Matt Hughes: "GSP is not a great wrestler." Says Kos would eat him up pure wrestling.

Emrig

Well this is true. So stop jumping all over Hughes for saying it.

Hell' date=' even when GSP was lighting Kos up with a jab all day, he still couldn't secure a decent takedown. Imagine if Kos only had to worry about the takedown, it would have been embarrassing for GSP.[/quote']

isn't koscheck the wrestler? doesn't hughes think he is much better then st.pierre? because where was that in the fight. koscheck didn't do ****. hughes should just gtfo with that jive talk.

What a dumb *** Hughes is.....

Are they thinking of renaming the UFC' date=' UWC or something? He's a freekin' idiot

That's why he keeps losing......

Maybe Hughes should learn the rules next time before stepping in the octogon.

Bone head[/quote']

well he never said he was the better fighter or mixed martial artist did he.

well he never said he was the better fighter or mixed martial artist did he.

The sign above the marquee says UFC. Last I heard it was an MMA organisation?

Hughes decides to ***** on GSP in an MMA interview....typical classless Hughes

If GSP is a worse 'wrestler' than Kos, who gives a ****....he should save his opinion for his jock buddies

im jumping on hughes because of his retard menatlity. like he's a huge ****ing **** in real life....personal life i guess. he takes his ...10-30 fans for granted, pretends to be some sort of super celebrity when most casual fans dont even know who the **** he is, and he is a sore *** loser

im jumping on hughes because of his retard menatlity. like he's a huge ****ing **** in real life....personal life i guess. he takes his ...10-30 fans for granted' date=' pretends to be some sort of super celebrity when most casual fans dont even know who the **** he is, and he is a sore *** loser[/quote']

oh totally i mean hughes is such a sore loser that he went all the way to hawaii to help train bj penn for his fight it doesn't get any more butt hurt than that

Interesting comments from Hughes: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Matt-Hughes-talks-BJ-Penn' date='-GSP,-Jon-Fitch,-and-his-future-in-the-sport.html

Thoughts?[/quote']

It was a very interesting read. He maybe right about GSP's wrestling, but that remains to be seen. I personally feel that at GSP's point in his career right now that if he was to go to the wrestling mat he would be just as dominate because he is a true student of the sport. As far as the BJ/ Fitch fight I do agree with him that BJ won that fight.

Guess its a good thing this isn't wrestling then' date=' it's MMA. MMA wrestling is different because you have more than one thing to worry about. Hints he beat Alves at striking when Alves is clearly the better striker but was so worried about the takedown he couldn't defend well. He beat Kos at wrestling because he was worried about the striking. Welcome to MIXED Martial Arts, where GSP is best.[/quote']

Actually, GSP did NOT beat Kos at wrestling in their match. Kos stuffed two, and the other two TDs he got right back up from, and I do believe he took GSP down, and GSP didn't bounce right back up.

Unless of course you're referring to their first fight. If that's the case, disregard everything I just said.

Actually' date=' GSP did NOT beat Kos at wrestling in their match. Kos stuffed two, and the other two TDs he got right back up from, and I do believe he took GSP down, and GSP didn't bounce right back up.

Unless of course you're referring to their first fight. If that's the case, disregard everything I just said.[/quote']

I don't think it would be easy for Koscheck even in pure wrestling, although he would probably be a little better

Kos probably is a better wrestler, but GSP uses his wrestling skills better in MMA.

In the second fight I dont think GSP was able to get Koscheck down, whereas Koscheck got GSP down once in the first. After that I think he was too messed up to even make a decent shot.

I agree' date=' GSP is like a fish out of water when it hits the floor.

His takedowns.. Weak, his TDD is even worse. It's clear he just has no idea how to control people on the ground or how to get them there.[/quote']

if the above is true; where the **** was any type of offence mounted against gsp in their fight|? koscheck is the superior wrestler yet he didn't do **** all to control the fight? go figure. he should have just taken gsp down with his weak TDD. it's so clear as he got his orbital smashed he chose to stand there & take damage... :rolleyes:

Well this is true. So stop jumping all over Hughes for saying it.

