Next Welterweight contender?????

The_Power

So who is in the running for the next shot at the Welterweight belt? I just heard that Penn vs Fitch 2 will go down in July but IF the winner of that fight gets the shot then the welterweight title wont be defended until October or November. Seems kinda long to me. Has anybody heard if in fact the winner of Penn/Fitch 2 will get the shot? Do you think it should be between them or should the UFC give the shot to someone else??

So who is in the running for the next shot at the Welterweight belt? I just heard that Penn vs Fitch 2 will go down in July but IF the winner of that fight gets the shot then the welterweight title wont be defended until October or November. Seems kinda long to me. Has anybody heard if in fact the winner of Penn/Fitch 2 will get the shot? Do you think it should be between them or should the UFC give the shot to someone else??

If GSP decides to take the plunge and move up permanently, I feel the upper echeleon of the WW division should have eliminations.

FItch, Penn, Hughes, Alves, Shields appear to be the candidates with the best credentials.

I give the advantage to Fitch.

Archived