Shogun's manager goes off and I commend him!!

dimension33

Very valid point. At first I picked Jones' date=' but then when I started thinking about it...I asked myself....WHY am I picking Jones? He hasnt accomplished 1/10th of what Shogun has yet.

You know why I picked Jones? I let the hype get to me. I let all the media, his attitude, all get to me.

Its absolutely absurd that Jones is the almost 2 to 1 favorite.

Shogun via TKO. It will be good for Jones I think. I hate to say it, but I think hes letting all the hype get into his head. Maybe Im wrong, we will all see this Saturday

[/quote']

I couldn't agree more with that comment in the comment box of the video.

Damn, only 6 weeks since this fight was announced and it has generated so much attention.....albeit without any trash talking....pretty impressive....but Shogun fans are odd, I gotta say it.... all I've heard in support of Shogun is that Bones hasn't fought anyone in the top 10 and Shogun via destruction.....Shogun fans seem a lot more opinionated than Bones' fans....hmmmm....it seems like the only way Bones will get his respect is by completely dominating Shogun....and I guaaaaaaaarantee you guys will still find something stupid to say if he does

Damn' date=' only 6 weeks since this fight was announced and it has generated so much attention.....albeit without any trash talking....pretty impressive....but Shogun fans are odd, I gotta say it.... all I've heard in support of Shogun is that Bones hasn't fought anyone in the top 10 and Shogun via destruction.....Shogun fans seem a lot more opinionated than Bones' fans....hmmmm....it seems like the only way Bones will get his respect is by completely dominating Shogun....and I guaaaaaaaarantee you guys will still find something stupid to say if he does[/quote']

Bones could very well live up to the hype. I honestly believe he is the future of the sport.

But, his competition level has not exactly been the best.

Shogun is a proven fighter, and while his time in the UFC started off slow, the last 3 fights have been him getting back up to his old self. Will he show up, he should.

But MMA fans should recognize that Bones is still untested and Rua is a HUGE threat to everyone, even on a bad night.

I think Rua will win, but Bones will put on a good show and the people who think Bones is all hype will see that he is a little hype with a lot of natural skill who still needs more work and experience.

This place will be a ghost town if bones whoops that asss. I love how bones is such a bad guy around here cuz he believes in himself.

I dont think anyone would anything bad to say if he just believed in himself. Confidence is good, people like other people who are confident. Being arrogant and delusional are another thing completely. A challenger saying "I will be the champ" and "I'm already the champ" are very different.

This place will be a ghost town if bones whoops that asss. I love how bones is such a bad guy around here cuz he believes in himself.

Yeah apparently, people don't like you if you believe in yourself or if media pundits like to interview you because you have television personality....

I should write down all the dorks that have been bad mouthing him, so that if he does win I can tell them to leave this forum forever

Damn' date=' only 6 weeks since this fight was announced and it has generated so much attention.....albeit without any trash talking....pretty impressive....but Shogun fans are odd, I gotta say it.... all I've heard in support of Shogun is that Bones hasn't fought anyone in the top 10 and Shogun via destruction.....Shogun fans seem a lot more opinionated than Bones' fans....hmmmm....it seems like the only way Bones will get his respect is by completely dominating Shogun....and I guaaaaaaaarantee you guys will still find something stupid to say if he does[/quote']

if jones wins it'll be because shogun had ring rust.

but in all seriousness i could see jones coming with the upset' date=' but i hope shogun gets the tko or ko[/quote']

If Jones loses in anyway but an extremely close fight I'll be sad...he really seems to be to the next generation of superstar to carry the torch...he stands out more than anyone else...it's like, imagine if Vitor didn't have his fall from grace....or Vera (though Vera doesn't really compare to Vitor)....what I'm saying is, the UFC needs that Tyson-esque young, breakout star to transcend the sport...the UFC, and MMA for that matter, needs Jones to win saturday night

Shogun-is-the-best-fighter-in-the-world-Whats-his-record-in-the-UFC.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Inception

Lmao +1

I think it's amazing how Shogun's manager summed this up better than I ever could and English isn't even his native language.

I have really come to like Shogun's manager, and I always compare him to Anderson Silva's. Shogun's seems to be much more humble and in tune with reality. As a translator he is much clearer in his punctuation and grammar.

Lmao +1

I think it's amazing how Shogun's manager summed this up better than I ever could and English isn't even his native language.

I have really come to like Shogun's manager' date=' and I always compare him to Anderson Silva's. Shogun's seems to be much more humble and in tune with reality. As a translator he is much clearer in his punctuation and grammar.[/quote']

I agree he killed it. I also don't understand the 2 to 1 odds at all. I thought the betting line would actually be close to even.

I think Shogun's manager actually has a pretty good grasp on what's going on. People have Bones as the favorite and his biggest win is Bader... and I don't think that compares to the wins Shogun has (Rampage, Overeem, Machida <---KO's by the way). I can understand Shogun's frustration feeling a little overlooked by ****y Jon Jones.

The only legitimate reason I can see people picking Bones would be based off Shogun's inconsistencies as a fighter (injuries).

By the way, if Jon Jones eats a few of Shogun's leg kicks he is going to be hurtin' big time because his legs are about as big around as broom sticks while Shogun's look like tree trunks.

good interview' date=' shogun's manager made some really good points

WAR Shogun![/quote']

I have to agree.

I can't wait for this fight as I really have no idea how it's going to go down. I do know though, that Shogun will have a chip on his shoulder and something to prove to all these people putting him at a 2-1 underdog along with Jones already signing "Champ 2011".

I think we'll be seeing a very motivated Shogun. Will that be enough? We'll see...can't wait!

i just dont understand why bones is so confident fighting all the cans in the ufc, he beat bonnar....vera....vlad...and bader who im sorry to say but the onle "decent guy he's fought was lil nog, and he had a difficult time in that fight. people forget shogun ends lives

It was a good interview, but I tend to think that the same thing coming from Ed Soares would draw much hate. I'm not trying to turn this into a Silva v. Rua thread just making an observation. I think he is correct in his thoughts. I do not know if Jones is ready for the style of aggression that Rua brings as Jones has not fought someone touted as highly in the strinking department as Rua is. He has fought decent strikers, but Rua is in the elite class in that department (as far as MMA strikers go) and to say anything else is delusional. Jones will lose in the stand up. If it goes to the ground, which I feel it will (off a caught leg kick) we will see how much improved Ruas submissions are.

Archived