, he admitted it in the post conference, he did zero training for that.

More then that though, I think BJ has once again given up. That 3rd round beating changed his whole attitude, he expected to lose when it was announced. He didn't sound like he wanted a rematch at all when asked about it. Same attitude with the edgar fight and rematch talk.

I would say decision, but penn will probably give up his back or a triangle and tap with little effort in the 1st. That sounds bad, I really want bj to win, but if he gets trapped on bottom in the first, hes gonna look for a way out.

Yup. Fitch like the rest of us has no clue he was going to be going for takedowns right at the start' date=' he admitted it in the post conference, he did zero training for that.

More then that though, I think BJ has once again given up. That 3rd round beating changed his whole attitude, he expected to lose when it was announced. He didn't sound like he wanted a rematch at all when asked about it. Same attitude with the edgar fight and rematch talk.

I would say decision, but penn will probably give up his back or a triangle and tap with little effort in the 1st. That sounds bad, I really want bj to win, but if he gets trapped on bottom in the first, hes gonna look for a way out.[/quote']

BJ has never and WILL never get subbed, u crazy? i see penn by close decision or by sub rd 2...

As much as I hate to say it I think Penn did just about as good as he could off in the first fight with the gas tank that he has at WW and I think if that was a five round title fight it would of been a corner stoppage right there. BJ wasn't gonna come out again imo.

As a contest you could make the argument that BJ edged out the second round and the third round wasn't dominant enough for a 10-8. I actually agree with this but at the same time, you could see by the end who the real winner of the fight was.

In a five round fight I would say this.....BJ either finishes it in the first two rounds or he will get mauled and probably lose by corner stoppage like the GSP fight. In a three round fight he has a much better chance but I think that Fitch will grind out the decision.

I liked the first fight' date=' but I hope this isn't going to be headlining the main event.[/quote']

I agree, but this is on the July card which is one of the biggest cards of the year so I highly doubt that it will be. They always have a big main event for this card. The last two years it was Lesnar. The year before that it was Rampage/Griffin.

I think they will use Penn/Fitch as a big co-main event.

I agree' date=' but this is on the July card which is one of the biggest cards of the year so I highly doubt that it will be. They always have a big main event for this card. The last two years it was Lesnar. The year before that it was Rampage/Griffin.

I think they will use Penn/Fitch as a big co-main event.[/quote']

Not really, Brock vs Carwin was co-mained with Leben vs Akiyama, the one before was UFC 100 so that was obviously gonna be big, Jackson vs Griffin is equal to Penn vs Fitch and that card was co-mained by Almeida vs Cote - only 100 was stacked

Who do you have>?

I have Fitch by UD....Not to excited for this fight again.

I want BJ tho' date=' even though if he does lose I still don't think he'll retire

Fight is set for UFC 132, also along with G-Sots and Dunham

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-131-fight-card-updates[/quote']

Fitch, please try to finish. At least try. BJ...i can't stand you.

Archived