Oh God noooooo!!! More Jesus Freaks in the Octagon??!!!

B_radly1406052482

I just had to do it guys... to rouse again some of you that have engaged me in some tasty discussions over the last few weeks about how you hate when these Jesus lovers give their homage to their Lord and Savior after their fights. I think this is so funny that some of you hate this so much, that I had to start another thread about it to invoke some of you yet again to either voice your distaste or your support of it. The Michael McDonald/Edwin Figueroa fight was one of the best I've seen in a long time. These guys fought their hearts out, and it made me chuckle in a joyous laughter to see them BOTH give praise to Jesus after it was over. God rules dudes. Good on yas. Great fight boyz!!

Jeebus didnt do much to contribute to the fight though. I mean you gotta earn your thanks. and the bloke didnt do anything.Oh wait' date=' i forgot hes Invisible, and apparently everywhere so he must of contributed.

What would Jeebus do?[/quote']

Is calling him Jeebus supposed to be witty or something? I don't get it.

Jeebus didnt do much to contribute to the fight though. I mean you gotta earn your thanks. and the bloke didnt do anything.Oh wait' date=' i forgot hes Invisible, and apparently everywhere so he must of contributed.

[b']What would Jeebus do?[/b]

everyone knows jesus is an invisible black belt, NCAA wrestler with k-1 level striking.

Which Simpsons generation? There are enough episodes for at least 3. The only episode I remember with "Jeebus" was the one where he gets thrown from a plane, and into the jungle or something. Yeah it was one of the newer episodes(post 1998) when The Simpsons kind of sucked. Yes it was very funny when Homer said it.

You strike me as stupid' date=' you are probably poor, and you need some help. And there are many great scientists who believe and have believed. Wow..[/quote']

I agree there are many scientists who have believed... I also agree there are a few... very few.. good scientists. Dr Francis Collins is a great scientists who believes. Yet, even if the greatest living scientists today.. Lawrence Krauss, Hawkins to name just two believed. It still would not add to your argument in belief without an ounce of evidence. Anyone who says there is no God.. is not able too.. I myself would admit that happily.. But for you to say there is... well its a joke!!! and you are delusional sir!

P.S I am neither poor or stupid. I go by what is factually accurate and that sir is not the belief in the supernatural. So slave to religion.. keep on doing your thing.. I do not care if you waste your life. :-)

the power people feel from believing in god is very real whether god himself is real or not.

Imo, the bible is taken too literally, the stories that are told should be looked at as what you can learn from them and not take the story themselves literally.

People believe what they wanna believe I suppose, if they aint blowing up buildings, I dont see why you should have a problem with it? :confused:

I agree there are many scientists who have believed... I also agree there are a few... very few.. good scientists. Dr Francis Collins is a great scientists who believes. Yet' date=' even if the greatest living scientists today.. Lawrence Krauss, Hawkins to name just two believed. It still would not add to your argument in belief without an ounce of evidence. Anyone who says there is no God.. is not able too.. I myself would admit that happily.. But for you to say there is... well its a joke!!! and you are delusional sir!

P.S I am neither poor or stupid. I go by what is factually accurate and that sir is not the belief in the supernatural. So slave to religion.. keep on doing your thing.. I do not care if you waste your life. :-)[/quote']

Hawkins is only popular because he drives the atheism bus. Otherwise, he is not the most intelligent scientist, that's ludicrous. Some food for thought for you to chew on.

If there were ever a time when there was nothing, what would exist now? Modern science asserts that the universe is not eternal. Big Bang cosmology is built upon that. Thus the universe is expanding, elements moving further away from each other. Thus there was a starting point. Whatever begins to exist has a cause. It must have a cause.

? The universe began at some point

? Therefore the universe has a cause

? It cannot cause itself. (It would have to "be," in some form, and "not be" at the same time, which is a logical fallacy. Many who oppose creationism at this point will say something like, "Well, who caused God?" Yet here they are missing the Christian claim....

We don't hold that God is caused or came into being. We hold that HE IS THE UNCAUSED FIRST CAUSE OF ALL THINGS.

