question for all the grapplers out there

jduk

a lot of people say shoguns weakness is fighting off his back, and jones is the superior wrestler, shogun the superior bjj artist.

my question is which is harder to defend, the shoot takedown or the greco roman style clinch takedowns?

my personal experience is that the shoot is harder to defend, having done judo for several years (as has shogun). does this maybe take the edge of jones' advantage?

i know that jones outwrestled bader but bader is more of a shoot wrestler than a greco wrestler.

opinions and thoughts

a lot of people say shoguns weakness is fighting off his back' date=' and jones is the superior wrestler, shogun the superior bjj artist.

my question is which is harder to defend, the shoot takedown or the greco roman style clinch takedowns?

my personal experience is that the shoot is harder to defend, having done judo for several years (as has shogun). does this maybe take the edge of jones' advantage?

i know that jones outwrestled bader but bader is more of a shoot wrestler than a greco wrestler.

opinions and thoughts[/quote']

shogun has horrible takedown defense though.

And what the problem is is his knee usually gives out after getting taken down sometimes ala Shogun/Coleman 1.

shogun has horrible takedown defense though.

And what the problem is is his knee usually gives out after getting taken down sometimes ala Shogun/Coleman 1.

that was his elbow, presumably he has worked on his takedown defence. i think the main problem he has is the thai stance that he uses, its a high stance and it makes it easier for someone to control your centrepoint

that was his elbow' date=' presumably he has worked on his takedown defence. i think the main problem he has is the thai stance that he uses, its a high stance and it makes it easier for someone to control your centrepoint[/quote']

True , that being said though i think Jones will need to stay out of guard positions and try to stay in side control or other dominant positions or he runs the risk of being submitted. heck dont even go for the back IMO shogun could do what rocha did to McCray and pull of a kneebar.

Archived