The UFC never wanted Shogun to be the champ

ItsAboutJustice

my response to that, they dont need to hype shogun up, or give him special treatment, or spend countless hours with interviews and inside scoop shows, or open back doors to let him slide in.

The guys just a fighter, hes super exciting, and almost everyone who watches him becomes a fan. Guys like Sonnen, or Koscheck, guys who are A) Boring, B)par fighters C)semi interesting personalities, the UFC can make something out of nothing with those cans.

Shogun....just let him do his thing.

i only think that was dana's intentions after the griffin fight, not before, and i totally agree with the shogun chuck matchup was meant to be an easy fight for chuck, i remember seeing the footage of dana asking shogun if he wanted to fight chuck, shogun nearly **** his pants, it made him focused, motivated, and he took chuck out.

Lol, the dude is completely bias against the UFC, he is basically the same as Dana White, but against Zuffa and with 0 influence on the actual MMA world.

Forrest vs Shogun was meant to be Shoguns coming out party for American fans. Forrest was a high profile sacrificial lamb in that fight, but he won, causing the upset.

Yes, he was meant to lose to Chuck, but Chuck was a much bigger crowd puller than Shogun and it was from a marketing view.

Then, with only 2 wins in the UFC, he shouldn't of been first in line for a title shot and wasn't, he was gifted a title shot so i don't see his problem with that and the reason that he was counted out was because of Machida's recent performances. After the fight, Dana said himself that he thought Shogun won, so it wasn't just because of the fans.

Shogun will have a chance to destroy the Jones hype, but until then, he will be promoted as the next big thing.

Archived