Check out this thought from atheistic astronomer & astrophysicist Dr. Robert Jastrow. He noted:

"The world had a beginning under conditions in which the known laws of physics are not valid, and as a product of forces or circumstances we cannot discover." - Robert Jastrow

And just in case someone wants to hide behind Darwinian Evolution, claiming, "Evolution created everything," Natural selection working on random mutation doesn't account for origins/beginning of life. While many will try to push this; it's just a public ploy. There are many scientist who are not christian, nor religious, who reject that Darwin adequately explains all of life. And any scientist worth his weight in salt would not dare use it as a model for origins, though some will to annoy Christians and Creationists. Furthermore the Intelligent Design movement by such scientists as Dr. Steven Meyer, author of Signature In the Cell, at the Discovery Institute, is killing such foolishness.

Evolution is concerned how organisms and species develop over time. Evolution, itself, does not account for the origin of life and the genetic code itself. To believe that macro-evolution is the cause of life is a fairy tale for adults.

I agree there are many scientists who have believed... I also agree there are a few... very few.. good scientists. Dr Francis Collins is a great scientists who believes. Yet' date=' even if the greatest living scientists today.. Lawrence Krauss, Hawkins to name just two believed. It still would not add to your argument in belief without an ounce of evidence. Anyone who says there is no God.. is not able too.. I myself would admit that happily.. But for you to say there is... well its a joke!!! and you are delusional sir!

P.S I am neither poor or stupid. I go by what is factually accurate and that sir is not the belief in the supernatural. So slave to religion.. keep on doing your thing.. I do not care if you waste your life. :-)[/quote']

stfu and watch the free fight...end thread

Hawkins is only popular because he drives the atheism bus. Otherwise' date=' he is not the most intelligent scientist, that's ludicrous. Some food for thought for you to chew on.

If there were ever a time when there was nothing, what would exist now? Modern science asserts that the universe is not eternal. Big Bang cosmology is built upon that. Thus the universe is expanding, elements moving further away from each other. Thus there was a starting point. Whatever begins to exist has a cause. It must have a cause.

? The universe began at some point

? Therefore the universe has a cause

? It cannot cause itself. (It would have to "be," in some form, and "not be" at the same time, which is a logical fallacy. Many who oppose creationism at this point will say something like, "Well, who caused God?" Yet here they are missing the Christian claim....

We don't hold that God is caused or came into being. We hold that HE IS THE UNCAUSED FIRST CAUSE OF ALL THINGS.

Check out this thought from atheistic astronomer & astrophysicist Dr. Robert Jastrow. He noted:

"The world had a beginning under conditions in which the known laws of physics are not valid, and as a product of forces or circumstances we cannot discover." - Robert Jastrow

And just in case someone wants to hide behind Darwinian Evolution, claiming, "Evolution created everything," Natural selection working on random mutation doesn't account for origins/beginning of life. While many will try to push this; it's just a public ploy. There are many scientist who are not christian, nor religious, who reject that Darwin adequately explains all of life. And any scientist worth his weight in salt would not dare use it as a model for origins, though some will to annoy Christians and Creationists. Furthermore the Intelligent Design movement by such scientists as Dr. Steven Meyer, author of Signature In the Cell, at the Discovery Institute, is killing such foolishness.

Evolution is concerned how organisms and species develop over time. Evolution, itself, does not account for the origin of life and the genetic code itself. To believe that macro-evolution is the cause of life is a fairy tale for adults.[/quote']

2lnir28.gif

"Imo, the bible is taken too literally, the stories that are told should be looked at as what you can learn from them and not take the story themselves literally."

I don't know man.. when I read the bible I take it literally.. what is meant to be literal and what is not, all I take literally. The bible is "literally" a historical reference book. It is "literally" the eye witness account of the man Jesus and what he did. Historian accounts of that day say the same things as the bible. The prophecies of the old testament that have come to pass are "literal". Am I to dismiss everything else when all of these other things are proven? I just can't do that. As well, the teachings on how to be morally acceptable to God are good in their essence, and nobody can say that "Do not commit adultery" or "Do not steal" or "Do not kill in cold blood" or "give to the poor" are literally not good teachings.. can they? I don't know brother.. I must have missed something.

"Imo' date=' the bible is taken too literally, the stories that are told should be looked at as what you can learn from them and not take the story themselves literally."

