Overeem will rule the UFC! Might as well get used to the idea now.

fourthnorseman

carwin has a punchers chance' date=' against anyone.

+ jds and cain will give him a good run for his money thats for sure.[/quote']

Possibly.... I am eager to see if Sergei can be a force too. Both him and Alistair are brutal strikers and I don't see anyone in the ufc lasting too long in a stand-up war.

Possibly.... I am eager to see if Sergei can be a force too. Both him and Alistair are brutal strikers and I don't see anyone in the ufc lasting too long in a stand-up war.

To be honest sergei sucks on the ground and at takedown defense, and the ufc is STACKED with wrestlers.

I believe Junior would defeat Sergei standing and Cain has a solid chance even standing , he is getting progressively better he is new to MMA and this talented people seem to forget it.

Overeem.....I do kind of see him as the best HW in MMA and the king of MMA haha , but I don't know if he wants to give up K-1 by fighting in the UFC , it is a concern of mine.

i like overeem 2 and think he can beat the best of the ufc but use some reasoning to valdate ur argument

Reasoning?

Well standing no-one can handle him. JDS has great hands but he will get kicked brutally by Alistair!... and the clinch?! Alistair just too good standing and would have the size, and experience advantage as well.

Bork has a shot at decisioning Alistair in a three round fight if he gets the takedown and can keep him there for three rounds. He will not sub Alistair and also risks the possibility of getting subbed. If he does not succeed in the takedown right away.... Nighty night!;)

Cain I believe has the best shot at beating Alistair. If he can get The Reem down and work a solid game he may be able to get the tko or decision? But there again if the takedown is not successful he is in big trouble! if you can't set up the takedowns with striking it is very difficult to execute and if you strike with Alistair you take a great risk at getting KTFOed!

Anyone else will simply get DESTROYED by the REEM!

To be honest sergei sucks on the ground and at takedown defense' date=' and the ufc is STACKED with wrestlers.[/quote']

Sergei does not suck on the ground.:confused: His wresting is not great but he has good sambo and submisions.

Other than Cain and Brock I don't see any other guys that could keep him on his back.

Sergei does not suck on the ground.:confused: His wresting is not great but he has good sambo and submisions.

Other than Cain and Brock I don't see any other guys that could keep him on his back.

His submissions are okay at best, nowdays you need jiujitsu more than sambo and that was proven in the fedor vs. silva fight.

His submissions are okay at best' date=' nowdays you need jiujitsu more than sambo and that was proven in the fedor vs. silva fight.[/quote']

That had **** all to do with it.... 55 pounds with a height and reach advantage is what made the difference in that fight. Bigfoot will do that to all but the top 3 or 4 guys in the UFC right now. Hell, maybe all of them!?

Everyone thinks that cause Fedor lost to Werdum and Bigfoot he sucked, but it really means that these guys are top level guys.

Lol!

I just finished watching Inside MMA. On the show they did an interview with Velasquez and Mir on their thoughts about the strikeforce buyout.

No ****! They were both stuttering like scared little boys... it was freaking hilarious. Mir tried to act like he was happy about the prospect of fighting Alistair but there was fear all over his face! I kid you not, they both must have stumbled on their words a half dozen times each... they are ******** their pants!:D

i think overeem could stop brocks once "unstoppable" takedowns, brock has the least chance of beating overeem out of the top 5 in ufc, cain is more relentless and it'll be hard for overeem to keep cain off him for 5 rounds. JDS would be a even matchup imo, with overeem getting the advantage with kicks/knees, everything else is even.

Archived