Where are all the Jake Shields fans?

Shady_Champ

I only want Shields to win if GSP is gonna **** out against Silva.. Otherwise I will actually cheer for safeboy.

He won't though, its not the safe thing to do. His big whine was weight but now Anderson offers the fight at a catch weight. Wonder what his excuse will be now?

I only want Shields to win if GSP is gonna **** out against Silva.. Otherwise I will actually cheer for safeboy.

Safe in the sense that he takes no damage, no dangerous risks for his opponents to capitalize on, doesn't lose position and constantly has the upper hand in every fight. Never looks like losing, is always in the winning end of the equation.

Yes, that GSP sure does suck at fighting. Why can't we have more backyard brawlers.

Safe as in the sense of fighting Anderson Silva isn't the safe thing to do for his physical health and his legacy.

Dunno if you heard, he still has to fight Shields. Then add on weight to fight Silva if it goes ahead, even with the catchweight, Silva is still a significantly bigger dude on the fightnight.

Just facts, don't be hating.

Safe in the sense that he takes no damage' date=' no dangerous risks for his opponents to capitalize on, doesn't lose position and constantly has the upper hand in every fight. Never looks like losing, is always in the winning end of the equation.

Yes, that GSP sure does suck at fighting. Why can't we have more backyard brawlers.[/quote']

Why are you crying about people calling gsp safe? He calls himself safe. Pay attention to mma some ; )

Why are you crying about people calling gsp safe? He calls himself safe. Pay attention to mma some ; )

I'm crying? Nope.

The term safe is actually impressive in the realm of cage fighting. It means he can avoid physical damage and dole it out. Which he always does. Hence he doesn't end up on the wrong end of a beatdown (Sonnen) or running from someone's BJJ (Maia).

Don't be hatin' brah.

I'm crying? Nope.

The term safe is actually impressive in the realm of cage fighting. It means he can avoid physical damage and dole it out. Which he always does. Hence he doesn't end up on the wrong end of a beatdown (Sonnen) or running from someone's BJJ (Maia).

Don't be hatin' brah.

Only a grease boy fan would attempt to make fighting safe a good thing.

Only a grease boy fan would attempt to make fighting safe a good thing.

Ask Jon Fitch how fighting safe feels.

Or a BJ (future HOF) that quit. Or a veteran HOF, and once upon a time most dominant WW, how safe it feels to have his arm ripped off.

Or ask Serra how safe it feels to curl into a ball while he has his ribs perforated.

I could go on.

I'd be on this bandwagon, the Kampmann performance was awful. Shields came in with a 1 round gas tank and fought basically to a tie.

That's not the Jake Shields of old - unless that Shields has made a MASSIVE leap back in to cardio form, he has virtually no chance and would get finished (yes GSP may actually finish a fight).

I'd be on this bandwagon' date=' the Kampmann performance was awful. Shields came in with a 1 round gas tank and fought basically to a tie.

That's not the Jake Shields of old - unless that Shields has made a MASSIVE leap back in to cardio form, he has virtually no chance and would get finished (yes GSP may actually finish a fight).[/quote']

imo the cut hurt him. Hopefully he is used to it now.

I'm crying? Nope.

Don't be hatin' brah.

It's not impressive at all. GSP is so calculated it just isn't that exciting to watch. He even stood practically the whole time with Koscheck and just jabbed away at him. He is dominant but far from the most entertaining fighter.

It's not impressive at all. GSP is so calculated it just isn't that exciting to watch. He even stood practically the whole time with Koscheck and just jabbed away at him. He is dominant but far from the most entertaining fighter.

I never said he was the most entertaining. He isn't, not to casual fans or fans that only like to see full on striking wars.

That doesn't make him a worse fighter, or rank him lower on the p4p list.

i want jake to wim but im being real about it...who has better BJJ jake but his BJJ is ment to be used with his wrestling(its like subwrestling but more off ur gaurd stuff)...but with gsp wrestling control and his subD(i think it is really underrated) he will have no problem with jakes strength...and whos the better striker so i even need to say...who has the better coaching.GSP...who has the better cardioGSP(jake has good cardio but GSP has never gassed in a 5round fight)...whos the better athlete im guessing GSP

GSP vs Shields is almost pointless. its gonna be just like the 2nd Koscheck fight.

GSP is afraid of the Silva fight' date=' He should be amped up to try and win 2 titles at once. Instead hes crying about the weight difference.

GSP is leaving a pretty crappy "legacy" for himself[/quote']

For starters tard, GSP never once said he wouldn't fight Silva. Just that he'd need to put on healthy weight, which he can't do until after the Shields fight. How the **** is using good sense being afraid? And about his crappy legacy, yeah being a 2 time champ and having been champ for almost 3 years is pretty ******. Seriously dude, do yourself a favor and quit life, retard.

Safe in the sense that he takes no damage' date=' no dangerous risks for his opponents to capitalize on, doesn't lose position and constantly has the upper hand in every fight. Never looks like losing, is always in the winning end of the equation.[/b']

Yes, that GSP sure does suck at fighting. Why can't we have more backyard brawlers.

+1 million..

people will never understand.

Jake Shields' performance does not impress me. When i can't sleep I imagine him fighting Jon Fitch and it's zzzzzzzzz........ Fitch would beat him handily though and we all saw what GSP did to Fitch. Then there's the trailer park attitude Shield's and his moronic posse seem so proud of so I can't really see many being his fan.

GSP vs Shields is almost pointless. its gonna be just like the 2nd Koscheck fight.

GSP is afraid of the Silva fight' date=' He should be amped up to try and win 2 titles at once. Instead hes crying about the weight difference.

[b']GSP is leaving a pretty crappy "legacy" for himself[/b]

That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in awhile and just proves you are a hater.

Safe in the sense that he takes no damage' date=' no dangerous risks for his opponents to capitalize on, doesn't lose position and constantly has the upper hand in every fight. Never looks like losing, is always in the winning end of the equation.

Yes, that GSP sure does suck at fighting. Why can't we have more backyard brawlers.[/quote']

It's the reason why boxing is dying, and mma will die too if everyone starts fighting safe. It's the difference between winning and not losing. Fighters should be trying to finish fights whether by submission or TKO/KO.

Archived