I don't know man.. when I read the bible I take it literally.. what is meant to be literal and what is not, all I take literally. The bible is "literally" a historical reference book. It is "literally" the eye witness account of the man Jesus and what he did. Historian accounts of that day say the same things as the bible. The prophecies of the old testament that have come to pass are "literal". Am I to dismiss everything else when all of these other things are proven? I just can't do that. As well, the teachings on how to be morally acceptable to God are good in their essence, and nobody can say that "Do not commit adultery" or "Do not steal" or "Do not kill in cold blood" or "give to the poor" are literally not good teachings.. can they? I don't know brother.. I must have missed something.[/quote']

I guess you hate homosexuals, other races, non believers etc.. As it says in the bible to hate these..

I guess you hate homosexuals' date=' other races, non believers etc.. As it says in the bible to hate these..[/quote']

Where does it say that smart guy? It doesn't. And no, I do not hate anyone. I love homosexuals. I don't agree with their lifestyle, but I have had many ghay friends. Other races? Are you kidding. Jesus was a Jew. My wife is British. I have black friends, mexican friends, asian friends. Wow.. no the bible doesn't say that either. And non-believers? Dude, you must be thinking of Islam. The Koran says to hate unbelievers and the infidels, not the bible. Show me what you are talking about if you can do that, and I'll dismantle that for you too. Geez..

I guess you hate homosexuals' date=' other races, non believers etc.. As it says in the bible to hate these..[/quote']

SIGH!! That is not true. It says to love your neighbor as you love yourself(the golden rule). It does say that a man should not lay with another man, and a woman should not lay with another woman, but it doesn't say to hate gay people or anyone else.

Where does it say that smart guy? It doesn't. And no' date=' I do not hate anyone. I love homosexuals. I don't agree with their lifestyle, but I have had many ghay friends. Other races? Are you kidding. Jesus was a Jew. My wife is British. I have black friends, mexican friends, asian friends. Wow.. no the bible doesn't say that either. And non-believers? Dude, you must be thinking of Islam. The Koran says to hate unbelievers and the infidels, not the bible. Show me what you are talking about if you can do that, and I'll dismantle that for you too. Geez..[/quote']

Destroying others - Deuteronomy 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Slavery- Exodus 21:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property

**** sexuals- Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Is this your first time noticing fighters thank jesus after matches Bradly? Happens all the time no need to make a thread to have a religion flame war each time you notice it.

Hey Superbeast. No, it's not my first time to notice. I've been watching mma since 1993. I see it a lot. But recently there have been scores of fighters doing it, and scores of forum members pointing it out that it gets under their skin. I have felt led to make a couple threads commending the fighters, and calling out the scoffers. The only flaming comes from the haters. I don't go about flaming, it's not how I roll. But I do like to rouse my forum friends for a little debate, a little in depth discussion about it. I wouldn't have ever been compelled to make any threads had it not been for the God haters who post their ignorant rants. I've really been enjoying the discussions thus far. I hope to engage whoever wants to. I'm not here to convert anyone or preach, but I certainly won't sit here and let the scoffers have their way without some resistance.

Destroying others - Deuteronomy 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them' date=' and show them no mercy.

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Slavery- Exodus 21:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property

**** sexuals- Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.[/quote']

Yeah, but if you take that literally it's okay. No theologian I have ever spoken to says to take the Bible in literal fashion and I have spoken to many as well as religious officials of various denominations. The Bible is historical fiction and rhetoric meant to teach people morals and generosity. It has been perverted by kings and paupers alike. If people don't believe, so what? If people believe, so what? The OP is a troll, the feeding must stop.

You have to understand something about why these things were said to Israel. God was using Israel to eradicate some of the evils that were prevalent in this time. These pagan nations did awful things, sacrificing their infants to the owl god, murdering and pillaging. You must understand that God is holy and he was setting up a nation in Israel to live and abide by his commandments, to be holy and set apart for the glory of God.

Slavery was not the kind you're thinking of. Slavery existed for a few reasons. God never said go out and make slaves of people. Slavery happened for many reasons... if a nation won a war, soldiers became enslaved as a sort of spoil for the victory. Their were temple slaves that were assigned a number of years to serve the high priests, this was a loyalty thing and a humility thing. Slaves were also and commonly made slaves to pay back debts they could never pay back with their wages. Family debts caused children of the debtors to be enslaved. It wasn't like what you think of in African slavery times, which also has a story behind that too that you may not understand. Basically, slavery was not God's best route, but sometimes it had to happen.