Hell' date=' even when GSP was lighting Kos up with a jab all day, he still couldn't secure a decent takedown. Imagine if Kos only had to worry about the takedown, it would have been embarrassing for GSP.[/quote']

stop jumping on hughes morons

gsp has very good wrestling' date=' but if he was to meet kos or hughes in a PURE wrestling contest he would lose.

he has very exposive techniquely sound takedowns, which transfers perfectly to mma.

it's not like hughes said he wasn't a great fighter or anything like that.[/quote']

No one was disputing the truth of his statement. Every person (GSP fan or not) who has common sense would agree that a person with a HUGE wrestling experience, and excellent record is likely the better pure wrestler.

The people you guys thing were jumpin on Hughes were just saying: "Well, DUH"... there's a difference :cool:

His takedowns.. Weak, his TDD is even worse. It's clear he just has no idea how to control people on the ground or how to get them there.[/quote']

Agreed. GSP Completely clueless when it comes the ground game.

;)

What a dumb *** Hughes is.....

Are they thinking of renaming the UFC' date=' UWC or something? He's a freekin' idiot

[b']That's why he keeps losing......[/b]

Maybe Hughes should learn the rules next time before stepping in the octogon.

Bone head

WTF are you talking about?

He's 3-1 in his last 4 fights, and two of wins were stoppages.

Some of you should read the interview. He was complimenting GSP and said that on a westling mat his wrestling wouldn't be as good. Give him a break.

he is right kos is a better pure wrestler but i dont think it would be a total beatdown if they had a match

It was a very interesting read. He maybe right about GSP's wrestling' date=' but that remains to be seen. I personally feel that at GSP's point in his career right now that if he was to go to the wrestling mat he would be just as dominate because he is a true student of the sport. As far as the BJ/ Fitch fight I do agree with him that BJ won that fight.[/quote']

the learning curve in wrestling is almost none its like a linare line the guy with the most experience will almost always win...kos has clocked in so many hour of wrestling time its crazy hhis houres are over a year im sure maybe more

matt hughes is a ***** deal with it

this is true its sad that hes such a **** that he tries to say statments every1 knows and tries to make it an insult...every1 knows kos is the beater wrestler hands down but gso could beat them both in an mma match in one day...gsp has the best mma wrestling and most would agree

I bet GSP could mop the floor with him in a wrestling match though.

no he would not. you will see this is true when or if gsp trys4 the 2012 olympics..(kos never mad it that far he tried but failed)

nope gsp proved he was better wrestler first time they fought

i proved he was the better mma wrestler

and proved he was the better striker the second time

yes this is true...kos never had great striking just power...his over hand right is very powerful but no technique thats why he dont land it to often

WTF are you talking about?

He's 3-1 in his last 4 fights' date=' and two of wins were stoppages.[/quote']

Yeah, yeah. And he's 4-4 in his last 8. He talks more **** than Bisping. He has no respect and for that reason deserves little respect.

He's a legend who's had his day. Line up the bums and Hughes will take care of them.

Give him a challenge and he'll get KTFO in 20 seconds

thats like sayin a guy in mma(has no awards in BJJ) is fighting a BJJ NAGA champion in GI and the fight hit the ground a few times and controled him well is a better BJJ GI fighter then the NAGA champ(this is an comparasion becuz u said gsp who has not awards or championships in the wrestling world is better then the pure wrestler Kos who has many championships over and the comparison of GI to no-GI is like mma wrestling to college wrestling

Yeah' date=' yeah. And he's 4-4 in his last 8. He talks more **** than Bisping. He has no respect and for that reason deserves little respect.

He's a legend who's had his day. Line up the bums and Hughes will take care of them.

