What is the hype-train and his fans gonna do when SHogun pulls a BJ Penn...

dimension33

i can see bones using the jab like all the ****s are crying out for, shogun kicks the **** out of his leg once, uses bones reaction to close the distance and get a body lock against the cage, lift him by the waist and put him on his ***, and dive into a heel hook. shogun sub rd 1.

i can also see shogun kick the **** out of his leg, and again, and again, then BAM high kick, bones starts convulsing on the ground face down.

Hahahaha. Shogun taking down Jones...

You Shogun huggers are precious.

It may seems unlikely to you but Shogun took down almost every fighter he fought with including Chuck, Coleman, Arona, Forrest, Rampage, Nogueira, Owereem and lots more. Some of this fighters have the best takedown defense in the biz.

It doesnt seem that far fatched to me that Bones might finds himself down on his back at one point.

It may seems unlikely to you but Shogun took down almost every fighter he fought with including Chuck' date=' Coleman, Arona, Forrest, Rampage, Nogueira, Owereem and lots more. Some of this fighters have the best takedown defense in the biz.

It doesnt seem that far fatched to me that Bones might finds himself down on his back at one point.[/quote']

Was this before or after his 8 year old girl knees started giving out? No knees, no takedowns.

It may seems unlikely to you but Shogun took down almost every fighter he fought with including Chuck' date=' Coleman, Arona, Forrest, Rampage, Nogueira, Owereem and lots more. Some of this fighters have the best takedown defense in the biz.

It doesnt seem that far fatched to me that Bones might finds himself down on his back at one point.[/quote']

You're right - but most of those fighters still heavily outscored him in the takedown department.

Shogun has great leg submissions, but i don't think Jones has anything to worry about. He'll control the ground game from inside Shogun's guard, and grind him down with G+P.

My money is on Jones TKO in the 2nd.

...Still really want Shogun to knock him the **** out though.

I think this will be as dominate as the bj Penn v Diego Sanchez fight 4 shogun' date=' remember how confident Diego was and during the fight, every1 jus realized that he was no where near bj's level. I'm expecting that kinda performance 4rm Mauricio.[/quote']

I hope you didn't put any money on it, no way does Shogun treat Jones like BJ treated Diego.

I hope you didn't put any money on it' date=' no way does Shogun treat Jones like BJ treated Diego.[/quote']

I promise u he will, jones gets his takedown tho but he will without a doubt get outclassed when it goes there and we will have the luxury of bones try to defend himself 4rm da bottom, where we haven't seen him yet.

You think Jones' hips are bad enough that Shogun can sweep or submit him from his back? No way can Shogun get a triangle on him, Jones' torso is to lengthy and he'll just posture up. The only chance Shogun has on his back is an armbar, oma plata, or kimura and two of these he would only use for a better position I think.

You think Jones' hips are bad enough that Shogun can sweep or submit him from his back? No way can Shogun get a triangle on him' date=' Jones' torso is to lengthy and he'll just posture up. The only chance Shogun has on his back is an armbar, oma plata, or kimura and two of these he would only use for a better position I think.[/quote']

Same here, shogun will sweep and look to exploit bones off his back. Mauricio does have some of the best sweeps 4rm the bottom in mma.

I don't like neither one of these fighters. I think Bones is a complete hyped up sloppy fighter who wins only because of his reach advantage. Shogun although I respect I dont think he is consistent enough to defend his belt many times at all. Also by how the devision is stacked its very hard to defend the title because of the level of the contenders. This fight could easily go either way period, im having a hard time deciding on who to go for.

"Pulling a BJ Penn" (not to never ever being mistaken for pulling a bj) usually means gassing-out in 8 minutes, so yeah Shogun probably will pull a BJ Penn. He has done that before the last two times he was dealing with or recovering from a major knee injury.

Shogun's chances of taking Jonny Jones down are about as good as Dan Miller knocking down/out Nate Marquardt tonight. Shogun might win by KO/TKO, but I seriously doubt he'll be getting takedowns on him.

Jones will jab Shogun at reach, forcing Shogun to go for a leg kick, in which Jones will go for a takedown... he has the perfect reach to gauge him and time him and has the speed to implement that game plan... also, if Jones could take Bader down with relative ease, I don't see Shogun being able to stop it...

I'll be an exciting fight, and anything can happen... but I think it'll be funny if and when Jones takes him down and finishes him in under 2 minutes... if Shogun wins, I'm will to bet that it'll be by armbar rather than a (T)KO...

I like both guys, but I predict Shogun to win. He is just that dude.

On another note, why do people still refer to Jones as a "hype-train"?

He's beaten every person they've put in front of him, even Matt Hamill.

He's beaten:

Jake O Brien

Matt Hamill

Stephan Bonnar

Brandon Vera

Vladmir Matushenko

Ryan Bader

In the forums somewhere, you'll find many threads that say "Jones will get smashed" or something like that, before every fight. He's faced some great opponents. You gonna tell me Stephan Bonnar is a nobody? Brandon Vera? Matt Hamill? Vladmir? Ryan Bader is an up and comer like Jones, so you can't say he's washed up, and he was supposed to smash Jones too. He's come through every time, I just don't get it. It doesn't seem like a hype train would make it to a title shot. How many contenders in other weight classes who have fought for the title were hype trains?

Archived