You are twisting words and trying to use scripture to make your point that God and his people are to hate sinners. This is unmerited and unbiblical what you are saying. Only idiots hate people. God commands us to love the sinner and hate their sin.

You have to understand something about why these things were said to Israel. God was using Israel to eradicate some of the evils that were prevalent in this time. These pagan nations did awful things' date=' [b']sacrificing their infants[/b] to the owl god, murdering and pillaging. You must understand that God is holy and he was setting up a nation in Israel to live and abide by his commandments, to be holy and set apart for the glory of God.

Slavery was not the kind you're thinking of. Slavery existed for a few reasons. God never said go out and make slaves of people. Slavery happened for many reasons... if a nation won a war, soldiers became enslaved as a sort of spoil for the victory. Their were temple slaves that were assigned a number of years to serve the high priests, this was a loyalty thing and a humility thing. Slaves were also and commonly made slaves to pay back debts they could never pay back with their wages. Family debts caused children of the debtors to be enslaved. It wasn't like what you think of in African slavery times, which also has a story behind that too that you may not understand. Basically, slavery was not God's best route, but sometimes it had to happen.

You are twisting words and trying to use scripture to make your point that God and his people are to hate sinners. This is unmerited and unbiblical what you are saying. Only idiots who claim they are of a religion like christianity hate people. God commands us to love the sinner and hate their sin.

That's some medevil bigotry right there. Sounds like blood libel to me. Yup these jesus freaks should definitely be hunted.

Yeah' date=' but if you take that literally it's okay. No theologian I have ever spoken to says to take the Bible in literal fashion and I have spoken to many as well as religious officials of various denominations. The Bible is historical fiction and rhetoric meant to teach people morals and generosity. It has been perverted by kings and paupers alike. If people don't believe, so what? If people believe, so what? The OP is a troll, the feeding must stop.[/quote']

I'm no troll brother. I'm a hard core mma fan. The only trolling I do is 150 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico. I didn't even know what a troll was till I came to this forum.

Don't you have anything else besides spewing? You sound like you might be a nice guy Bean' date=' but it's so shrouded by your hate and lower tier intelligence it's hard to reason with you.[/quote']

Dude you just said that the Jews used to sacrifice their infants. That's horrible to say crap like that.

Destroying others - Deuteronomy 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them' date=' and show them no mercy.

**** sexuals- Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.[/quote']

Funny how all of these people focus so much on the old testament, and not Jesus' teachings. There probably isn't anything I can say to change your mind, but I will at least explain the best I can, and tell you to read the new testament.

First passage: God, and Moses had just liberated the Jewish people, and if you have ever read anything from these passages you know the Jews of this time were very fickle, and would get angry with Moses, and God at the drop of a hat. They even worshipped a cow while Moses was away. God knew this, and didn't want any contamination of the Jewish people, and thats why he said leave no survivors, and don't intermingle with the people. Not very nice seeming by todays standards, but I wouldn't want to argue with God.

Second passage: There is only one God, and he is a jealous God(yes God has emotions we were created in his image). Why would you worship some god when you could worship the God. I respect other religions, and most Christians do. Jesus taught to love others even if they are from some other religion(Golden Rule).

Third passage: Don't disobey the law. Actions have consequences. There are rules for a reason, and they should be followed.

Fourth passage: Well slavery is wrong, but it was the norm back then, and some slaves were so because of their own actions(it wasn't just about race). At least there was a law about treating your slaves well(kinda). I think the message you can take away from that today is if you are the boss treat your underlings well. There just is no defending that, but look at other writings from the time, and I am sure they are littered with the same sentiment about slaves.

Fifth passage: Whats wrong with this? It didn't say kill the gay people, it just said it's wrong to be gay. Does that mean we should treat gay people any different? No, because Jesus said treat your neighbor as you would want to be treated. Does that mean it's ok to be gay? No, but it's not our place to judge we should show love, and compassion like Jesus said to do.

Archived