Machida vs Jones

SKN_TTK

I agree with you for sure! I think Machida would def win against jon jones! Jones wouldnt be able to get away with alot of his different techniques he uses, machida would counter all day...

Also i cant believe some of these people that thinks jones is going to walk through shogun. People are retarded.

I think machida would win as well. Jones' standup and movement is far to sloppy for him to be effective in the striking against machida, and lytot is a very good wretler/grappler in his own right. I( think Jones would just chanse machida and hit air the whole fight, and even if he got a hold of lyoto, which I doubt would happen, I think Machida would be able to shrug him off and stuff the TD

Machida via UD.

imo

He would just say that he has already won his fight against Machida before it even happens.

Cawky little pr!ck.

Hahaha too funny.

"I don't need breakfast today, I feel in my soul I've already eaten it. I just think it's crazy."

"Boss, pay me early, I feel in my soul that I've already done the work. I just think it's crazy."

I think machida would be too fast, elusive, and would chop him down. Hes simple, perfected technique has been years of karate/mma evolution. Too much for Jones athleticism right now....hes too young.

Not to say hes got no shot. id just put my money on machida. 3/1 odds. in 2 years, ask me this again....****, maybe tomorrow night!

Machida. I think Machida has a far superior chance of beating Jones then Shogun does actually.

I like to think of Machida as the completed and fully tested Bones Jones type of fighter.

I agree... styles do make fights... just like Shogun's MT has an inherent advantage over Machida's karate, Machida's karate and judo have an inherent advantage over wrestlers...

I've got Machida here.

Awesome TDD' date=' incredibly elusive and fast, great technique, KO power, etc.[/quote']

Jones - Can take down wrestlers who are very good. Takedowns in UFC are actually 100% Percent as he has taken down everyone everytime he tried.

Jones - Took Down Great Wrestlers like Hamill and Bader with extreme ease. Could take down rampage imo. Rampage took machida down.

Jones - Can take down wrestlers who are very good. Takedowns in UFC are actually 100% Percent as he has taken down everyone everytime he tried.

Jones - Took Down Great Wrestlers like Hamill and Bader with extreme ease. Could take down rampage imo. Rampage took machida down.

Soooo... Banana hammock?

LOL, just thought about this fight when before I saw the thread! I think Machida has a better chans against Jones than Shogun does. Not because hes a better fighter, but just as many of youve already pointed out, styles make fights. I think a patient Machida would catch Jones with punches when Jones doing all his crazy moves. So either a KO or UD for Machida.

Also my dream fight in the UFC at the moment, probably rather see this one than Anderson vs GSP.

If Machida beats Couture he cant be more than one more fight away from a title fight. He would be in the mix with Evans, Rampage (if he wins vs Hamill), maybe Silva as well if hes cleared from all the ped's...205 division is always interesting!

I hope we get to see this fight. If Machida beats Couture and Jones loses to Shogun' date=' these two might very well be matched up (depending on what the UFC wants to do with Rampage).[/quote']

Exactly what I was thinking. What if he wins? Will he fight Evans? Heck we could even see Machida/Shogun 4 for all we know but Jones/Machida would be sick.

Archived