What GSP do you like better? Simple Question

Junglebird

I voted Post.

He's become more complete than ever' date=' more dominant than ever and better than ever since that fight.

The post GSP would beat the pre GSP IMO. I've enjoyed watching the transformation into the tactical, smart, complete fighter he's become.[/quote']

You mean that the guy in his prime who's fighting smarter/safer would beat a young, fearless fighter who still has a lot to learn? Bold prediction there, sir..

I voted Post.

He's become more complete than ever' date=' more dominant than ever and better than ever since that fight.

The post GSP would beat the pre GSP IMO. I've enjoyed watching the transformation into the tactical, smart, complete fighter he's become.[/quote']

you just like the spandex :P

well post serra is good for his "legacy" his arguably #1 p4p. so to him he wants to finish, but then more importantly he wants to win. Whats more exciting ofcourse pre-matt serra, however you cant deny his racked up plently of wins despite how he wins it.

which one would win if they fought?

the sprawling striker gsp who uses takedowns every now and then' date=' or the takedown first ask questions later gsp with dominant top control and submission attempts that are designed not to hurt the opponent too much.[/quote']

Post Serra would win, due to better fighting intelligence.

If by intelligence you mean Greg Jackson ***** footing then ya. Only the most hardcore of gsp fans voted post Serra.

I did not vote at all. GSP is one of the best fighters in the world period.

He is too intelligent to fall into the ridiculously stupid traps that his opponents try to set for him' date=' by trash talking. He plans (yes, with the help of Greg Jackson) every round of every fight, and he wins every one of them.

GSP was a great fighter pre-Serra and has only improved Post-Serra.

Post Serra. He is a better fighter now than ever, and he will only improve.

Indeed.

I did not vote at all. GSP is one of the best fighters in the world period.

He is too intelligent to fall into the ridiculously stupid traps that his opponents try to set for him' date=' by trash talking. He plans (yes, with the help of Greg Jackson)[b'] every round of every fight[/b], and he wins every one of them.

GSP was a great fighter pre-Serra and has only improved Post-Serra.

Indeed.

He has to as he has no intentions of finishing the fight ; )

Since you are a BJ fan' date=' can you name 1 WW that GSP couldn't finish that BJ has?[/quote']

Seems silly as Bj is a lw fighter. Guy weighed in at 167 against Fitch and was still wearing jeans and shoes lol. Gsp whines over a few pounds when you have guys like Bj stepping up at every chance.

Seems silly as Bj is a lw fighter. Guy weighed in at 167 against Fitch and was still wearing jeans and shoes lol. Gsp whines over a few pounds when you have guys like Bj stepping up at every chance.

U know the record of BJ at WW right ?

He not a exemple of how to jump class .

Bj does step up, but doesn't really beat anyone top 5. And he may be a LW, but he was a WW champ, so no excuse.

U know the record of BJ at WW right ?

He not a exemple of how to jump class .

Became champ, and has only lost to the #1 and #2 best ww champs of all time. All while being half the size of his opponents. He can't even make 170 with 0 cutting lol. At least gsp would still be cutting around 10 pounds at 185 and hell Anderson is even offering a catchweight but gsp is won't step up.

Became champ' date=' and has only lost to the #1 and #2 best ww champs of all time. All while being half the size of his opponents. He can't even make 170 with 0 cutting lol. At least gsp would still be cutting around 10 pounds at 185 and hell Anderson is even offering a catchweight but [b']gsp is won't step up[/b].

You do know he has an opponent, right?

If the question was " Which GSP do you think is a better fighter?" I'd have answered Post Serra. But since it's which GSP do you like better? Definitely Pre Serra. In fact, I'd say Pre Fitch. I'm actually no longer excited to watch his fights. UFC 100, Was more interested in Brock v Mir and Hendo v Bisping 111. Mir v Carwin 124, Alves v Howard. I wanted to watch the Penn fight most at UFC 94 and wasn't too bothered who won.

He talks about it because he's asked about it. And why wouldn't he talk about weight? Don't you have to gain WEIGHT to move up in WEIGHT?

Then why shouldn't we talk about it even though he does have an opponent in front of him?

And I didn't say that talks about weight, I said he whines about weight. Anderson got tired of his games and offered a catch weight. Anderson's size advantage is actually his disadvantage now as he has to cut a significant amount of weight. Lets see if gsp mans up, personally I doubt it though.

Both are great, but Post GSP is just a better fighter. I loved Pre-Serra GSP too and that GSP was very good, but was young and needed to focus more on strategy. The Post-Serra GSP would beat the Pre-Serra GSP I think, just because he keeps improving all the time.

The competition GSP has fought has gotten better since the Matt Serra loss as well. Compare the two and its clear that GSP has faced tougher oppenents.

Pre-Serra GSP: Miller Trigg Sherk Penn Hughes (Good fighters but not as good as the fighters that will be mentioned next).

Post-Serra GSP: Koscheck (Better version of Trigg even in 2007) Hughes Serra Fitch (Better than Sherk at welterweight in my opinion, could be wrong) BJ Penn (I would say better than the BJ Penn from 2006 because he was a dominant lightweight champ in 2009) Alves (Better than Miller was in 2005 when he fought GSP in 2009) Hardy Koscheck II (Better than Koscheck in 2007 and I think the 2010 version could take anyone on the other list for sure except BJ Penn and maybe Hughes).

My point is GSP has fought better oppenents in his current run than ever before and has dominated them all. Perphaps he does not finish as much as he used to, but he is facing tougher competition. I know a lot of people find Pre-Serra GSP to be more exciting and thats fine, but I think Post-Serra GSP is a better fighter.

I did not vote either though because I have been a fan of GSP both Pre-Serra and Post-Serra. However I think Post-GSP is better because he trains smarter and prepares better for each fight and of course has improved as all fighters do as their careers progress.

Then why shouldn't we talk about it even though he does have an opponent in front of him?

And I didn't say that talks about weight' date=' I said he whines about weight. Anderson got tired of his games and offered a catch weight. Anderson's size advantage is actually his disadvantage now as he has to cut a significant amount of weight. Lets see if gsp mans up, personally I doubt it though.[/quote']

Silent man what happen to u , i remember some nice debate we have togheter and now u just fall in the troll band wagon who put there hatred in fron of there judgment .

I miss the old Silent :_( .

the only reason Gsp is not rated as the best of the best or the P4P is he does not have a record of finishing fights...he is awsome everywhere else...but KO's and devistating TKO's really are not his strength....but you cant take away from what he does really good.......cuz what he does really good.......he is really good at!!!

Anderson Silva...although debated by many....is the P4P best.....and he is a little knotch above GSP cuz he finishes fights...and alot of them in devistating fashion...thats all the difference is....cuz in there own rights..in there own element....they are both awsome.

He has an awsome record, alot of great wins over great fighters...and he certainly has earned every bit of his awsome reputation..but he jsut comes up short on the finishes...thats my opinion anyway.

Archived