Wtf

Pelham

I dont know how I can get Dana and Joe silva to read this, but i wish they would.

I don't want to speak for everyone, but I DO NOT WANT TO SEE BJ PENN VS JOHN FITCH 2. I buy every UFC, but i will not buy this one if you put it on. I just seen the fight was made for UFC 132 and all i can say is STUPID.

You have Fitch who is a grinder and crying for a title shot every time we see him anywhere. As much as Fitch said he was going to try and finish BJ in the first fight he proved that he only wants to grind out a win via D by not trying anything in the third round of their first fight.

Now you have BJ, who does not give a **** about a title shot and just wants to get in there and fight. I love BJ I do not want to see him retire. I want to see BJ fight someone like Kampmen, Josh K, Brian Stann or Chris Lytle. Someone that is going to make BJ's last few fights, fights to remember !

The fact that you made Penn vs Fitch 2 blows me away. WTF are you thinking !!!!

Two people who care about 2 different things at this point.

Two different people whos styles clash and make for a less exciting fight.

WHY DANA WHY?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Well it's not really the two's styles that make it boring, it's Fitch that makes every fight against anyone boring. The fact that he wants to "grind" is a clear indication that he is trying to be boring. Although I hate watching Fitch fight, he has to fight someone and it might as well be BJ since it was a draw. Hopefully BJ amps up his cardio some more and doesn't try to wrestle this time.

I dont know how I can get Dana and Joe silva to read this' date=' but i wish they would.

I don't want to speak for everyone, but I DO NOT WANT TO SEE BJ PENN VS JOHN FITCH 2. I buy every UFC, but i will not buy this one if you put it on. I just seen the fight was made for UFC 132 and all i can say is STUPID.

You have Fitch who is a grinder and crying for a title shot every time we see him anywhere. As much as Fitch said he was going to try and finish BJ in the first fight he proved that he only wants to grind out a win via D by not trying anything in the third round of their first fight.

Now you have BJ, who does not give a **** about a title shot and just wants to get in there and fight. I love BJ I do not want to see him retire. I want to see BJ fight someone like Kampmen, Josh K, Brian Stann or Chris Lytle. Someone that is going to make BJ's last few fights, fights to remember !

The fact that you made Penn vs Fitch 2 blows me away. WTF are you thinking !!!![/quote']

This fight has to happen again, cause Fitch got screwed by 2 of the judges and they gave it a draw. So we all get to see Fitch pick up where he left off now...beating the tar out of Penn.

If by "not doing anything" in that 3rd round means unleashing around 150 strikes on your opponent, then I'm not sure what you expect. Since you are a BJ fan, you should know he isn't an easy guy for anyone to finish.

And while we are on the topic of "not doing anything" in the 3rd round, how many strikes did he land again? What exactly did BJ do except lay there absorbing damage while trying to hang on and survive to a decision?

Don't hate on the guy who DID do something just cause you're not a fan of him.

This fight has to happen again' date=' cause Fitch got screwed by 2 of the judges and they gave it a draw. So we all get to see Fitch pick up where he left off now...beating the tar out of Penn.

If by "not doing anything" in that 3rd round means unleashing around 150 strikes on your opponent, then I'm not sure what you expect. Since you are a BJ fan, you should know he isn't an easy guy for anyone to finish.

And while we are on the topic of "not doing anything" in the 3rd round, how many strikes did he land again? What exactly did BJ do except lay there absorbing damage while trying to hang on and survive to a decision?

Don't hate on the guy who DID do something just cause you're not a fan of him.[/quote']

Sorry dude, but Fitch didn't get screwed by anyone, BJ won those first two rounds.

This fight has to happen again' date=' cause Fitch got screwed by 2 of the judges and they gave it a draw. So we all get to see Fitch pick up where he left off now...beating the tar out of Penn.

Don't hate on the guy who DID do something just cause you're not a fan of him.[/quote']

wow, first of all bj won those 2 rounds first decisive second was close but bj did more on the cards....and the third round was not 10-8...if anything fitch got lucky...

dude serious look, fitch yea landed 150 strikes....and did not finish? im not talking out cold, thats not gonna happen but enough to stop the fight...fitch should have finished that fight in the third, i expected it but instead it was wet blanket central...fitch doesnt finish becouse he doesnt want to, not becouse he cant becouse he can but becouse he dsnt want to...bj had bad cardio well know! but fitch is sad...period....

if u pull out chael sonnen i will say the same thing except that sonnen has pillow fists....

