Jones losing could be the best thing for him.

artvandelay-1

IMO...it does not matter if Jones looses or not. He is young and he has done some amazing things and he is going to be around for a long time....geeesh....he is only 23...remember that.

All this talk about how he is acting like a fool......pre-fight....where are you guys getting this info from....i cant see or hear anything that makes him look stupid...he seems quite humble and thankful and realistic about where he is.

Im hoping for a good clean non-controversial fight with a clear winner. IMO..again...shogun is very very good and jones is new...but hey...its the octogon..anything can happen...and jones could win this.

IMO...it does not matter if Jones looses or not. He is young and he has done some amazing things and he is going to be around for a long time....geeesh....he is only 23...remember that.

All this talk about how he is acting like a fool......pre-fight....where are you guys getting this info from....i cant see or hear anything that makes him look stupid...he seems quite humble and thankful and realistic about where he is.

Im hoping for a good clean non-controversial fight with a clear winner. IMO..again...shogun is very very good and jones is new...but hey...its the octogon..anything can happen...and jones could win this.

its not that jones is acting particularly disrespectful to shogun, but he whole signing autographs as '2011 champion' an some of his statements make it sound like he's not focussing entirely on the fact he's never fought anyone close to shogun's level, it'll be interesting

its not that jones is acting particularly disrespectful to shogun' date=' but he whole signing autographs as '2011 champion' an some of his statements make it sound like he's not focussing entirely on the fact he's never fought anyone close to shogun's level, it'll be interesting[/quote']

even shogun said its disrespectful, and shogun is a real quiet dude and humble...if he says it it has to be...one thing is saying i can do it, another is saying i am champ already...

Jones will eventually lose sometime in his career. Whether its tomorrow night or 5 years from now, he will. I will say that him losing earlier in his career would be better for him than losing later.

I will say that he does have extreme respect for Shogun. However, he shows his confidence in himself for this fight more than his respect for Shogun.

its not that jones is acting particularly disrespectful to shogun' date=' but he whole signing autographs as '2011 champion' an some of his statements make it sound like he's not focussing entirely on the fact he's never fought anyone close to shogun's level, it'll be interesting[/quote']

You know what happens when you assume.

I can't believe how upset people are at Jones because he is acting confident (call it conceded or ****y w/e). I think fans need to stop putting people who FIGHT for a living on a pedestal - it's not their jobs to be role models, it's their job to put their foot, elbow, fist, knee through another fighters skull. Every professional fighter thinks they are the best and can beat the best, or else why would they even fight?

I disagree. Jones has brothers who are 300 lbs linebackers. I believe Jones hasn't fully filled out yet. Jones, as big as he is, will likely get even bigger. The question then is will he start having trouble cutting weight once he passes 25-26 years of age? Also, with his flashy style, I don't think he wants to run out of gas. Cutting 20 + lbs every time he has a 5 rounder is not a smart move.

I think Jones needs to win this title now and dominate the division for a few years. He then should move up to HW and clean out that division.

Archived