winner of dan henderson/rashad evans gets next title shot

Batmanjones

It would work if Dan was UFC fighter' date=' alas he is not....you do see the problem this presents, no? :P[/quote']

dan henderson contract is up zuffa owns strikeforce see how that works, i wont be surprised if we see dan henderson walk into the octagon after the fight saying he is the next contender

dan henderson contract is up zuffa owns strikeforce see how that works' date=' i wont be surprised if we see dan henderson walk into the octagon after the fight saying he is the next contender[/quote']

You are absoloutely correct he is under zuffa contract, as a strikeforce fighter.

He will stay in SF until his contract expires, or a potential merger.

Zuffa does not = UFC.

Henderson should be fighting Mousasi.

Who cares about Evans?

I like this.

I would like to see Dan back in the UFC' date=' as LHW. However, I wish the next contender were the winner of Couture/Machida. Makes a little more sense.[/quote']

Makes no sense...if Machida wins he gets a shot after losing 2 straight and beating an old man? And if Couture wins he gets a shot for beating 1 top tier guy?

I like the general concept, but Strikeforce now has a 'Champion' clause in their contracts, to prevent another Shields fiasco. If you hold a SF belt, you cannot sign with another promotion. You either have to re-up with SF, or retire, to prevent future champs from getting a belt, then using it to maximize bids from other organizations when their SF contract expires.

Archived