Give him a challenge and he'll get KTFO in 20 seconds[/quote']

i agree but not in such a mean way

well.. GSP trains with some of the best wrestlers in the world and it was them who suggested the idea that GSP could wrestle for the olympics at some point... GSP wouldn't be as dominant as a wrestler as he is a MMA fighter, that's for sure. But to say he would get smashed in a wrestling match is a bit too much... maybe he would lose but he wouldn't get totaly owned like Hughes seems to think.

oh totally i mean hughes is such a sore loser that he went all the way to hawaii to help train bj penn for his fight it doesn't get any more butt hurt than that

Yea, he and his daughter went all the way to Hawaii at BJ's expense and were treated to great time. It's not like he went on his own dime out of the goodness of his heart. I'd have gone too.

I love Matt Hughes. I still rank him near the top of the UFC WW. But to hear read this interview was sad. Sounds like sour grapes.

Didn't GSP dominate Hughes on the ground in their last fight? Didn't GSP dominate both Koscheck and Fitch on the ground?

What the hell is Hughes talking out his butt for? Didn't GSP use his wrestling to G&P BJ Penn in their last fight? If Penn is such a BJJ submission master, how did GSP dominate him on the ground?

Hughes lost credibility with me for that interview. And I'm a huge Hughes fan.

I love Matt Hughes. I still rank him near the top of the UFC WW. But to hear read this interview was sad. Sounds like sour grapes.

Didn't GSP dominate Hughes on the ground in their last fight? Didn't GSP dominate both Koscheck and Fitch on the ground?

What the hell is Hughes talking out his butt for? Didn't GSP use his wrestling to G&P BJ Penn in their last fight? If Penn is such a BJJ submission master' date=' how did GSP dominate him on the ground?

Hughes lost credibility with me for that interview. And I'm a huge Hughes fan.[/quote']

he beat kos and fitch on the gound cuz its mma not pure wrestling...Kos would beat GSP in a match(not by far im think 8-4)..and maybe fitch to(not as sure as i am with kos though)...and with BJ come on we all saw the grease(im not sayin bj would win now though)

Matt Hughes really hates GSP doesn't he? He just always keeps trying to find a new way to talk bad about him' date=' he knows GSP has taken over as the all-time best WW in MMA history and it kills him on the inside.[/quote']

i think he really does not like GSP 4 some reason...i remember when matt beat him the first time he was talkin junk bout him at a dinner like he was not even there say stuff like"wow he cant even defend a armbar" its funny how gsp tapped him in an armbar

the thing about GSP is that he has more than just skill, but he is easily the most athletic in his division and arguably the most athletic in the sport... he not only is putting in the hard work and training required to develop the skill and technique and absorb it like a sponge, but he has the complete physical ability to pull off what he knows... sure Kos has a lot more experience, which might suggest that Kos might have more skill, but GSP is simply just that much stronger, faster and agile with the cardio to keep that going for much longer than anyone else... the fact that GSP is constantly training with Olympic trainers plays a large part in that too...

honestly, I think if there was a pure wrestling match between the two, GSP would still very likely win, simply because there is more to the situation than just experience... GSP puts in the hard work, is constantly learning and developing his skills, and has the ability to out perform Kos on a physical level ten hold...

Yeah dude, his TD and TDD is horribly weak. He only succeeds with what 78% of the TD? And he defends TD's at an 86% clip. WEAK! Hang yourself you moron. Don't worry about hell, cuz God will see it as a mercy kill, being you are such a hopeless waste of life.

i dont think kos would wipe the floor with him in a wrestling match. kos has always relied on his strength in wrestling and has always ( still to this day) tried to play catch up with his stand up and bjj. how much does kos even train in wrestling anymore? im sure he does abit but he probably focuses much more on his weaker areas. who trains him and who does he train with? i dont know but i do know its not near the caliber of who gsp trains with (canadian olympic wrestling team). i think gsp has focused alot more on his wrestling in recent years to the point he is being pushed by the canadian olympic commitee to compete in the 2012 olympics, if he wasnt a medal threat why would they want him to go?

I lol'd hard when GSP was rumored to be training for the Canadian Olympic team. Because A he isn't a good wrestler as soon as striking is taken out of it and B he would still probably make the joke of a team that is the Canada National wrestling team.

Edit: Also C the amount of people on this forum who are so MMA elite and don't know the first thing about wrestling.

Archived