Watch UFC 128 with Shady!

Shady_Champ

I usually start this right before the event but I figured I'd start it early tat way we can discuss the fights before they happen and predictions before hand... So who does everyone got in the main Card?

I got

Jones

Faber

Shaub(But I will be cheering for Mirko) Heart says Mirko Brain says Brendan

Nate

Miller

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shogun's knees were bad

Shogun had too much time off

Jones wouldn't stop elbowing him in the face

Shogun didn't know you were supposed to fight when the ref says "fight"

Shogun's old lady is pregnant with another man's child

Shogun didn't know wrestling was allowed.

Jones kept taking him down and punching him in the face.

Jones would never win a rematch

The ref stopped it early.

Jones got lucky

Jones was afraid to stand with Shogun.

Im just getting it all out of the way so i'll know what to expect to hear tomorrow night.

i think most people are the same' date=' either going for mirko, or going for schaub but want mirko to win. Everyone remembers him not for what he is, but what he once was. He will always be an icon in many peoples eyes.[/quote']

Yeah I've noticed that too.. I think it's safe to say that Mirko has been one of if not the biggest disappointment ever in the UFC. Come on Mirko show us and all the US fans that don't know about you who u really are!

Yeah I've noticed that too.. I think it's safe to say that Mirko has been one of if not the biggest disappointment ever in the UFC. Come on Mirko show us and all the US fans that don't know about you who u really are!

yup. i didnt watch him before but i caught all his replays when i started watching mma more religiously and i just cant get enough. im waiting for him to give us a show that we wont forget. even if he loses. i will be a fan for life

Unforunatly Mirko along with countless others will make up the 2013 Strikeforce roster. That roster will be a who's who from Pride.

Shogun's knees were bad

Jones got lucky

Im just getting it all out of the way so i'll know what to expect to hear tomorrow night.

lol.

I usually start this right before the event but I figured I'd start it early tat way we can discuss the fights before they happen and predictions before hand... So who does everyone got in the main Card?

I got

Jones

Faber

Shaub(But I will be cheering for Mirko) Heart says Mirko Brain says Brendan

Nate

Miller

Shady, make your picks in the prediction's league.

Jon "Jesus Deuce" Jones > Mauricio Shogun Rua - 3rd Round Submission (Strikes)

Urijah Faber > Eddie Wineland - 2nd Round Submission (Mounted Guillotine Choke)

Jim Miller > Kamal Shalorus - Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Nate Marquardt > Dan Miller - 2nd Round TKO (Strikes)

Mirko Cro Cop "Filipovic" > Brendan "The Overrated Greenhorn" Schaub - 3rd Round TKO (Punches)

Eliot Marshall > Luiz Cane - Split Decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29)

Edson Barboza > Anthony Njokuani - 3rd Round TKO (Liver Kick)

Ricardo Almeida > Mike Pyle - Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Kurt Pellegrino > Gleison Tibau - Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)

Joseph Benavidez > Ian Loveland - 2nd Round Submission (Rear Naked Choke)

Erik Koch > Raphael Assuncao - Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Nick Catone = Constantinos Philippou - Unanimous Draw (30-30, 29-29, 28-28) - Every card has at least one ridiculous decision that makes no sense.

Jim Miller

Mirko

Nate

Uriah

Shogun/Jones ? Not real sure on this one.

I predict Shogun will come out strong and either KO/TKO Jones quickly or if he misses alot will get too aggressive and get taken down quickly. I think he will create space to scramble then go for the heel hook and at the very least use it to transition back to his feet. If Jones can weather this early storm I think he'll be victorious especially if he can land some elbones.

It think the fight will depend on Jones being able to takedown Shogun, keep control and not allow any space then bust him up with short elbows. If he allows too much space loading up Shogun will likely escape.

It also wouldn't surprize me if Shogun comes out looking like he's going to strike then suddenly tries to take Bones down and if he can do that Bones will be in trouble especially if he passes to mount.

My picks exactly ' date=' though I really want Mirko to win. Kamal has the skills to pull off the upset against Jim.[/quote']

He does but i think Jim will take him down and sub him at some point. Before anyone says but Kamal is an awesome world class wrestler though how will he take him down? My answer is this is mma. Striking does wonders to setting up takedowns especially when someone throws heavy bombs like Kamal does. If Jim makes him overcommit or disrupts him by countering before or in between one of those bombs and follows up he may just take him down. If he does get him and secures solid control right after i think he might just sub Kamal. Kamal is a tough sob though and i expect it to be a war.

He does but i think Jim will take him down and sub him at some point. Before anyone says but Kamal is an awesome world class wrestler though how will he take him down? My answer is this is mma. Striking does wonders to setting up takedowns especially when someone throws heavy bombs like Kamal does. If Jim makes him overcommit or disrupts him by countering before or in between one of those bombs and follows up he may just take him down. If he does i think he might just sub Kamal. Kamal is a tough sob though and i expect it to be a war.

Kamal throws huge leg kicks and haymakers , Miller is a seasoned , elite light weight of course he could find openings for takedowns. If I had to bet 50 dollars on this fight I'd put it on Miller in all honesty. I just think Kamal has a lot of angles he could win this fight from and has all the tools to win decisively. I expect a war also this fight and Barboza vs Anthony are going to be insane.

Shogun's knees were bad

Jones got lucky

Thats my favorite. I might make a thread based off that if Shogun looses by wrestle ****.

Archived