Is anyone backing Cro-cop tonight?

Rebellion

I'm not gonna say Cro-cop is washed up - but he's deffinately past his best. I really don't expect much of him tonight, even against Schaub.

He weighed in at 229lbs for this fight, and he doesn't exactly look trim. I know it's harder for the older fighters to cut weight, but i think Jon Jones probably cut from about 225 to make 205. Surely Cro-cop could make the weight?

Cro-cop Vs Thiago Silva at 205 maybe?

I'd want to see it.

mirko could still murder most heavy weights if his head was right, but alas it hasn't been right since he came to the ufc. if he throws kicks i think he could quite easily win. but its rare he ever does that these days. i think he would do much better if his enterage played him one of his highlight reels before every fight. look mirko look what happens when you kick people.

He seems to get out-muscled in every fight now. There's only the Pat Barry fight in his UFC days where he hasn't been outmuscled.

I'd like to see him win, and drop to 205. Since he's a big name, and not likely to be challenging a title any time soon, the UFC might even set up a catchweight fight with a LHW.

I am a fan of Crocop and really hate having to say this but...

He is going to get mauled tonight. Crocop has made no significant changes to his training. The same old hit the bags for a few hours nonsense. Look who Brendon trains with in comparison.

Dana is just using his name to build up the prospects. Crocop knows it too. Crocop will always be a money draw though.

Brendon will win by however he wants by round 2.

I am a fan of Crocop and really hate having to say this but...

He is going to get mauled tonight. Crocop has made no significant changes to his training. The same old hit the bags for a few hours nonsense. Look who Brendon trains with in comparison.

Dana is just using his name to build up the prospects. Crocop knows it too. Crocop will always be a money draw though.

Brendon will win by however he wants by round 2.

agreed.

After the Mir fight i have lost all hope for Crocop to be extremely competitive.

I'm not gonna say Cro-cop is washed up - but he's deffinately past his best. I really don't expect much of him tonight' date=' even against Schaub.

He weighed in at 229lbs for this fight, and he doesn't exactly look trim. I know it's harder for the older fighters to cut weight, but i think Jon Jones probably cut from about 225 to make 205. Surely Cro-cop could make the weight?

I'd want to see it.[/quote']

Sounds a grea6t fight!!

yeah i got him 2 win (hope)

I'm not gonna say Cro-cop is washed up - but he's deffinately past his best. I really don't expect much of him tonight' date=' even against Schaub.

I'd want to see it.[/quote']

The boring Mir match kinda forced Cro Cop to rethink his approach, its gonna be due or die for him tonight. We're gonna see Cro Cop attack a lot more often then he has in the past couple of fights.

I always back up old lions, regardless of how past their prime they are, I just find it amazing they can still compete regardless of the outcome.

EDIT: WAR CRO COP!

The boring Mir match kinda forced Cro Cop to rethink his approach' date=' its gonna be due or die for him tonight. We're gonna see Cro Cop attack a lot more often then he has in the past couple of fights.

I always back up old lions, regardless of how past their prime they are, I just find it amazing they can still compete regardless of the outcome.

EDIT: WAR CRO COP![/quote']

I really hope you're right - that fight was just pitiful. Two guys who went into a ring determined not to get knocked out. I'm all for a sensible, well thought out game plan... but that level of self-preservation doesn't make champions.

I want the Cro-cop that broke Bob Sapp's face back.

Archived