Just keep telling yourself that..lol BJ won the 1st round' date=' but not the 2nd IMO.

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/02/fitch-vs-penn-official-ufc-statistics.html[/quote']

oh and btw, strikes dnt mean anything, bj had 1 td, 1 back mount, and 1 sub attmt and he cut fitch...fitch had 1 td(which bj got up from) and a reversal to a neutral position(no points) oh and **** gnp in guard....seriously u give it to fitch?how does that make sense?

wow' date=' first of all bj won those 2 rounds first decisive second was close but bj did more on the cards....and the third round was not 10-8...if anything fitch got lucky...

dude serious look, fitch yea landed 150 strikes....and did not finish? im not talking out cold, thats not gonna happen but enough to stop the fight...fitch should have finished that fight in the third, i expected it but instead it was wet blanket central...fitch doesnt finish becouse he doesnt want to, not becouse he cant becouse he can but becouse he dsnt want to...bj had bad cardio well know! but fitch is sad...period....

if u pull out chael sonnen i will say the same thing except that sonnen has pillow fists....[/quote']

How do you call landing 150 shots a wet blanket?

Look at round 2 and tell me how BJ did more on the cards?

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/02/fitch-vs-penn-official-ufc-statistics.html

I guarantee you that Fitch wanted to finish that fight.

If I was to levy any criticism of Fitch in this fight, it would be what I thought might happen (and said so before the fight on these forums), he was slow to get started in this fight and it cost him early. Bj is just the opposite, so I pretty much knew the 1st and 3rd were going 1 to each guy and the 2nd would be the deciding factor.

I just think Fitch won that 2nd round and thus should have won this fight.

How do you call landing 150 shots a wet blanket?

Look at round 2 and tell me how BJ did more on the cards?

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/02/fitch-vs-penn-official-ufc-statistics.html

I guarantee you that Fitch wanted to finish that fight.

If I was to levy any criticism of Fitch in this fight' date=' it would be what I thought might happen (and said so before the fight on these forums), he was slow to get started in this fight and it cost him early. Bj is just the opposite, so I pretty much knew the 1st and 3rd were going 1 to each guy and the 2nd would be the deciding factor.

I just think Fitch won that 2nd round and thus should have won this fight.[/quote']

yes 150 **** strikes is wet blanket, again read my above sttmt to the other guy(my bad it was you lol)

oh and btw' date=' strikes dnt mean anything, bj had 1 td, 1 back mount, and 1 sub attmt and he cut fitch...fitch had 1 td(which bj got up from) and a reversal to a neutral position(no points) oh and **** gnp in guard....seriously u give it to fitch?how does that make sense?[/quote']

One of the judges did too. FightMetric scored it the same way as did MDS of MMAFighting.com. Many people did and others saw it your way.

The fact that we are back having this conversation is testiment as to why this rematch has to happen. Nothing got settled in their fight...that's why draws suck and need to be redone.

Hopefully someone gets the finish next time and there's no excuses on either side and each guy can move forward. As it is now, the draw leaves them in limbo til it's settled.

One of the judges did too. FightMetric scored it the same way as did MDS of MMAFighting.com. Many people did and others saw it your way.

The fact that we are back having this conversation is testiment as to why this rematch has to happen. Nothing got settled in their fight...that's why draws suck and need to be redone.

Hopefully someone gets the finish next time and there's no excuses on either side and each guy can move forward. As it is now' date=' the draw leaves them in limbo til it's settled.[/quote']

i agree for once! the only issue i got is that fitch states ALL THE TIME" i wanna finish, its not gonna go to decision" yet he does the same thing over and over, fitch is an amazing fighter and would own ppl if he just took a chance or to, and guess what he woulda had that title shot and maybe even won the second time!!but no, he goes for the D and his system failed him for once...

i agree for once! the only issue i got is that fitch states ALL THE TIME" i wanna finish' date=' its not gonna go to decision" yet he does the same thing over and over, fitch is an amazing fighter and would own ppl if he just took a chance or to, and guess what he woulda had that title shot and maybe even won the second time!!but no, he goes for the D and his system failed him for once...[/quote']

He failed the system, and by the sustem I mean anyone who ever payed money to watch him fight.

