who is truly the Ultimate Fighter?

Tazz_666

We have all spent at some point in our fan lives sitting for hours in front of our TV's or monitors watching our favorite fighters win and loose there matches against their toughest and weakest opponents, had there best knock outs and their best submissions so far. But how tough are they really? They are awarded with the title and are acknowledged as the best in there class but only gain that title after defeating a single opponent that night and are only challenged once every few pay-per-views. They defended there tittle against a single person and once again are called the champion, but any fighter has won at least 1 fight, are they truly being tested or challenged? I dont know how many of you have actually watched every single event 01 through 128 but i know i have and thinking about the original events such as the first one. Fighters did not just have 1 opponent, they had to face a series of other fighters just like our hockey teams and other sports have to. Last time i checked just because one team wins a game they do not win the Stanley Cup or Superbowl etc. I know some of this might sound negative and im not at all bashing UFC, im simply asking if there being challenged to their full potential....So i re ask you, Who is truly the Ultimate Fighter? i can say for myself that id absolutely love to see the original style brought back (and by original i mean process of elimination) for a special event where fighters such as

GSP, Matt Serra, Matt Hughes, Vitor Belfort, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Chuck, Randy Couture, Rampage Jackson, Ken Shamrock, Brock Lesnar, Thiago Alves, Andrei Arlovski, Frank Mir, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans and many others (those are just some of my tops)

A few i mentioned would remember what UFC 01 was all about (have to give props to Roice Gracie) But i think it would make an AMAZING special event, and honestly i would pay more to watch that special event then a normal UFC event.

But hey thats just what i would think would make an interesting special event where the champ would get a trophy as the Ultimate Fighter :)

We have all spent at some point in our fan lives sitting for hours in front of our TV's or monitors watching our favorite fighters win and loose there matches against their toughest and weakest opponents' date=' had there best knock outs and their best submissions so far. But how tough are they really? They are awarded with the title and are acknowledged as the best in there class but only gain that title after defeating a single opponent that night and are only challenged once every few pay-per-views. They defended there tittle against a single person and once again are called the champion, but any fighter has won at least 1 fight, are they truly being tested or challenged? I dont know how many of you have actually watched every single event 01 through 128 but i know i have and thinking about the original events such as the first one. Fighters did not just have 1 opponent, they had to face a series of other fighters just like our hockey teams and other sports have to. Last time i checked just because one team wins a game they do not win the Stanley Cup or Superbowl etc. I know some of this might sound negative and im not at all bashing UFC, im simply asking if there being challenged to their full potential....So i re ask you, Who is truly the Ultimate Fighter? i can say for myself that id absolutely love to see the original style brought back (and by original i mean process of elimination) for a special event where fighters such as

GSP, Matt Serra, Matt Hughes, Vitor Belfort, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Chuck, Randy Couture, Rampage Jackson, Ken Shamrock, Brock Lesnar, Thiago Alves, Andrei Arlovski, Frank Mir, Wanderlei Silva, Rashad Evans and many others (those are just some of my tops)

A few i mentioned would remember what UFC 01 was all about (have to give props to Roice Gracie) But i think it would make an AMAZING special event, and honestly i would pay more to watch that special event then a normal UFC event.

But hey thats just what i would think would make an interesting special event where the champ would get a trophy as the Ultimate Fighter :)[/quote']

Sorry I have to be picky here, The superbowl is a one game and it's done. All the NFL playoffs are like that, one game elimination.

And some of those guys do not fight anymore, or certainly do not fight close to what they did in there "better days". Gracie has seen better days, so has Shamrock, hughes, Wandy is getting up there in age. But if we did a modern one it would be a lot better.

Archived