Final Word on Shogun vs Jones

KOL_1991

Last time I will be on here before saturday night.

So all you jon jones fans should post like crazy as much as you can about how great he is and how he will easily beat shogun. Because after saturday all you jones-lovers with no knowledge of mma can shut up with your ridiculous noobish comments and appreciate the great specimen and true ufc light-heavy weight champion, mauricio shogun rua.

that is all.

Last time I will be on here before saturday night.

So all you jon jones fans should post like crazy as much as you can about how great he is and how he will easily beat shogun. Because after saturday all you jones-lovers with no knowledge of mma can shut up with your ridiculous noobish comments and appreciate the great specimen and true ufc light-heavy weight champion' date=' mauricio shogun rua.

that is all.[/quote']

So if you're a fan of Bones you have no MMA knowledge?......wow, you represent Shogun's fan club really well....just as much as that guy at the press conference that asked Bones if he really thought he could beat Shogun......smh

So if you're a fan of Bones you have no MMA knowledge?......wow' date=' you represent Shogun's fan club really well....just as much as that guy at the press conference that asked Bones if he really thought he could beat Shogun......smh[/quote']

i think that some ppl who are going for jones are becouse of there lack of MMA knowledge, not dnt get me wrong i havent followed MMA for like 10 years iv only been following for about 4-5...i think ppl see jones in his last fights, flashy, dominant and think hes gonna run thru shogun...some ppl just need to think a little more...and that guy was funny btw, i clapped and laughed!!! but either way saturday is gonna be beast!

WAR SHOGUN!!!

i think that some ppl who are going for jones are becouse of there lack of MMA knowledge' date=' not dnt get me wrong i havent followed MMA for like 10 years iv only been following for about 4-5...i think ppl see jones in his last fights, flashy, dominant and think hes gonna run thru shogun...some ppl just need to think a little more...and that guy was funny btw, i clapped and laughed!!! but either way saturday is gonna be beast!

WAR SHOGUN!!![/quote']

Yea if people only focus on how Jones has dominated others they need to also look at who those others were. Bonner, The Janitor, Vera, Bader - None of these guys offer near the threat that Shogun is standing. Along with that Shogun is strong and has great ground game, it won't be a walk in the park even if Bones gets him down. Overall Jones hasn't faced anyone like Shogun

That being said...Shogun hasn't faced anyone like Bones either. The reach might play a big factor, if Jones is smart he'll pick his strikes and keep Shogun at distance. And on the ground Jones is hard to control because of his length. When he's on top it's hard to get a hold of his legs or arms for control or sweeps. For a guy so big Jones certainly isn't awkward, he controls everything perfectly.

I won't be surprised to see this fight going either way. I'm rooting for Jones but I'd say I'm like 70-30 Shogun will actually win. I don't see Shogun being finished as easily as any of Jones other opponents and then it's only a matter of time before one of the most powerful strikers in MMA catches Jones. And sadly the bigger they are the harder they fall. As nasty as it is when all 6'11" of Struve buckles we may see a highlight of Jones doing the same.

Archived