Having this rematch is the most sensible thing to do. Its the only way to find a clear number 1 contender, if you don't like it then just don't watch it. It wouldn't be smart to make this match a main eventer though, it needs to be part of a stacked card with a strong main event. As for the first match I really enjoyed it and I had it scored as a draw as well.

This rematch has to happen, they're two of the best fighters in all of MMA and their first fight ended in a draw (the correct decision IMO). Hopefully this is only the co-main event this time, they should put a title fight over it as the main event.

If BJ actually works harder and gets himself in better shape with better cardio he will and should win, his cardio was his undoing last time and it will be again if he doesn't fix it.

As crap as I think the 2nd fight is gonna be, it has to happen. So *****ing about your ******* itch and irritation is pretty much retarded. You're not important and are clearly too stupid to realize that win 2 top contenders fight to a draw, they have to fight again to see who is the higher ranked fighter. Regardless, you're not important and I'm sure Dana and Joe would both piss on your opinion. In fact, I'm really surprised you mother carried you to term.

I dont know how I can get Dana and Joe silva to read this' date=' but i wish they would.

The fact that you made Penn vs Fitch 2 blows me away. WTF are you thinking !!!![/quote']

Why should this fight not happen? I don't think it should be a main event again, but it needs to happen. The fight came to a draw and it needs to be resolved. There needed to be a clear winner for this fight because after GSP beats Jake Shields and possibly moves up for the superfight, somebody else needs to step in and fight for the title. The fact that BJ may not be super hungry for a title shot doesn't mean anything, he's a good fighter and Fitch needed a good opponent. Also, Brian Stann is a Middleweight, why would these two be fighting?

who deserves who does not matter here. Why would they make this fight' date=' I just don't get it.

This and even the last fight makes no sence. WHY??????????????

All my friends who watch ufc said the same thing! WTF[/quote']

Not to be a **** or anything, but you and your friends opinions mean nothing to Dana White and Joe Silva. The first fight was not that boring if you ask me. Just because there was no KO or Sub doesn't mean it was a boring fight. And to say Fitch wasn't trying to finish is dumb. He was trying too hard to finish if you ask me. He absolutely demolished BJ in the last round.

The UFC is about providing entertainment, and therefore making $.

If most of the fans don't want to see Penn v Fitch 2 then why should they bother to put it on? Who cares if it was a draw or not, there are plenty of 170 guys wanting a title shot.

Speaking for myself I have no interest in watching Fitch press his extra 20 pounds on top of BJ for three rounds. Yawn.

I say make Fitch fight Kos.

This rematch DOES NOT HAVE TO HAPPEN, why should it? BJ does not want a title shot he just wants to fight.

If BJ loses he may retire. Then one of the best ever will retire with a borning fight

STUPID

WHY DANA WHY????????????????????????????

This rematch DOES NOT HAVE TO HAPPEN' date=' why should it? BJ does not want a title shot he just wants to fight.

If BJ loses he may retire. Then one of the best ever will retire with a borning fight

STUPID

WHY DANA WHY????????????????????????????[/quote']

Psssst I think your ?? button is stuck maybe you should reboot your PC man.

in the pre fight Fitch said he is always looking for the finish and was going to finish BJ. well he had his chance and he played it safe.

I got nothing against Fitch, but this fight should not happen and i am going to ***** about it untill July 2.

in the pre fight Fitch said he is always looking for the finish and was going to finish BJ. well he had his chance and he played it safe.

I got nothing against Fitch' date=' but this fight should not happen and i am going to ***** about it untill July 2.[/quote']

Yay just what we need someone else to flood the forums with anger about crap we can't controll. Thats awsome man tell me how it works out for ya remember try to avoid the swear filter at all times and keep posting gif's of the first fight. (This will be a sure way for Dana to notice you!)

Not to be a **** or anything' date=' but you and your friends opinions mean nothing to Dana White and Joe Silva. The first fight was not that boring if you ask me. Just because there was no KO or Sub doesn't mean it was a boring fight. And to say Fitch wasn't trying to finish is dumb. He was trying too hard to finish if you ask me. He absolutely demolished BJ in the last round.[/quote']

If he were trying to finish then he wouldn't have sat in guard for an entire round. He would have tried to advance his position so he could posture up for proper gnp or attempted subs if he wanted to finish.

Archived